Best Computer Video Games of All Time
Classic PC Games
1. World Of Warcraft (2005): This is an online multi-player role playing game. The particular game has spawned many sequels. It is set in old times and you are barbarian equipped with many weapons. In the game, you learn things such as cooking, fishing and cleaning. This is one of the most popular online games ever produced. I was interested in this game until I went to my cousin's house and I saw him and his friend playing it. By the time I left, I was addicted to this game.
2. Half Life 2 (2004): This science fiction game is a first person shooter. You must solve puzzles to pass through the levels. The game featured many cut scenes and many weapons such as: crowbar, rocket launcher, shotgun, crossbow and grenande launcher. The sound effects in this game make it very intense the whole time.
3. Diablo 2 (2000): This is a one player fantasy horror role playing game. With scary music and spooky ghouls at every turn, this game remains a horror classic. You must make it through four chapters including the dark jungle and the desert. It has some nasty looking monsters that you must defeat. I am really impressed with the cut scenes in this game and this hypes you up and makes you want to continue to play.
4. Unreal Tournament (1999): This first person shooter game has vs. mode and tournament in which you must defend the military base while shooting down the enemies. Your character has bullets and missiles in their arsenal. It has lots of fast pace action and the cut scenes go nicely with the game's theme.
5. Hitman Blood Money (2006): This is the fourth installment of the series and it features cinematic cut scenes throughout the game. The sound track in this game is outstanding and your character does hits by any means or item that is necessary. You can eliminate enemies by stabbing at close range or by sniper shooting from a distance.
6. The Sims 3 (2009): In this game, you simulate real life actions such as cleaning, watching television, eating, shopping and more. The details are very realistic and the graphics are as well. This game has bonus levels and it's very addicting. This game progresses through years naturally like in real life and it allows you to purchase clothing, cars and houses. My co-worker was terribly addicted to The Sims. She started as soon as this game first hit the market and she did not look back. She would come to work and talk about the Sims like it was her real family.
7. Doom (1993): This first person shooter game, is one player and it has got a horror theme. It has nine levels of action and your character is a space marine firing away at demons on Mars. Your weaponry gets better as you progress in the game and your enemies become more sophisticated. It is the only game that I ever played where you end up fighting in hell. This is one is a scary place to play.
8. Grand Theft Auto 4 (2008): In this game, your characters steal cars, robs and follows Mob orders in order to get money. You can race in cars and walk in malls and stores and of course, fight with cops and gangsters. Also, You can complete missions and side missions and the full motion video clips are realistic looking.
9. Phantasmagoria (1993): This is a one player point and click horror video game. The game has full motion video in between the seven levels of game play. The mansion is haunted and your stuck in the middle. This was the first game to use a live actor. The demons and ghosts are very realistic especially when the devil appears in the church.
10. The Last Express (1997): This one player adventure game takes place just before the start of World War 2. Your character is a doctor who must survive a train ride filled with adversaries. It's a very deep war related video game.
* Please use the comments capsule at the bottom of this hub to let me know what your favorite computer video game is and why.
Video Game Links
- Best Intellivision Video Games of All Time
The Intellivision video game console came out in 1977 and it has hosted plenty of great games. Q Bert, Auto Racing, Frogger, Dig Dug and Demon Attack are featured in this article.
- Best Atari Games of All Time
This article is about the Atari 2600 and 7800 and the games for the consoles. Frogger, pole Position, Pitfall and Donkey Kong are all documented in this look at the classic video game system that started it all. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls
- Best Sega Saturn Games of All Time
This article is about the top games for the SEGA Saturn game Console. Area 51, Virua Fighter, Virtua Racing and Daytona USA are documented in this classic video game hub. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls, a quiz and commentary highlight this ga
- Best Nintendo Gamecube Games of All Time
This article is about the Nintendo Gamecube and it's best video games. star Fox, Resident Evil, Crazy Taxi and Mario Party 4 are featured in this classic video game hub. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls, a quiz and commentary are documented her
- Best Sega CD Games of All Time
This article is about the Sega CD video game console and it's games. Night Trap, Sonic CD, mortal KOMBAT CD and NBA Jam are listed in this classic video game hub. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls, a quiz and commentary are featured here.
- Best Sega Genesis Games of All Time
This article focuses on the Sega Genesis and the video games for the system. Sonic the Hedgehog, Toejam and Earl and Mortal Kombat are featured in this hub. You tube videos, pictures, polls, a quiz and commentary are all listed in this classic video
Hitman: Blood Money
Which Do You Prefer?
Which Do You Like Best?
World of Warcraft
Sound Effects Ranking
Top PC Games o All Time
Computers Have Came Along Way!
Computers now have touch screens, computers without cords and even mouses without wires. My, how times have changed. To play on a PC you used to use a mouse or the computer arrows but they have came out with controllers to help get rid of the hassle.
© 2012 Buster Johnson