- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
Best Civil War Video Games of All Time
The Uncivil, Civil War!
Which is Your Favorite?
Which is your favorite Civil War video game?
Ranking Video Games
Xbox 360 Consoles
10 Classic Civil War Games
1. Gettysburg: This first person shooter is a cross between a role playing game and an action shooter. This one player game was made exclusively for Microsoft Windows. This game has many tactical missions that require thought as much as action. This game features (25) twenty five levels and the backgrounds look very battle worn and realistic. Being an action shooter game, puts you in on the action. You really feel as if you are on the battleground.
2. Gettysburg: Armored Warfare: This third person strategy game was made for Microsoft Windows. In this game, as a commander you will control units on the ground, in the water and in the air. Twelve levels make up this realistic wartime video game. This is a futuristic Civil War game in which your character is from the future and he traveled to America bringing his weapons to the confederate soldiers.
3. Civil War Generals 2: In this game, you can play as the South or the North on completely different sides. This game was made exclusively for Microsoft Windows in 1997. It carries on where Robert E. Lee left off as this is a sequel of sorts. It is a single player game with many weapons and cut scenes that are realistic. The fighting scenes are a lot more detailed with the improvement of graphics over the years.
4. Darkest of Days: This game came out for computers and the Xbox 360. It is a first person single player game. This action and tactical game combination takes you past 8 actual battles including Custard's Last Stand. The sound, graphics, realism and the games action and ease of play are astounding. I never owned this game but, played it with my cousin, it was a little bit more difficult.
5. Battleground 7: Bull Run: This tactical point and click strategy game was made for Microsoft Windows in 1997 and It is famous because, of the recreation of the Battle of Bull Run. Although this game has ammo, medications and so forth it also has player moral.
6. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood: This game has western over tones but, Ray and Thomas actually battle in the American Civil War during this first person shoot em up. This game was made for the PS 3, Xbox 360 and Windows in 2009. The game features gun slingers, bank robberies, train robberies and prison breaks during cut scenes. This game it is very violent and represents the Old West very well. Billy The Kid would be proud.
7. North and South: This war game is a action strategy game that mixes the two. It was made for Commodore 64, Amiga and Nintendo in 1990. The game is rather comical throughout with it's outrageous quotes and sayings. It is also based on factual war events and it allows you to play from the point of view of the North or the South and the cannons are so realistic it is scary. Being that I am from the state of Alabama, I always play the southern character. I never owned this game but, I did play it at my friend's house.
8. Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War: This game is only on Windows and it was released in 2006. It was a single player tactical point and click game with extremely good graphics. There are two campaigns you can choose the Union or the Confederacy and each has a completely different set of weapons and the cut scenes and missions differ as well. Too bad this video game about The Civil War was only released on personal computers because, it is one informative and outstanding game to play and learn from.
9. American Conquest Divided Nation: This game is a sequel which was released for Windows in 2003. It is a single player real time strategy game. Each move you make will shape your missions as you go. You have to deal with battle but also with gathering resources such as: food, water, wood, coal and iron. Although it is a computer game, it is realistic for its topic which is survival. This game is what our nation was built on.
10. Civil War: This text based game was made for Mac, Dos and Windows in 1978. It is based on Civil war facts and it features real life war weaponry throughout the game which has 12 intense levels of play. Guns and swords come into play in this game but when and where you attack is even more important. My grandfather would have loved this game if he had played this one. He loved anything to do with the Civil War.
* Please feel free to share your favorite Civil War video game with me by leaving your opinion in the comments box located at the bottom of this hub.
Darkest of Days Gameplay
Which One Is It?
view quiz statistics
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Weapons of War
M-16 Machine Gun
Video Gaming Links!
- Best Martial Arts Video Games of All Time
This article describes the relationship between video games and mixed martial arts. Pictures, videos, polls and commentary are listed in this blog on fighting on video games.
- Best Computer Video Games of All Time
This article is about the best computer video Games ever. Phantasmagoria, The Sims, Resident Evil and World of WarCraft are listed in this classic computer games hub. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls, a quiz and commentary.
- Best World War 1 Video Games of All Time
This video game article documents the top World War 1 games ever made. Pictures, videos and commentary are listed in this hub along with reviews of top games such as: Red Baron and Wings of War.
- Best Role Playing Video Games of All Time
This Article documents the top role playing video games ever made. The Legend of Zelda, Dungeons and Dragons and Wizards and Warriors are featured in this video game hub. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube videos and commentary are listed here as well.
- Best World War 2 Video Games of All Time
This Video game article documents the top WW2 games ever made. Pictures, videos and commentary are featured in this hub about Call of Duty, Wolfenstein 3D, Sniper Elite and many other war games.
- Best Vietnam War Video Games of All Time
This video gaming hub features Vietnam War games such as Call of Duty: Black Ops, Tunnel Rats and Men of Valor. Pictures, videos and commentary are listed in this article.
Battleground 2 Gameplay
War is The Name of The game
War games in general are the number one selling genre on home video game consoles. From WW1 to Desert Storm Video Games about war are major hits.
Call of Juarez Review
© 2013 Buster Johnson