- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
Best World War 2 Video Games of All Time
War is At Hand!
Which is The Best?
Which is the best WW2 Video Game?
WW2 Video Games
Ten WW2 Gaming Classics
This hub features ten great WW2 video games but, there are over 50 World War 2 titles and it was very hard to compose this list. There were three or four games that were hard to leave behind. Having said that this list was narrowed down to games that are realistic, have great game play, graphics and sound.
1. Call of Duty (2003) This first person shooter video game is based on the infantry during World War 2. Besides American, the war is also seen from the eyes of our Allies in England and Russia. Most of the game features your character and 4 to 10 soldiers helping you on any given mission. A few missions you will have to make it all alone but, with your weaponry it should be no problem. This game is for the Xbox and the PS ad it was very popular upon its release.
2. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (2002) This first person shooter was made exclusively for the Mac and Microsoft Windows. Your player is a U.S. Army Ranger who must infiltrate enemy lines in Germany during WW2. The game featured several expansion packs but as it is this game allows you to face D-Day and fight enemies in Norway, France and Algiers with military weapons at your disposal. In the end you must feat Hitler and the Nazi regime to save the world. Easily the best World War II video game ever made for a personal computer.
3. Wolfenstein 3D: (1992) This game was on about 14 (fourteen) platforms I believe but anyhow, On the PC this game was amazing. with legendary first person warfare with German attackers in WWII. This game has ten levels of game play and in the end Adolf Hitler comes out with 6 (six) barrels to shoot at you so be prepared. The fast pace of this game is second to none as far as war games are concerned. There is no certain pattern to defeating Hitler. When he comes out, his character fights differently each time.
4. Company of Heroes: (2006) This game is on the Microsoft Windows and Mac OSX. This real time strategy game has maps and other pinpoint direction s you must follow in order to succeed. This military game features tactics for fuel, ammo and manpower. This game focuses on airborne tactics as well as infantry division skills. This is a real time strategy video game. This game is not long enough and it is very easy to conquer but, it is still not a bad game.
5. Commandos 3: Destination Berlin (2003) This is the first commando game to use true 3D Graphics and it was released on the Mac and for Microsoft Windows. Although this point and click game tactical game has maps and weapons, it also has fast paced gun fights and battle scene cut scenes for hours on end. This game is good enough where it should be ported to the X Box and Playstation consoles.
6. Brothers in Arms: D- Day (2006) This game was exclusively for the Sony Play Station Portable and it focused on the Normandy mission during WW2. Using intelligent moves are vital in winning this war and this game. This game has many actual missions from the war especially airborne missions. Missiles of different size and power are used during air fights. You fight on the ground, in the air and on water during your battles against the enemy, many of which are very bloody.
7. Sniper Elite: (2005) This tactical WW 2 Shooter is a one or two player game that was produced for the PS2, Xbox and the Wii. This is a third person game that allows you to kill enemies in deadly fashion. This game shows the bullets piercing through actual skull and bone. Also, up close and personal combat occurs a few times during campaign mode. This game has had several sequels on multiple gaming platforms.
8. Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (2003) This game has 6 (six) levels in campaign mode and it is down in Hitler's bunker that you will go. Many vehicles are used in this game for using including a jeep, train, truck, tank and on the ground infantry, of course. This game is number three in the series and everyone of them focus on WW2 particular in Germany and Japan. The graphics are far better, on this game than it's predecessor and this game features far more enemies that you have to deal with as well.
9. Battlefield 1942: (2002) This one person first person shooter describes the horrors of WW2 in full detail. Combat in this game is in many areas of the world including Italy, Africa and Germany. This game has high tech weapons of war, great graphics and sound and the game play is simply fantastic in the air, water and on land.
10. Call of Duty: World at War (2008) This game was published for the Xbox 360, PS3 and the Wii. This game is more risque than it's previous titles and it has many brutal weapons for use against the enemy including: Grenades, Rocket launchers, Rifles and tanks. This game was very close to real life as far as missions are concerned and locations.
Video Gaming Hubs
- Best Music and Dance Video Games of All Time
Many video games feature music but these games are based on music and dancing. Pictures, videos and commentary are in this article along with facts and other information about games.
- Super Nintendo's Best Games of All Time
This article is about the top Super Nintendo video games ever made. Super Contra, Super Mario World, Mega Man x and Jurassic Park are featured in this classic video games hub. Pictures, you tube videos, polls, maps, a quiz and commentary are also men
- Best Turbo Graphics 16 Games of All Time
This article documents the 90s Classic Video Game console called the Turbo Graphics16, named so because of it's 16 bits of power. Pictures, you tube videos with reviews, polls, maps, a quiz and commentary are all featured in this hub.
- Best Panasonic 3DO Video Games of All Time
This article is about the Classic video Game System made in the early 90s, the Panasonic 3DO. There were many good games for the system even though it's success was short lived. Golf and NBA Championship Basketball roundvout there tip games. Pictures
- Prison Break: Conspiracy Theory (Video Game)
This describes the video game called Conspiracy Theory which is based on the television show called Prison Break. This review is based on the Playstation 3 version of the game. Pictures, you tube clips, maps, polls and commentary highlight this inten
- Video Games Based On Films
This article is about video games that are based on movies. Die Hard, Prison Break, Cliff Hanger and Batman are documented in this hub. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube videos and commentary are listed in this blog as well.The Thing is a horror movie
Sniper Elite Game Play
Wolfenstein 3D Review
view quiz statistics
Brothers in Arms: Furious 4 Trailer
© 2013 Buster Johnson