Best Turbo Graphics 16 Games of All Time
16 Bit TG Games
Classic Turbo Graphics Video Games
This console was short lived but, explosive. They did not produce enough games but, the ones that were made were so entertaining to play.
1. Splatterhouse 1990: This is a single player beat 'em up horror arcade game that was adapted for home consoles. This game had blood and graphic killing scenes during the game. You play as Jason and this is the type of character and you wear a mask but, you are stuck in a mansion full of monsters and ghouls. Use bats, axes, knives and a chainsaw among other weapons to destroy the enemy. It's the first truly scary, horror game for the TG-16 and it has got blood, guts and gruesome kills.
2. Champions Forever Boxing 1991: In this boxing game, it focuses on five great boxing champions. You can play as a real boxer, fictional boxer or you can build a character and box to the Championship. As a player, you could circle the ring in this game and it actually had a great arsenal of punches to use against your opponent. Muhammad Ali, George Foreman and Joe Frazier were among the prizefighters in this game. If you are a boxing fan like I am, you will really enjoy this game.
3. Alien Crush 1989: This is a one player pinball game in which you play pinball in a science fiction mode. The game has two music tracks and two levels of game play. Your ball can unlock bonuses and destroy Aliens in this game. The lights and blinking are irritating to a degree but it is an addicting game nonetheless. The better you get and the further you progress the faster the ball will go so be prepared.
4. Fantasy Zone 1989: This is a scrolling shooter game in which the player flies a space craft and has to shoot Aliens who attack from multiple planets. You can collect multiple weapons for use such as missiles and larger artillery. The sound effects in this game are dorky but, the musical soundtrack flows well with the game play. Music can make or break how you feel about the game. It can add a lot to a game or it can take a lot away from a game and be distracting as well.
5. Legendary Axe 1989: You play as an ax wielding barbarian who must battle past six levels of disaster to win the game. You must beat spiders, frogs, bears and giant lizards during your quest. It is very similar to Golden Axe, with improved graphics but, very similar game play. Of course, you will encounter a sword or an ax wielding giants and skilled warriors who will surround you and out number you many times.
6. Night Creatures 1992: Night Creatures is a first person shooter game in which your character must shoot and kill zombies and other creatures of the night. This game has many clues and puzzles to solve along the way, not to mention, weapons for use in fighting the night freaks.
7. Pac-Land 1990: Unlike other Pacman games you have the ability to jump in this version. You must attempt to get the Fairy back to Fairyland and then return home. Easier said than done with ghosts at your every turn. In my opinion, I prefer the original Pacman but this one has its moments for sure.
8. Bloody Wolf 1990: In this run, and gun fighting game, your character is a secret commando who must defeat an entire military. No worries, since your equipped with military gear yourself. Most missions are on the ground but, some are in the air and in one mission you are in a tank.
9. Talespin 1991: In this game based on the cartoon show on television, your character flies in a mini plane and shoots at the oncoming enemies. This one player game also features a bonus level at the end. I remember watching this cartoon as a child, and loving it. I never had the chance to play this game but, I would think that it would be fun.
10. Psychosis 1990: This one player game is a side Scrolling shooter and you control a ship. This game actually has a great intense story line and consists of five stages. The only issueon this video game is that it's too simple to beat especially if you take your time and concentrate.
* If you have ever played the Turbo Graphics-16 please let me know which game is your favorite and why by leaving comments in the capsule located at the bottom of this article.
Talespin: The Video Game
Video Game Links
- Best Handheld Video Games of all Time
This article documents games for multiple hand held consoles including the Gameboy, Game Gear and the PSP. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube video clips and commentary are also featured in this hub.
- Best Atari Jaguar Games of All Time
This article is about the Atari Jaguar 64 bit video game system and it's games. Atari Karts, Club Drive, Hover Strike and Iron Soldier are all documented here. Pictures, you tube videos, polls, maps, a quiz and commentary are featured in this nostalg
- Best Sega Dreamcast Games of All Time
This article is about the best Dreamcast games ever. Incoming, Conflict Zone, Vitua Cop 2, Zombies Revenge and Soul Fighter are documented in this classic games hub. You tube videos, pictures, polls, a quiz and commentary are listed here.
- Best Sega Genesis Games of All Time
This article focuses on the Sega Genesis and the video games for the system. Sonic the Hedgehog, Toejam and Earl and Mortal Kombat are featured in this hub. You tube videos, pictures, polls, a quiz and commentary are all listed in this classic video
- Best Neo Geo Games of All Time
This article is about the NEO GEO Video game console and it's best games. Art of Fighting, Soccer Brawl, World Heroes and Metal Slug are featured in this classic video game hub. Pictures, maps, you tube videos, polls, a quiz and commentary are listed
- Best Nintendo Gamecube Games of All Time
This article is about the Nintendo Gamecube and it's best video games. star Fox, Resident Evil, Crazy Taxi and Mario Party 4 are featured in this classic video game hub. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls, a quiz and commentary are documented her
Have you ever Played the Turbo Graphics 16?
A Look At The Turbo Graphics 16
Turbo Failure 16?
The TG-16 was not a complete failure but it did not last because Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis took over the 16 bit console war. The graphics and gameplay was up to par but unfortunately they had a slim selection of video games to choose from.
Who Makes It?
view quiz statistics
Turbo Graphics 16 Review
© 2012 Buster Johnson