Best Playstation 2 Games of All Time
Great Playstation 2 Titles
Classic PlayStation 2 Video Games
1. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (2002): In this game, your character does jobs of the illegal sort, for Florida Gangsters or the Mafia. You can also steal cars and rob people on the street. This game has made nine games so far. You rob people or do crimes for gangsters to get money which allows your character to dress nice and buy lots of weapons including machine guns, blow torches and shot guns. This is the first in the series that I bought and I have bought every game in the series every since. You can paint your car different colors to evade the law and even jump huge ramps to evade capture.
2. Hitman: Contracts (2004): You play as Agent 47 and your a killer for hire. This game has several sequels and a few movies as well. In this game, your ways of eliminating problems are: strangulation, food poisoning and even tossing your enemy over a balcony. You can also kick, punch, and throw the enemy not to mention a wide array of weapons made for eliminating enemies. This game is simply addicting especially when sneaking up on another person.
3. Killzone (2004): This is a first person shooter game set in a science fiction themed outer space world with two distant planets. Your squad must make peace and destroy the Helghast people, who are part human, part alien. The weapons and explosions are big and dangerous. Be careful because, the Aliens have firepower superior to yours, so timing your moves and conserving firepower mean a bunch in this game of kill or be killed. Any fan of science fiction, space games will certainly enjoy this title that I found addictive.
4. Manhunt (2003): This is a horror video game shot in the third person point of view. The game has twenty levels to complete, and you must kill people who are out to kill you. The weaponry includes: bats, plastic bags, knives, crowbars and any thing you can use to find to survive. You are constantly being filmed and tracked by the criminal mastermind which keeps the intense to say the least. The game is a cross between the Saw and Purge films except you are just as equipped and experienced at harming folks as your foes are.
5. Red Dead Revolver (2004): This western shooter is set in the third person point of view. In this game, your character has one on one showdowns. The Quickdraw competitions are fun and the cut scenes are fast paced. The sound is wicked because, the towns grow quiet and you can hear the wind or your outlaw adversary approaching. Certain cowboys draw faster than others so be as quick as possible and do not forget to reload and even hide when it is the wise thing to do.
6. Mortal Kombat: Deception (2004): This game features new levels and new characters, and also, two finishing moves per character. New moves such as, setting death traps and in this game you can play a puzzle or chess in a Mortal Kombat environment. Instead, of just tournament mode, you can play through levels which is a nice change and it is easily my favorite of the series. Any fan of MK will love having more kill moves and battling through multiple stages and as usual the game is full of blood and gore.
7. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (2003): In this third person game, you can zoom in to first person when shooting and your goal in this tactical military game, is to save the President of the United States. Weapons range from machine guns, pistols, knives, grenades and rocket launchers. The plot and ease of play make this video game top flight even by today's standards. An evil force of terror agents are out to get the leader of the U.S. and it is your job to pull out all the stops to put an end to this crime.
8. Resident Evil: Outbreak (2003): This one player horror game, has a bunch of sequels and hit films made after it. You must kill zombies, spiders, bats and all kinds of evil manifestations in order to conquer the game. It has gruesome cut scenes and to win the game, your character must find the clues, maps, keys and huge monsters await you in surprising places. The graphics and jump scares in this particular horror game is even better than previous releases.
9. Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain (2004): This one player military game is made by Sony exclusively, for the PlayStation and features tactical war as well as, on ground raids. This game has six titles so far, and features great music and fast, fluid game play. This is the first game that I played back and forth with my brother and we truly enjoyed it. Sneaking and using your brain power is just as impportant as using the military gear that you have.
10. Silent Hill 4: The Room (2004): This game is a one player hack and slasher that has made sequels and films. The monsters, the music, the gore, the story line and the fear in this game all add up to a scary good time. Similar in many ways to Resident Evil but still scary and frightfully fun. I love the plot and having to find clues, maps and keys along with weaponry in order to conquer the game.
Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain
What is Your Favorite?
Which is your Favorite Game System?
10 Fun PlayStation 2 Video Games
Playstation 2 Review
Playstation 2 Had Competition
The PlayStation 2 had competition that was stiff from newcomer Xbox. The original PlayStation, did not have to contend with Microsoft, and they crushed Nintendo with ease. The Xbox and the PlayStation 2 stayed neck and neck on games, graphics, sound and game play. Till this day, the two consoles continue to battle. The PlayStation 3 vs. Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One.
Who Makes It?
view quiz statistics
© 2012 Buster Johnson