- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games»
- Online Video Games»
- Multiplayer Online Games
Best Role Playing Video Games of All Time
Classic Role Playing Games
The following list is composed of the best role playing video games ever made. Although, hundreds of role playing games have been produced, the ten below stand out for many reasons mainly, the great game play.
1. The Legend of Zelda (1986): This game was made exclusively for the Nintendo and has made several sequels. In order to save the Princess you must collect the eight tri-forces. Link is armed with a shooting sword and must fight through mazes, dungeons and all kinds of puzzles in order to conquer this fantasy world. Keys, maps and other items help Link maneuver through the game. I do not know any one who did not love this game. This was a great game and now it has become a classic.
2. The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion (2006): This game is played in an amazing open world environment action one player game. It was produced for PC, X-box 360 and the PS3. The coolest part of this game is that it is the Grand Theft Auto of RPG's, so to speak. I say that because before, during and after missions your character can slay dragons and explore the crazy open world.
3. Phantasy Star (1987): In this game made for the Sega Master system you play as a wizard and a warrior. The game has dragons, flying creatures and a great storyline that flows with the game play. In order to succeed, you must defeat the Dark Force by traveling back in forth to four different planets so just know you must be ready for anything. The graphics are average but it's actually very hard to conquer and it's addicting.
4. Dark Souls (2011): This game has many sequels and features magic, sorcerers, swords and bon fires for resting points and to save the game. This game has great story line cut scenes and player interaction in the dungeons. You play as one of the un-dead but, do not get cocky because your in the Dragon's Lair. An underrated game to say the leas.
5. Final Fantasy 7 (1998): This one player RPG was made for the Playstation and also for Windows. The game has a 3D map that allows you to travel from spot to spot. When you fight your enemies you can summon dead souls or perform other magic in order to conquer the land and rescue souls along the way. The best in the series, in my opinion.
6. World of Warcraft (2004): In this one player game your character can choose between first or third person point of view and in order to solve the game you must find clues, keys and maps all the while fighting evil spirits and other monsters. It seems a bit cliche but this game keeps bringing enemies at just the right point in time and it is able to keep you constantly guessing what is next.
7. Soul Blazer (1992): This one player action game was made just for the Super Nintendo and your an Angel sent to rescue souls and destroy the monsters of the world. As you destroy demons and free souls the town becomes normal again, which allows you to communicate with towns people and solve the puzzles of the lair.
8. Fable 2 (2008): This action RPG was released specifically for the Xbox 360 and you have cut scenes that you watch and cut scenes that you actually play. The game is played primarily in or around the enemies castle. This game has online play as well and the graphics are amazing to say the least. It caters to teenagers, but adults seem to like the game as well.
9. Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link (1987): This is the sequel to Zelda and it was also made only for the Nintendo. This game is far different than part one because Link is bigger and so is the map. Combat is one on one and you now possess magic spells which Link uses to kill or subdue his enemies. Link still fights with his sword and his mind more than anything else though. I used to play Zelda 2 after school with my friends. I did not think it was as fun as the first one in the series.
10. Earthbound (1994): This game was made for the Super Nintendo and the Game Boy Advance. The game has a very odd plot that was somewhat unimportant to the game itself. The play in this game is similar to Zelda and the use of swords, arrows, magic and trickery are used to win. The levels, enemies and bosses get more difficult as you advance through the game. It is worth every minute of it.
Links To The Video Game Universe!
- Best Handheld Video Games of all Time
This article documents games for multiple hand held consoles including the Gameboy, Game Gear and the PSP. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube video clips and commentary are also featured in this hub along with other information and facts
- Best Nintendo Gamecube Games of All Time
This article is about the Nintendo Gamecube and it's best video games. star Fox, Resident Evil, Crazy Taxi and Mario Party 4 are featured in this classic video game hub. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls, a quiz and commentary are documented her
- Video Games and Boxing: A Look Back
This article is about boxing video games through the years including Fight Night Champion, Ring Kings, Greatest Heavyweights and Mike Tyson's Punch Out are documented in this hub. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube videos and commentary are listed in th
- Best Neo Geo Games of All Time
This article is about the NEO GEO Video game console and it's best games. Art of Fighting, Soccer Brawl, World Heroes and Metal Slug are featured in this classic video game hub. Pictures, maps, you tube videos, polls, a quiz and commentary are listed
- Video Games Based On Films
This article is about video games that are based on movies. Die Hard, Prison Break, Cliff Hanger and Batman are documented in this hub. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube videos and commentary are listed in this blog as well.
- Best Playstation 2 Games of All Time
This article documents the Playstation 2 and it's top games. Grand Theft Auto, resident Evil, Madden Football,, Syphon Filter and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater are featured in this classic video game hub. Pictures, polls, you tube videos and commentary are
Zelda For Life!
The Legend of Zelda came out for Nintendo followed by Zelda 2 : The Adventures of Link. They are still produced by Nintendo on their other systems. It's the ultimate role playing slash action, adventure video game. Both games have clues, maps and keys to collect in order to advance through the mysterious worlds. The Legend of Zelda was the first role playing game that I ever played.
Have You Played It?
Have You Ever Played The Legend of Zelda?
Video Game Ranking
The Legend of Zelda
© 2012 Buster Johnson