Best Neo Geo Games of All Time
Classic Neo Geo Games
Great NEO GEO Games
1. Double Dragon (1995): Double Dragon 6 was based on the film of the same name that was released in 1994. You fight in one on one style fight mode in the best two out of three matches.You possess a special move and kicks,knees, punches and elbows. Weapons in this game to fight with include: knives, bats, pipes, garbage cans and rocks. I love the music and the sound effects which are top notch, in my opinion.
2. King of the Monsters (1991): This game consists of twelve levels with six large monsters that you must defeat. The game takes place in 6 Japanese cities and the game spawned a sequel. Their are mutant enemies to defeat along the way. You have abilities that you can gain as you progress through the levels by unlocking them. Use your body, brains and any weapon you can to win this game.
3. Metal Slug (1996): This two player run and gun game was adapted from the arcade game and the game is known for action and laughter. In this fighting game there are six levels to battle and blast through. The game takes place in the woods, Military bases and in Mountain valleys with bad weather conditions. The game only has one issue and that is that it's to simple to beat.
4. World Heroes (1992): This game was based off of the Streetfighter video game. Punch, kick, knee, elbow, and toss your opponents across the street in this fight in the future. In the game your sent to the future to fight. The plot is lame but the sounds and the fluid controls made the game fun. All the fighting moves are very simple to do which makes this game entertaining.
5: King of Fighters 94 (1994): This game has made several sequels and is based off of the game Fatal Fury. In this game you play in three on three battle mode in which you control one of your three fighters. This video game features multiple attacks especially with a variety of combination kicks and punches combined with jumps, elbows and knees.
6. Art of Fighting (1992): In this video game, the player fights opponents in best two out of three bouts to determine the winner. The game spawned a few sequels and after you have conquered the game in Story mode there are three bonus levels. Awesome graphics and game playing for the time made this game a hit to whoever got a chance to try it out.
7. Ninja Commando (1992): This is a one or two player run and gun fighting game. Your player has three Ninjas to choose from and seven periods of time to conquer in this game. WW2, The Stone Age, China and Old Egypt are just a few of the time periods you must battle in. It is fun to play and the game actually teaches a bit of history as it progresses.
8. Soccer Brawl (1992): This soccer game has career mode with actual teams and fictional players. In this game besides conventional Soccer your character can fight other soccer players when you choose to but be careful because your character can be injured and even put out of the game. The good news is there is no penalty for fighting.
9. Mutation Nation (1992): One or Two players must fight past five levels killing mutants and find a way to stop the virus from spreading across the country. Besides the usual punches, kicks and special moves you also get to use one of four super powers once per level.
10. The Last Blade (1997): This is a 2D fighting game played in different areas around the globe and your character fights in one on one matches. The game takes place in Japan. Your character has swords and can fight with his hands and feet as well. Combination moves help win the bouts quicker but always use your defense because your foe is powerful and they all have skills.
* If you have ever owned a Neo Geo gaming console I would love to hear about your favorite game or about the system in general. Feel free to leave your opinions in the comments capsule located at the bottom of this article.
Have you ever played it?
Have You Ever Played The Neo Geo?
Neo Geo Video Game Console
Video Game Link
- Best Gameboy Games of All Time
This hub features information about the Nintendo GameBoy Hand held system. Earthworm Jim, Jurassic Park, Duck Tales and Megaman 2 are also listed in this article along with maps, polls, pictures, you tube clips and commentary. In Jurassic Park you ri
- Best Atari Games of All Time
This article is about the Atari 2600 and 7800 and the games for the consoles. Frogger, pole Position, Pitfall and Donkey Kong are all documented in this look at the classic video game system that started it all. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls
- Best Sega Saturn Games of All Time
This article is about the top games for the SEGA Saturn game Console. Area 51, Virua Fighter, Virtua Racing and Daytona USA are documented in this classic video game hub. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls, a quiz and commentary highlight this ga
- Best Atari Jaguar Games of All Time
This article is about the Atari Jaguar 64 bit video game system and it's games. Atari Karts, Club Drive, Hover Strike and Iron Soldier are all documented here. Pictures, you tube videos, polls, maps, a quiz and commentary are featured in this nostalg
- Best Sega CD Games of All Time
This article is about the Sega CD video game console and it's games. Night Trap, Sonic CD, mortal KOMBAT CD and NBA Jam are listed in this classic video game hub. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls, a quiz and commentary are featured here.
- Best Nintendo Gamecube Games of All Time
This article is about the Nintendo Gamecube and it's best video games. star Fox, Resident Evil, Crazy Taxi and Mario Party 4 are featured in this classic video game hub. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls, a quiz and commentary are documented her
A Look The The Neo Geo
Neo Geo Power
The Neo Geo is a leader in the arcade video game market because they supplied very entertaining fighting games with great sound and graphics. The only drawbacks is that they made their controllers far too big and bulky for their home system and also the console did not produce enough games. I played so many arcade games made by these guys but as far as the home console goes, my cousin and one of my friends had the Neo Geo and I have to admit the system had advanced graphics at the time of its release.
© 2012 Buster Johnson