- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
Best Commodore 64 Video Games of all Time
Commodore video Game Console
1. Castle Nightmare: Battle as Simon the warrior through the evil castle but watch out for the monsters and the electric walls. The game has 8 rounds and your goal is to get the big diamond while avoiding dangers by running and jumping.Zombies, vampires and werewolves are all over the place in this fun game. Be careful because one hit will kill your character unless you have a power up. Castle Nightmare is Commodore's direct competition to Nintendo's game entitled, Castlevania.
2. Metal Gear: Your goal in this military action game is to destroy a huge tank capable of launching nuclear bombs on the world. Use all types of guns and knives while on your missions which have a boss at the end of each. This game features tanks, choppers and airplanes. Your character can punch, kick,crawl, climb, aim and shoot weapons which by the way get better as you go through the levels. This game is about the same as the original Nintendo addition.
3. Lethal Weapon: This game is based on the film of the same name and your character choices are either Danny Glover or Mel Gibson. Guns, grenades, knives and your fists are at your disposal as you fight crime in the city. It is based on Lethal Weapon 3. The cut scenes are taken directly from the film and the musical score has some of the music from the film but the sound effects are corny to say the least and do not reflect the cartridge play all that well.
4. Out Run: This is a third person racing game where your racer drives a Testarossa and competes against other drivers in tournament style races. 3D was used in the background of this game and it was amazing for 1987. When you wreck, you start back again right away which looked corny but, it kept the flow of the race going quickly. This game was originally a coin operated arcade game before it was ported to the Commodore 64 and other gaming devices. This is a very fun game to play.
5. Pole Position 2: This game was released on the Commodore 64 in 1987 and it is a great improvement from the original game system. It features (four) 4 tracks instead of one and it also was the first racing game that featured your race cars wheels spinning. Otherwise it's like the original limited but, non stop fun racing. The game had slightly improved graphics over the original especially when it came to the cars and the background.
6. The Addams Family: Your character is Gomez Addams and your objective is to travel through your home killing the enemies until you can get all the clues and save your whole family. The graphics and plot are average at best but the game play is addicting as is the Addams Family music during the games action and opening sequence.
7. Die Hard: You play as a cop trying to save people and destroy terrorists in this game based on the film of the same title. The game features 40 bad guys to battle and cut scenes from the movie. Your character can run, crawl, climb, jump and shoot in this one player shooter. You are in a huge 20 story building and you are alone fighting over 50 armed criminals. If you are a fan of the Die Hard movie franchise, you will love this video game.
8. Gremlins: The Adventure: This game was based on the Gremlins film and was based on typing in answers to questions in order to progress. Your goal is to keep the Gremlins from taking over the city. Remember you must keep them away from water after midnight.
9. Jack the Ripper: This game was released in 1987 and is set in the 1880s. Jack The Ripper, has killed people and the cops think you did it/they sometimes. You must find clues in order to prove you are innocent. This game is based on real life events and it's before it's time without a doubt.
10. Action Biker: During this game, you control a motorcycle and you must drive around town collecting bike parts including water skis that allow you to ride the water. In the end, you have one big race to win after your motorcycle becomes super charged. It is not all that known ad not overly popular but it was nice bite on Excite Bike.
This is the highest selling computer model of all time. It is estimated to have sold between 10 million and 17 million units. The unit sold for $595 in 1982. That was quite expensive for this period of time.
If you have ever owned a Commodore 64, please let me know what your favorite game is and the reason by sharing your thoughts in the comments box located at the bottom of this article. The founder of Atari is the son of the inventor of the Commodore 64.
Which is The Best?
Which is your favorite Commodore 64 Game?
Commodore 64 Games
Video Game Links
- Video Games Based On Films
This article is about video games that are based on movies. Die Hard, Prison Break, Cliff Hanger and Batman are documented in this hub. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube videos and commentary are listed in this blog as well.The Thing is a horror movie
- Best Atari Jaguar Games of All Time
This article is about the Atari Jaguar 64 bit video game system and it's games. Atari Karts, Club Drive, Hover Strike and Iron Soldier are all documented here. Pictures, you tube videos, polls, maps, a quiz and commentary are featured in this nostalg
- Best Panasonic 3DO Video Games of All Time
This article is about the Classic video Game System made in the early 90s, the Panasonic 3DO. There were many good games for the system even though it's success was short lived. Golf and NBA Championship Basketball roundvout there tip games. Pictures
- Best Neo Geo Games of All Time
This article is about the NEO GEO Video game console and it's best games. Art of Fighting, Soccer Brawl, World Heroes and Metal Slug are featured in this classic video game hub. Pictures, maps, you tube videos, polls, a quiz and commentary are listed
- Best Sega Dreamcast Games of All Time
This article is about the best Dreamcast games ever. Incoming, Conflict Zone, Vitua Cop 2, Zombies Revenge and Soul Fighter are documented in this classic games hub. You tube videos, pictures, polls, a quiz and commentary are listed here.
- Playstation 3: Complete Review
This article documents and details the Playstation 3 video game console. The Controllers, the graphics, online play and the gameplay are described in this blog along with pictures, polls, maps, you tube videos and commentary.
Commodore 64 Commercial
Computers in Gaming
Originally, computer games were not as fun as video games. The main reason is because you had to play only with a keyboard or mouse. Not anymore cause computers have controllers also. Also, many PC video games use a mouse and key board or a mouse and a controller. The newer Gaming Consoles are practically computers themselves with the online access.
© 2012 Buster Johnson