Diablo III: The Ultimate 'Getting Started' Guide
Diablo III is the much anticipated follow up to Blizzard's amazing Diablo series. It's almost been a decade since we've last laid our hands on a new Diablo title and the hype for the 3rd release surely doesn't look to be disappointing.
With so much information floating around, there's a lot to process and understand on where you can get started with Diablo III therefore, I've gone ahead and put together the ultimate list of resources that have all the answers to your question about the game.
About Diablo 3
Diablo 3 will play upon the groundwork already built by the previous games within the series with a few much needed additions and changes to the format to bring devout fans back into the world of Diablo (and new comers).
Most importantly, we've got these to look forward to:
- A 'skill rune' feature to give you greater control over your abilities and spells
- A greater 'follower' companion feature vs. the basic classes seen in #2
- A wide range of crafting and professions to add more depth to the game
- Finally being able to respec your classes vs. hoarding skill points
- More fluid animations and battle mechanics
- An auction house
- A condense amount of classes but each having greater customization
- More monsters, bosses, weapons, equipment, and items
- PvP Arenas
- A new 'Inferno' mode that goes beyond Nightmare and Hell of the previous games
- Game achievements
There's been a lot of debate on whether D3 is really pushing the boundaries or if it's catering toward a larger audience but I think we can all agree that Blizzard is definitely paying close attention to their fans and community to make the game we've been waiting for.
Diablo 3 Requirements
As published on the official website:
Minimum System Requirements
- WINDOWSMACWindows® XP/Vista/7 (latest service packs) with DX 9.0cMac® OS X 10.6.8, 10.7.x or newer
- Intel Pentium® D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+Intel® Core 2 Duo
- NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or betterNVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 or better
- 1 GB RAM (XP), 1.5 GB (Vista/7)2 GB RAM
- 12 GB available HD space12 GB available HD space
- DVD-ROM (required for retail disc versions only)
- Broadband** Internet connectionBroadband** Internet connection
- 1024x768 minimum resolution
Recommended System Requirements
- WINDOWSMACWindows® Vista/7 (latest service packs) or Mac® OS X 10.7.x or newer
- Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz
- 2 GB RAM2 GB RAM
- NVIDIA® GeForce® 260 or ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 or better
Diablo 3 Websites & Resources
Because there's so much information about the game at this point, it's easier that I point you to some of the best websites and resources on the topic for any of your individual questions, concerns, or if you want to get an inside glimpse about the game:
D3 Walk Through (Beta Gameplay)
It may be a short while before we see a ton of videos popping up on Youtube for D3 but one thing that can hold us over, in the meantime, is this complete walk through of what went on during the Beta event that happen not too long ago:
Diablo 3 is going to be epic - to say the least.
Personally, I've been waiting years for this title. I'm a huge Diablo fan and will be picking it up launch day so you may not see me for a while haha. In the meantime, I'd say if you're any bit of a PC gamer than you need this game right as it's out.
To hold you over, check out the resources and items throughout this article but be sure to check out the real game because this is going to be the best, new game release in years.