- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
Best Colecovision Video Games of All Time
When Was It Released?
view quiz statistics
The Gaming World
The Colecovision along with Atari invented the home video gaming market and they made some classics. They came out with well over 150 games but, the top ten list below stands out for one reason or another. The graphics may not be top notch but the games are a fun as can be. Although this system did not last it was still a classic and some of the games have been remade on other gaming consoles with improved sound, graphics and longer levels.
1. Burger Time: You play as a Chef who must make hamburgers while avoiding Mr. Pickle and Mr. Hotdog. Your character completes levels by lining up burger ingredients and completing a whole hamburger. You can kill enemies by getting lettuce or a beef patty to land on their heads. It is amazing that this game came out so long ago. 40 years after it came out, it is sitting in an arcade. Although, I did not play it, being popular enough for an arcade, says a lot.
2. Donkey Kong Jr.: Mario has captured King Kong in the original and now as Donkey Kong Jr. you must climb vines and use keys to open all cages and to ultimately save your gorilla dad. You must complete 4 levels to be able to win and kick Mario off the stage. I felt like everyone owned this game. It seemed to be like a kid favorite across the board. An instant classic on all platforms.
3. James Bond 007: The game has four levels and your character drives a car on the road and also on the water. You shoot bullets at enemies trying to win at Four Bond films including: Diamonds are Forever and For your eyes only. It is very entertaining but the only complaint would be that the game itself is too short and rather easy to complete.
4. Pitfall 2: Lost Caverns: This game while very similar to the first has many differences including unlimited lives. Your character Harry never dies he only loses some points from your total. This game back in 1984 was something of a break through cause it featured nearly 30 horizontal style levels. If you are a fan of the original then this one will blow you away for sure.
5. Rocky Super Action Boxing: This game is based on the Rocky 3 film and you get to box as Clubber Lang (Mr. T) or Rocky Balboa. Your fighter can throw two punches and move up and down. It was a one or two player game and although it had horrid graphics it was very fun to play with a friend.
6. War Games: You must shoot down the enemy across 6 different locations in America while avoiding bombs and missile attacks. Your player must defend U.S. bases and guard towers and the one player shooter has 8 levels of difficulty.
7. Q Bert: You play as Q Bert from a 3rd person perspective and you must change the colors on the platform while avoiding enemies by leaping over them. To gain a higher score and advance through the rounds you must match colors in a scheme by jumping up and down the blocks. Q Bert was another game that I grew up on. It was always fun to play.
8. Star Wars: The Arcade Game- This game had 3D graphics and it is based Star Wars Episode 4. You scroll back and forth from a ship at the bottom of the screen shooting at enemies and in the end your character, Luke Skywalker, must destroy the Death Star. Although it would be very hard to find, if you could locate a copy of this Star Wars game, unopened, this particular game is worth a lot of money.
9. Pacman: You play as Pacman and you eat pellets and run through a maze avoiding the 4 ghosts then you eat fruit and power pellets and eat all the blinking ghost and all other pellets. To win the original it had 255 levels to complete. I love Pacman!! This is one of the games that I remember playing as a child.
10. Mouse Trap: Your character is a mouse and you must avoid mouse traps, cats and also seek the dog on the cat. Simple fun for kids and adults.A single player video game. It's played as a side stroller and it has cat and mouse noises throughout but strangely it has no music whatsoever.
Which is The Best?
Which is your favorite Colecovision Video Game?
Video Game Console Ranking
Video Game Links
- Best Sega Master System Games of All Time
This hub documents the top Sega Master System Video Cartridges ever including Ecco the Dolphin, California Games, Alien Storm and Mortal Kombat. Photos, you tube clips, maps, and a poll are here.
- A Tribute To The Madden Video Game Dynasty
This hub is about the Madden Football video game. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube clips and commentary are listed in this hub about a classic video game franchise along with other facts.
- Best RPG Video Games of All Time
This Article documents the top role playing video games ever made. The Legend of Zelda, Dungeons and Dragons and Wizards and Warriors are featured in this video game hub. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube videos and commentary are listed here as well.
- Best Arcade Games of All Time
This article documents the best Arcade video games ever. Included re Double Dragon, Golden Axe and more. Pictures, polls, you tube videos and commentary are featured in this video game hub.
- Best Neo Geo Games of All Time
This article is about the NEO GEO Video game console and it's best games. Art of Fighting, Soccer Brawl, World Heroes and Metal Slug are featured in this classic video game hub. Pictures, maps, you tube videos, polls, a quiz and commentary are listed
- Best Sega Genesis Games of All Time
This article focuses on the Sega Genesis and the video games for the system. Sonic the Hedgehog, Toejam and Earl and Mortal Kombat are featured in this hub. You tube videos, pictures, polls, a quiz and commentary are all listed in this classic video
Frogger for Colecovision
Mario's Best Video Games
Mario is Nintendo's flagship character and his brother is Luigi. Mario continues to be featured in many video games on home consoles and at the arcades. Below are five of Mario's biggest hits.
1. Donkey Kong: He was the main character. You played as Mario jumping over Donkey Kong's barrels that he throws at you. Donkey Kong's goal is to defeat Donkey Kong, who is trying to climb to the top.
2. Super Mario Brothers: Mario and his brother Luigi were the stars of this game. This game inspired at least a dozen more games on several different gaming systems. This game was a spin off of Mario Brothers.
3. Mike Tyson's Punch Out: Mario was the referee of this boxing game. This game was popular with boxing fans and even non-boxing fans.
4. Mario Kart: Mario is the main character of this racing game.
5. Super Mario Kart: Mario is back in a super powered racing game.
© 2012 Buster Johnson