How to build A LEGO Set FAST!
Building LEGO's FAST!
Welcome to How To Build LEGO's FAST! In this lens I will tell you how to build and construct LEGO Sets fast. I will also add extra info on how to use the extra pieces from your LEGO Set to add some touches that will make your set better. Below I will show you all the steps to making your LEGO Set. Thanks for visiting this lens!
Note: This lens was just transferred to me from an account managed by my son Gabriel360 and I: Updates and Fixes are forthcoming, thank you for your patience.
Updated 7 March 2013
1. The first step to building your LEGO Sets is to locate a nice open area such as a table, or somewhere low to the ground. A table is good, but the round pieces could roll off. If you choose the ground, find somewhere tiled, or flat to build. DO NOT BUILD OUTSIDE! Building in grass will let you lose tons of the small studs and pieces. The wind could also blow the pieces away. After you have located your area you will begin to construct your set.
2. The next step is to get all the bags out. Any big pieces put to the side. Depending on the size of your set, the will be more bags and more big pieces that are NOT in bags. DO NOT open all bags if you have a big set. If the set is under $20 it may be OK to open all bags and put all bricks in one pile. To know for certain look at the bags. Do they have numbers? If so, then you CANNOT open all bags and put the bricks together. If not then you can open them all. Now if you have numbers on your bags, open the Bag with the Number 1. Now for the next step.
Time to build!
3. Now it's time to build! Open your instructions and do the first step. Usually, if you have Minifigures you will find that they are in Bag 1. Build your minifigs and build the "Co-Model". The Co-Model is a smaller model that usually comes with your big sets, such as the Ninjago Ship, Destiny's Bounty . Then you get ready for the finale, the BIG Model.
4. Once you're done with the Co-Model and the mini-figs, you get ready to build the Primary Model. If the instructions tell you to open Bag 2, do so. You will continue to do this until the model is completed. Now I will tell you tips to build Fast!
- Be careful with tile bricks! Tile bricks are thin bricks, that once you place, they are hard to take apart. Don't be careless when you are building with flat tiles. Check with the instructions and make sure it's correct. This will save you a lot of time!
-Measure! Studs are the unit of measurement for LEGO. Measure with studs to see the distance from this brick to that brick, etc.
-The best way to build fast, is to follow the instructions! Follow them, and you CAN'T go wrong!
-Sort pieces by size - this helps a lot for big models - Tip from Dannystaple
- The Area should be well lit - Tip from Dannystaple
- Buy a brick seperator - very useful when you need to separate all those flat tiles, and thin bricks.
- Build on a base-plate. It helps quite a bit!
If you have lost or ripped your instructions - well, you're in luck! LEGO has digital instructions for every set from 2002 to the present day. Even some older sets from the 90's are there! Just shoot me the set you have, and I'll give you your instructions! Send me the title, or product number, and I'll give you the instructions! Just send them in the comment box below.
LEGO on Amazon!
Some LEGO products from Amazon!
What would you rate this lens?
Please feel free to ask and post Comments and Questions! Thanks!