Best Gameboy Games of All Time
Hand Held Classics
1. Duck Tales: In this game you play as a billionaire duck who can kick, punch, use a cane to fight and use a pogo stick to soar in the air. You battle past 5 terrains in order to collect all the gold. This game is loosely based on the cartoon of the exact same name. The music goes perfectly with the game and although it's rather easy it's simply addicting.
2. Mega Man II: As Megaman you must once again beat Dr. Wily but, this time you must beat a new enemy while trying to destroy the time machine and the androids name is Quint. Use your bullets and jumping skills to avoid danger. The machine is guarded by gun toting aliens so beware of their incoming fire. MM 2 starts off where the Megan Megan part one left off.
3. Riddick Bowe Boxing: You can play as Bowe or as any ranked boxer and you move around the ring in 360 angles. The game features career mode so you can battle through the ranks to fight for the Championship. You can win by knockout, decision or stoppage on cuts. Also, the game has training with the heavy bag and jump roping to build your power and stamina, respectively.
4. Home Alone 2: This game is based on the film franchise and you play as little Kevin. The game has four missions which take place in the mansion, hotel plaza, Central park and the streets. You set traps for the thieves and catch them. The game loosely follows the film and the gameplay is very entertaining for a handheld game.
5. Earthworm Jim:You play as a worm in a steel suit who fights crime with a gun and he also can hit with his head striking it out like a whip. The game has eight levels and each one has a boss in the end culminating with a showdown with Psy-Crow. It is far different than the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis versions.
6. Jurassic Park: This game is based loosely on the film and you ride in a car dodging dinosaurs and also finding clues, maps and killing T-Rex in the end. The game has eight missions with many objective's such as collecting the six raptor eggs. You can drive, run, jump and of course shoot guns in this game. Jurassic Park is fun as can be but it is actually really hard to compete.
7. Street Fighter 2:The sequel is better than the original because it features new characters and villains and also multiple punch combinations. You must defeat 3 main bosses until you can fight M. Bison. You can punch, kick, spin kick, elbow, knee and jump kick opponents during fights but use defense and excellent footwork because the opponents have their own set of moves.
8. Robocop: This game is based on the film of the same name and you play as Robocop. In the end after ridding the city of major crime and beating 6 other bosses you must defeat the ultimate machine, the ED-209. The game has cut scenes that come directly from the film. You use kicks, punch, your big pistol and your car to handle crime.
9. Q Bert-As Q Bert: You jump around on different cubes changing the colors to your advantage or your disadvantage. You have three enemies to avoid during the game. One hit from an enemy kills you and you must be careful not to leap off of the squares. If you are a fan games such as Tetris then this game is for you.
10. Mortal Kombat: This game was brutal because of the 8 playable characters each has a special finishing move to kill the opponent. Blood and violence are featured in this fighting video game. This was the first game to feature blood that appeared on any Gameboy. Fans of the console versions will like this one to be sure.
If you have ever had a Nintendo Gameboy please let me know what your favorite game is and the reason why by leaving your thoughts in the comments box located at the bottom of this article.
Location of Nintendo
Have You Owned One?
Have you ever owned an original Nintendo Gameboy?
Who Makes It?
view quiz statistics
Video Game hubs
- Best Vietnam War Video Games of All Time
This video gaming hub features Vietnam War games such as Call of Duty: Black Ops, Tunnel Rats and Men of Valor. Pictures, videos and commentary are listed in this article.
- Best Panasonic 3DO Video Games of All Time
This article is about the Classic video Game System made in the early 90s, the Panasonic 3DO. There were many good games for the system even though it's success was short lived. Golf and NBA Championship Basketball roundvout there tip games. Pictures
- Best Nintendo Wii Games of All Time
This article focuses on the Nintendo Wii and it's games. Trauma Team, Klonoa, Little King's Story and Dead Space Extraction are documented in this classic video games hub. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls and commentary are also featured in thi
- Best Sega Master System Games of All Time
This hub documents the top Sega Master System Video Cartridges ever including Ecco the Dolphin, California Games, Alien Storm and Mortal Kombat. Photos, you tube clips, maps, polls and commentary are also featured in this video game article.
- Best Magnavox Odyssey Video Games of All Time
This article features the Magnavox Odessey, which is a classic video game console. Cat and Mouse, Table Tennis and Shootout are listed in this hub along with polls, pictures, video clips and commentary.
- Best RPG Video Games of All Time
This Article documents the top role playing video games ever made. The Legend of Zelda, Dungeons and Dragons and Wizards and Warriors are featured in this video game hub. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube videos and commentary are listed here as well.
The Original Gameboy
Gameboy Game Review
The Handheld Revolution
Nintendo did not invent the first handheld video game system but, what they did start was a revolution with The Original Gameboy. Once it came out children worldwide wanted one. All of a sudden Atari and Sega began producing them. Now Sony is thriving in the market right alongside Nintendo.
Hand Held games have always been big business but in recent years they have exploded.
© 2012 Buster Johnson