Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Survival on Resistance Guide
This video series shows you some techniques to get further in survival mode. For this gameplay, I didn't use any equipment or weapons that can be bought, and didn't use any body armour either. I reached wave 26, which is fairly fair, especially when only using guns dropped by enemies and without body armour or excessive use of air support and powerful, store bought weapons.
If you're having any trouble getting far in survival mode, check out the video below. This was done on Resistance, which is the first map unlocked for this mode, and thus the easiest, but the more you play, the better you do.
A few tips to make sure that you save up the maximum amount of money in the early waves, where making as much as you can is crucial; these are the easiest waves, and thus you shouldn't be spending any money.
- Try to make your body last as long as you can. Don't buy it again until after wave ten, when you'll really begin to need it.
- Make sure that you don't become downed and lose your self revive. They're quite expensive, and playing without it is very risky.
- Use the MP5 against the helicopters; ammo is plentiful, and you won't have to waste $2000 on a predator missile.
- Pick up the Model 1887 and keep it as your secondary - at higher levels, it will be able to one shot enemies that can survive two or three knives.
By this time, you should be feeling the challenge a little bit more.
- Use the AK-47 instead of the MP5 as soon as the enemies begin to carry it. It will tear through enemies much quicker.
- Aim for the C4 soldiers first - they can take out other enemies as well, or set off chain reactions.
- Always try to kill the dogs first, as they can down you in one or two hits.
Once you have made it to wave 20, things become very intense.
- Be careful of claymore experts - they will place traps all around the map, and can down you when running away from a fight.
- If you purchase a sentry gun, make sure that it's in an area where it can shoot without being at risk of being sneaked up on - they don't have a lot of health.
- Avoid the use of the SMGs that claymore experts drop, as they lack fire power and ammo isn't very plentiful.