Best Horror Video Games of All Time
Scary Enough To Play!
Video Game Ranking
Saw on Xbox 360
Great Video Game Consoles
Turbo- Graphics 16
Video Game Hubs
- Best Turbo Graphics 16 Games of All Time
This article documents the 90s Classic Video Game console called the Turbo Graphics16, named so because of it's 16 bits of power. Pictures, you tube videos with reviews, polls, maps, and commentary.
- Best Films Based On Video Games
This article is about movies based off of video games. Resident Evil, Max Payne, Final Fantasy and Double Dragon are documented in this video game hub. You tube videos, polls, maps, pictures and commentary are listed in this blog.
- Video Games Based On Films
This article is about video games that are based on movies. Die Hard, Prison Break, Cliff Hanger and Batman are documented in this hub. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube videos and commentary are listed in this blog as well.The Thing is a horror movie
- Top Video Game Characters of All Time
This article Describes the best video game characters of all time including Sonic, Mario, Luigi, Link and Jak. Pictures, Videos, polls and Commentary are listed here along with illustrations of each.
- Best Commodore 64 Video Games of All Time
This article describes the Commodore 64 Video Game system and it's top games. Navy Seals, Double Dare, Ninja Gaiden and Back to the Future 2 are listed here along with you tube clips, maps, pictures, polls and commentary are also featured in this hub
- Best Neo Geo Games of All Time
This article is about the NEO GEO Video game console and it's best games. Art of Fighting, Soccer Brawl, World Heroes and Metal Slug are featured in this classic video game hub. Pictures, maps, you tube videos, polls, a quiz and commentary are listed
Great Horror Video Games
1. Phantasmagoria (1995) This point and click horror game is truly scary. It was released for PC and for the Sega Saturn. It later had a sequel and it was released on seven compact discs. Full motion interactive video is used throughout the game. The game takes place in an evil mansion that has a demon. The sound, game play and special effects make this a scary game that you may want to play with the lights on. The scene that takes place inside a Church is frightening experience to say the least.
2. Silent Hill 2 (2001) This game is in third person perspective and it was produced for the PS2 and the Xbox. The game uses maps, keys and clues in order to advance. Even more so than weaponry. The game has three guns and three other attack weapons for killing monsters which can be detected by use of the players hand radio. The game has realistic references to world history scattered throughout this ghoulish game. The game uses scary cut scenes throughout to illustrate the next mission just like the previous Silent Hill game. Rated R for violence and extreme gore.
3. Clive Barker's Jericho (2007) This horror game was made in first person point of view and it was released for the PS3 and the Xbox 360. You fight demons using a seven man squad of soldiers. This game uses tactical moves as much as weapons and killing. Also, each of the (7) seven men that you control has their own special powers or super natural powers if you will. The game has some scary creatures and very odd plot twists that make it worth it. This is a fun game.
4. Condemned 2: Bloodshot (2008) Sega produced this horror game for the XBox 360 and the PS3. This horror game is shot in the first person camera view. Your character is an FBI agent and a cult named Oro is responsible for sick, twisted mutations and evil manifestations. This game features problem solving and forensic evidence labs for your work. Besides weapons your character also fights with his fists and feet.
5. Splatterhouse 2 (1992) This 16 bit horror game was a one player game made exclusively for the Sega Genesis. The game has 8 stages of side scrolling game play. Every level of the game features a gory creature at the end and you can fight them with street fighting skills and weapons such as bats and wooden 2 (two) and by 4's not to mention, shot guns, knives and pipes. This is one of the first horror games on a video game console and it was entertaining,
6. Resident Evil 3 (1999) This one player survival horror game is a third person point of view thriller. It was made for the Playstation, Dreamcast and Game Cube. Besides Zombies, ghosts and demons, your character will also, have to deal with Nemesis. Nemesis is a creature that was created to destroy the STARS. The game has different endings and multiple choices that are to be made throughout the game.
7. Saw (2009) This one player, third person horror game is based off the film of the same name. It was produced for the PS3 and the Xbox 360. The game has a new story line and new death traps not shown in any of the Saw films. Your character is a former police detective stuck in a rigged asylum. Use 19 weapons to fend off problems as you navigate through Jig Saw's traps. It has a few scenes that are hard to complete and you havers follow the clue's extremely close.
8. The 11th Hour (1995) This one player horror, puzzle point and click game was made exclusively for the Mac and PC. The ghost of Julia resides in this home so enter at your own risk. 12 levels of intense gaming an 2 hours of full motion video. This game has clues and mazes, maps, keys and riddles to solve and most importantly, murders to solve.
9. The Thing (2002) This horror game is based on the John Carpenter horror flick of the same name and it has full motion video and animated cut scenes based on the movie. The game is in third person and your character has weapons, squad members, a onsite medic and of course keep your team happy so they want turn on you. Watch out because weird and horrific things are happening all around you in the snow.
10. Manhunt 2 (2007) This game was made for the Playstation 2 and the Xbox. It is in third person perspective. This gory, zombie monster game features hand to hand combatand fighting by using guns. This game has two endings and two different final stages to the game. Rated M and definitely the most gory of the games on this list.
* Please feel free to share with me what your favorite horror video game is and why. You can do so by leaving your opinions in the comments capsule which is located at the bottom of this page.
Clive Barker's Jericho
Which is The Scariest?
Which horror video game do you like the best?
Resident Evil 3 Review
view quiz statistics
Review of "Saw"
Splatter house 2 Review
© 2013 Buster Johnson