- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
Dark Souls II Walkthrough, Part Fifteen: Huntsman's Copse - Undead Lockaway
Your time in the Huntsman's Copse is quickly coming to an end. You've explored most of the region, beating back its demons and plundering its riches, and the grand Skeleton Lords that rule over the region are one of the final obstacles to lay in your path. Yet there's one curious side region, something you can completely skip if you like, which is worth at least a cursory glance - assuming you have the stomach for necromancy.
The Undead Lockaway Bonfire is found on the edge of the cliff section mentioned in the previous article. If you wish you can walk right past the cave you find by the Bonfire and carry on with your quest. There's not a ton to see in here, and aside from a few items right at the beginning and a few items right at the end it's just an annoying diversion. Nevertheless, it's worth exploring for completion's sake - and we'll do just that here. Note that you will have to explore the cliffs to fully check the caves out, so you might as well get used to the path down to the Skeleton Lords before setting foot in the dark.
- There's a single skeleton warrior in the first room of this cave, and it will rush you. Take it down, then check in the room the corpse quickly for a Magic Mace and a Titanite Shard. The skeleton will continue to reform, no matter how many times you beat it down, and if you get too close to its spawning point the jars in this weird room will curse you. Joy. All skeletons in this cave exhibit the same annoying behaviour of reforming themselves after a few seconds, and you'll see why in a moment.
- Head to the rear of the room to find a passage into the next room. A skeleton along the way will give you grief; take it down. In the next large space is a skeletal archer, though be careful rolling away from it - there's a big pit to your left that's easy to miss. Behind the archer is the creature responsible for the reforming skeletons, a little necromancer that does little to defend itself. Kill it off quickly before bothering much with the skeletons.
- Explore the cavern once it's cleared of enemies. To the right of the entrance tunnel is a tunnel leading back outside, to the cliffs surrounding this area. If you have trouble with this spot, use this entrance instead to surprise the necromancer and its skeletons. There's another tunnel in the rear of this area, as well, leading deeper inside - though it ultimately leads to a closed gate.
- Head out onto the cliffs and make your way down to the far end of the area, behind the waterfall. This article covers what you'll find along the way. Near the den of the Skeleton Lords you'll find a passage that leads back into this cave system.
- Creep inside, just far enough that you can see a skeleton ahead. In the next large room you'll see two skeleton warriors, one straight ahead and the other to your left; another necromancer is to the far left, and a third skeleton sits to your right. Sweep in and draw the nearest melee skeletons out of the cave first - if they're destroyed away from the necromancer, they won't come back. Reenter, kill the skeleton(s) that remain, and wipe out the necromancer quickly. It's standing on a platform, so be careful if you have to leap over to kill the thing.
- There are two paths out of here, one on the right and one on the left. Check the right path to find a corpse carrying Combustion and three Titanite Shards. Be careful - it's right on the edge of a cliff. Reenter and take the left path.
- Assuming you didn't raise too much of a racket, you'll find a single skeleton down this passage, as well as the gate you encountered earlier. Destroy the skeleton, pop open the path to create a shortcut through this area, and check the corpse in the doing to find three Flame Butterflies.
- That's all for this little cave. You have three exits to choose from, depending on where you want to go; pick one and make your way to your next destination, which, most likely, will be back to a Bonfire so you can prepare for a fight with the Skeleton Lords.