Best Nintendo Games of All Time
Classic Nintendo Games
Great 8 bit Nintendo Games
1. Contra (1988): One or two player run and shoot 2D game in which you play a commando with a rifle that gets power ups as you progress during the game. One shot or hit from any enemy instantly kills you. The game is fun because your gun shoots very fast and you can get power ups that make your machine gun even more harmful to the enemy.
2. Super Mario Brothers (1987): In this one or two player game the characters are Mario and Luigi and you must beat King Koopa and save the Princess in this wonderland. You can get mushrooms that make you bigger and that make you shoot fireballs. There are green pipes that you can enter that will let you skip ahead to the next stage. This video game is the most popular game in the history of the NES. This was the first game system that I ever had. My brother and I would play Super Mario Brothers for hours at a time.
3. The Legend of Zelda (1987): In Zelda, you possess a sword and laser shots that help you navigate this action role playing video game. Gold coins would give you points. You must make it through nine maze looking dungeons to conquer the game. Maps, keys, golden coins and other clues await you in this awesome role playing game.
4. Double Dragon 2: The Revenge (1990): In the sequel, you must avenge the death of Marian who was shot and killed. Punches, elbows, knees and kicks are your fighting techniques along with bats, knives and barrels.
5. Metroid (1988): This game takes place on a faraway planet in space and your character only possesses a gun. As you progress your weaponry and health increase. The levels are basic side scrolling skids but it's still very entertaining. It has had sequels but nothing tops the original. The game isn't hard but it's still constant fun nonetheless trying to get to the end to beat Mother Brain.
6. Gunsmoke (1989): Your character is bounty hunter Billy Bob who has to track down wild west outlaws. This is a scrolling shooter game in which you have a six shooter and a rifle. During the game their is also a showdown with one on one action between Billy bob and the fastest gun in the west.
7. Mega Man 2 (1990): Megaman must fight eight robot bosses throughout eight levels in order to get to fight evil Dr. Wily. This game features new music, newer levels and improved graphics over it's predecessor.
8. Ninja Gaiden (1991): This side scrolling action fighting game has twenty levels of fighting. As a Ninja you have a sword, throwing stars and karate skills and dynamic jumping skills. Each level has a boss at the end.
9. Renegade (1988): You can play single or multi-player in this beat 'em up game that is similar to Double Dragon. You play as a night vigilante trying to save his kidnapped girlfriend by defeating gangsters in alleys, harbors, bars and everywhere in between.
10. Tecmo Bowl (1989): You play as either the Wildcats or the Bulldogs in this football game. It was the first game to allow backs to break tackles. It has all the NFL teams and rosters and for the time it was an instant hit.
* I would love to hear what your favorite NES video game is. Please leave your comments in the capsule located at the bottom of this blog.
Double Dragon 2
Nintendo Entertainmemt System
Location of Nintendo
Which is your Favorite?
Which is your Favorite Nintendo Game?
Which one has it?
view quiz statistics
Video Game System Ranking
Video Game Links
- Best Nintendo Gamecube Games of All Time
This article is about the Nintendo Gamecube and it's best video games. star Fox, Resident Evil, Crazy Taxi and Mario Party 4 are featured in this classic video game hub. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls, a quiz and commentary are documented her
- Best Computer Video Games of All Time
This article is about the best computer video Games ever. Phantasmagoria, The Sims, Resident Evil and World of WarCraft are listed in this classic computer games hub. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls, a quiz and commentary.
- Best Sega CD Games of All Time
This article is about the Sega CD video game console and it's games. Night Trap, Sonic CD, mortal KOMBAT CD and NBA Jam are listed in this classic video game hub. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls, a quiz and commentary are featured here.
- Best Sega Genesis Games of All Time
This article focuses on the Sega Genesis and the video games for the system. Sonic the Hedgehog, Toejam and Earl and Mortal Kombat are featured in this hub. You tube videos, pictures, polls, a quiz and commentary are all listed in this classic video
- Best Atari Jaguar Games of All Time
This article is about the Atari Jaguar 64 bit video game system and it's games. Atari Karts, Club Drive, Hover Strike and Iron Soldier are all documented here. Pictures, you tube videos, polls, maps, a quiz and commentary are featured in this nostalg
- Best Atari Games of All Time
This article is about the Atari 2600 and 7800 and the games for the consoles. Frogger, pole Position, Pitfall and Donkey Kong are all documented in this look at the classic video game system that started it all. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls
20 Classic NES Games
The Nintendo Entertainment System was an 8 bit console that came packed with two games on one cartridge. Super Mario Brothers and Duck Hunt. It also came with two controllers and a gun which was used for Duck Hunt and many other games. Over time Nintendo produced a smaller and more compact version of their Nintendo Entertainment System that came with just two controllers and Super Mario Brothers 3. Nintendo produced over 800 titles for the NES and some were made by Nintendo and others were made by outside companies. Some of the games for Nintendo were also on other consoles while others were exclusives made just for Nintendo.
Clips From The Legend of Zelda
Top Ten Nintendo Games
© 2012 Buster Johnson