Best Racing Video Games Of All Time
Classic Racing Games
The Fast And The Fun
1. Cruisin' USA (1994): This game was released at the Arcades and on the Nintendo 64. In this game you can change the music on the radio and the game features many bonuses and your able to unlock additional cars. Their are 14 courses to race on in this game that features police cars and school buses for racing. The wrecks are realistic looking but they slow you down on the track.
2. Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (2002): This racing game was released on the X-Box, PS2 and the Game Cube. This game is about escaping the law and outrageous tracks and ramps to jump with your car. This game has beautiful lands to speed on such as Hawaii and the Mediterranean.
3. Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (2001): This game was made exclusively for the Playstation 2 and over 180 cars are featured in this racing game. This game has many unique tracks with 3D rendered graphics and unique cars such as the Porsche and the Lamborghini Diablo.
4. Pole Position (1982): This game was released at the Arcades and several years later on the Atari 2600 and it is the first ever racing video game produced. In this Formula One type game your car must win the qualifying race to advance to the Championships. A classic for the time and it's still fun to play today. Eventually a Pole Position sequel was released but nothing beats the first one. This is the first racing game I ever played and it was at the arcade. You steered with a steering wheel and you got to select automatic or manuel.
5. Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition (2005): This is a one or two player game that was made for the PS2 and the X-Box. This game has races just like Pole Position but, it also has the illegal midnight races. In these races the checkpoints are near police stations, malls and everywhere else you can think of in the city.
6. Rad Racer (1987): This one player racing game was exclusively on the Nintendo and it comes packaged with 3D glasses. You could select 3D and play through amazing courses. The idea is to win eight races by getting past checkpoints in the allotted time.
7. Out Run (1986): This game was made for the Arcades and for the Sega home console. You control a Ferrari Testarossa and drive in a third person perspective in your races. The game allows you to choose a genre of music for your car and featured foreign objects like windmills, stop signs and rock formations falling.
8. Forza Motorsport (2005): This game was produced for play on the X-Box gaming system and featured over two hundred thirty total cars. You can customize your vehicle as you progress through the races. The game has real races from around the globe including a nine hundred mile race. The music and graphics are superb.
9. Burnout 3 Takedown (2004): This game features a fantastic soundtrack with almost fifty songs and this game was distributed on the PS2 and the X-Box. This racing game has crashes and bombs that make your track all the more difficult.
10. Juiced 2 (2007): Besides backstreet illegal street racing the player can actually create your own character. The tracks in this game are from everywhere including: Rome, London, Paris and Tokyo, not to mention many American race tracks.
* Let me know what your favorite racing game is by sharing your thoughts in the comments capsule located at the bottom of this page.
Who Made It?
view quiz statistics
Cruisin USA on The Arcade
Video Game Ranking
Video Game Links
- Best Handheld Video Games of all Time
This article documents games for multiple hand held consoles including the Gameboy, Game Gear and the PSP. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube video clips and commentary are also featured in this hub along with other information and facts
- Best Turbo Graphics 16 Games of All Time
This article documents the 90s Classic Video Game console called the Turbo Graphics16, named so because of it's 16 bits of power. Pictures, you tube videos with reviews, polls, maps, a quiz and commentary are all featured in this hub.
- Best Atari Jaguar Games of All Time
This article is about the Atari Jaguar 64 bit video game system and it's games. Atari Karts, Club Drive, Hover Strike and Iron Soldier are all documented here. Pictures, you tube videos, polls, maps, a quiz and commentary are featured in this nostalg
- Best Playstation 3 Games of All Time
This article is about the top Playstation 3 video games ever made. FightNight Champion, Madden Football, Grand Theft Auto 4,
- Best Sega Genesis Games of All Time
This article focuses on the Sega Genesis and the video games for the system. Sonic the Hedgehog, Toejam and Earl and Mortal Kombat are featured in this hub. You tube videos, pictures, polls, a quiz and commentary are all listed in this classic video
- Best Atari Games of All Time
This article is about the Atari 2600 and 7800 and the games for the consoles. Frogger, pole Position, Pitfall and Donkey Kong are all documented in this look at the classic video game system that started it all. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls
Daytona USA on The Sega Saturn
Have You Ever Played It?
Have You Ever Played Pole Position?
Rad Racer on the Nintendo
Rad Racer Was Rad!
Rad Racer was the best game since Pole Position. This one player video game has eight levels to race through and the game gets gradually harder as the game progresses. This game comes packed with 3D glasses which make the background scenes look 3d. Also, the car choices to race with are the Ferrari 328 or the F-1 Racer.
The background scenery is weak on this game but the fun factor, which is what matters most, is a 9 out of 10.
© 2012 Buster Johnson