Best Science Fiction Video Games of All Time
Out of This World Games!
Which is The Best?
Which is your favorite science fiction game?
Ten Great Sci-Fi Games
1. Halo 3 (2007): This first person shooter was released exclusively for the Xbox 360. The game is set on foot and features brutal weaponry and intense combat from start to finish. The game has campaign and story modes and the graphics are superior to the first two since it uses a graphic engine called high dynamic range. The cut scenes load fast and flow perfectly with the gameplay. This game series was very popular. A lot of people bought The Xbox 360 just to be able to play The Halo franchise which is exclusive to the console.
2. Alien Trilogy (1996): This Sci-Fi game was released for the Sega Saturn and the Playstation. It is a first person shooter based on the three alien films. The game has twelve full levels and several cut scenes from the three films after the end of each stage. Each level has a boss to beat in order to advance to the next level. It is a one player game and it has save points throughout so you do not have to constantly repeat the same action. It follows the movie franchise very closely with a few added twists for the game itself. A very entertaining game especially if your a fan of the Alien film franchise.
3. Duke Nukem Advance (2002): This Duke Nukem installment was produced for the Game Boy Advance and it was a one person, first person shooter like the others in the series. The game takes place in Egypt and it focuses on killing aliens and saving earth. If you like Duke Nukem or even Doom then your sure to like this updated version of Duke with a realistic story mode. Very good graphics considering it was on a hand held gaming system.
4. Phantasy Star 2 (1989): This role playing science fiction game was made for the Sega Genesis. The game is played in a top down type of perspective unlike its two previous games. This game has fast paced cut scenes and the plot is well thought out. The game has eight characters that you play with and each has his own special move. The weapons get better as you progress and so do your skills. Beware, because the weapons of your enemies will get better as you go along as well.
5. Half-Life 2 (2005): This game was produced for the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3. It was a one player, first person shooter is set in a fake city in Europe. The game takes place on Earth but it is run by an alien organization called the Combine. One of the best weapons in the video game is the gravity gun which allows you to toss items or pull things you need or want towards your character.
6. E.T. (1982): This game was produced for the Atari 2600 and was loosely based on the film of the same name. You play as E.T. from a top down playing view and you must navigate through three levels and collect telephone parts. You also eat Reese's Pieces to restore your life force or energy.
7. Mega Man 5 (1992): Originally this game was made for the Nintendo before later being ported to the Playstation. This side scrolling action game features your character jumping and shooting enemies in order to get to the evil Dr. Wily and beat him once and for all.
8. Predator 2 (1991): This game is based on the movie with the same title and features seven levels of intense shoot 'em up game play. It was put out for the Sega Genesis and the cut scenes are directly from the film. It's a third person point of view game that features drug dealers, criminals and of course, you must fight the deadly Predator.
9. Star Fox Adventures (2002): This one player game was made for the Nintendo GameCube and it is the third in the series. The game takes place on a far away planet inhabited by dinosaurs. In this game you battle on foot the majority of time although you still fly your jet a few times during play.
10. Metroid (1986): This game was produced for the original Nintendo and it has had several sequels over the years. It is an outer space game in which you shoot space pirates to save the Metroid species. In the end, you must destroy Mother Brain which is a huge brain in a big glass casing that fires electric shock waves at you.
Half-Life 2 on Amazon
view quiz statistics
E.T. Video Game Review
Video Game Rankings
Video Game World
- Pictorial History of Video Game Consoles
This article documents all the video game consoles that have been made from Atari to the Playstation 4. Pictures, videos,commentary and a poll are featured in this gaming hub.
- Best Panasonic 3DO Video Games of All Time
This article is about the Classic video Game System made in the early 90s, the Panasonic 3DO. There were many good games for the system even though it's success was short lived. Golf and NBA Championship Basketball roundvout there tip games. Pictures
- Best World War 1 Video Games of All Time
This video game article documents the top World War 1 games ever made. Pictures, videos and commentary are listed in this hub along with reviews of top games such as: Red Baron and Wings of War.
- Best Nintendo Games of All Time
This article is about the top Nintendo video games ever. Super Mario Brothers, Zelda, Contra and Mike Tyson's Punch Out are featured in this classic video game hub. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls, a quiz and commentary are listed here. Super
- Best Sega Genesis Games of All Time
This article focuses on the Sega Genesis and the video games for the system. Sonic the Hedgehog, Toejam and Earl and Mortal Kombat are featured in this hub. You tube videos, pictures, polls, a quiz and commentary are all listed in this classic video
- Best Xbox Video Games of All Time
This article is about the best Xbox Video Games ever made. Medal Of Honor, Madden Football, Call of Duty and WWE Wrestling are documented in this classic video games Hub. Pictures, you tube videos, polls, a quiz and commentary are listed in this hub
- Best Handheld Video Games of All Time
This article documents games for multiple hand held consoles including the Game boy, Game Gear and the PSP. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube video clips and commentary are also featured in this hub along with other information and facts
METROID Video Game Review
Alien Game Reviews
© 2013 Buster Johnson