Best Sega CD Games of All Time
Classic SEGA CD Games
Great Sega CD Games
1. Night Trap (1992): The game features full motion video and the character must trap the vampires before they grab the innocent people inside the house. The gamer controls 8 hidden cameras in an effort to catch the vampires. This was one of the games that inspired the ratings system and this game was re-released as rated M because of the graphic content. It was actually scary for its time.
2. Cliffhanger (1993): This game is based on the film of the same exact name and features full motion video clips throughout. In this game you have guns, knives and fighting techniques. Also, snow boarding, skiing and riding in an airplane are just a few of the routes in this game. Lots of action but be careful cause your guy dies from one hit. A very intense game to say the least.
3. Mad Dog McCree (1993): In this game the six shooter is the weapon of choice and showdowns with villains is the name of the game in this classic western best outlaw video game. Their are many fast draw one on one confrontations and great cut scenes during this western video game. My only complaint is that the game is far too easy to beat all the way through.
4. Sonic CD (1993): Sonic is back with improved sound and graphics as well as amazing new levels with more new twists and turns. Every level has past and future portals and each scene has fast paced unique music and effects. This game has Sonic doing odd things when you leave him standing and he also goes much faster around loops than he did on the Sega Genesis. This is my all time favorite Sonic game because the sound and music is top notch.
5. Mortal Kombat CD (1994): You have seven characters to choose from in these one on one battles. Every fighter has his own special finishing move in which you may decapitate a head or tear a body from the torso. It features all the characters from Mortal Kombat except the graphics and sound are greatly improved to say the least. My personal favorite of all the MK games that have been made.
6. Prizefighter (1995): This game is incredibly a boxing gem because it shows full motion video the entire game from a first person perspective from the locker room to the corner and the opponent. The way to the top is full of crooks and tough fighters as you will see. Rated M because it shows the shady side of the sport as well as first person view of you against your opponent.
7. Sewer Shark (1992): A first person shooter game that uses full motion video during game play and during interactive scenes. You must make it through the sewer in your ship without losing all your energy in order to make it to solar city. This CD-ROM game came packed with the Sega CD. Shoot sewer monsters and steer your ship all the way to freedom.
8. Corpse Killer (1994): You move through the jungle killing zombies in a full motion video game that features guns, power ups and killer zombies that bite. Your character has and obtains many weapons including guns, knives and bombs. The game is intense, bloody and has lots of action and horror scenes.
9. Double Switch (1993): This game is similar to night trap except you trap mobsters instead of vampires. Full motion video is used and hidden cameras are installed all throughout the mansion, Edward Arms. The late actor Corey Haim is actually the main character in this video game.
10. Ecco the Dolphin (1993): You play as Ecco the bottle nose Dolphin who must fight in the ocean and on an alien space craft to save the earths waters. You use your tail and you send out echo sounds to determine where to go in the ocean waters. Any fan of ocean life will find this game fascinating.
* If you have ever owned a Sega CD I would love to hear what your favorite game is and why. I had the second system they made not the original. You can leave your comments in the box located at the bottom of this hub.
Ecco The Dolphin
Which is your Favorite?
Which is your Favorite Sega CD Video Game of All Time?
view quiz statistics
Video Game Links
- Best Nintendo 64 Games of All Time
This article is about the best Nintendo 64 video games ever. Donkey Kong Kountry, wrestlemania, Mario Brothers and Medal of Honor are featured in this classic video games hub. You tube videos, pictures, polls, a quiz and commentary are also in this b
- Best Panasonic 3DO Video Games of All Time
This article is about the Classic video Game System made in the early 90s, the Panasonic 3DO. There were many good games for the system even though it's success was short lived. Golf and NBA Championship Basketball roundvout there tip games. Pictures
- Best Nintendo Games of All Time
This article is about the top Nintendo video games ever. Super Mario Brothers, Zelda, Contra and Mike Tyson's Punch Out are featured in this classic video game hub. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls, a quiz and commentary are listed here.
- Best Sega Genesis Games of All Time
This article focuses on the Sega Genesis and the video games for the system. Sonic the Hedgehog, Toejam and Earl and Mortal Kombat are featured in this hub. You tube videos, pictures, polls, a quiz and commentary are all listed in this classic video
- Best Atari Jaguar Games of All Time
This article is about the Atari Jaguar 64 bit video game system and it's games. Atari Karts, Club Drive, Hover Strike and Iron Soldier are all documented here. Pictures, you tube videos, polls, maps, a quiz and commentary are featured in this nostalg
- Best Atari Games of All Time
This article is about the Atari 2600 and 7800 and the games for the consoles. Frogger, pole Position, Pitfall and Donkey Kong are all documented in this look at the classic video game system that started it all. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls
Night Trap and Mortal Kombat helped the rating of video games go into effect. The system has rated E for everyone, rate T for teenagers and of course rated M for mature which is the same as an R rated film.
Night Trap Ending and Alternate Ending
© 2012 Buster Johnson