- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Fun Party Games & Ideas
Entertaining and Practical Baby Shower Game: Messages on Diapers
Messages on Diapers
Did you know?
- The average baby will use over 5000 diapers before being potty trained
- Around 40,000,000 diapers are used DAILY in the United States
I love baby shower games. I think it’s so fun to see if the future new mom can fold a basket of baby clothes with one hand while holding a baby doll in the other, while all of her friends are checking their watches to see if she does it in the amount of time they guessed. Or there's the game where you match the celebrity with her/his child's (usually very unique) name. Another game is Name That Tune with baby-themed songs like Amy Grant's Baby, Baby or Brittany Spear's Baby One More Time or even Ice, Ice Baby :)
Most of the baby shower games I have seen over and over again, but a new one for me this year was guessing baby’s names by combining pictures. I put several examples of this in the photo below. Can you guess them? The answers are at the bottom of the article :)
Guess the Baby Names from the Pictures
Writing Messages on Diapers
And here is my new favorite "game". It is not only fun for everyone in attendance, it is extremely useful and a sweet encouragement for the parents-to-be.
Each person in attendance should be given a small stack of diapers and a sharpie. It is fun to do this around round tables so everyone can converse and share sharpie colors, but it can be done in any configuration. The goal is to personalize the diapers, and then present them to the future new mom. Ideas are limitless. People can draw pictures, create decorative borders, or write notes on each of the diapers. I think the funniest messages come from groups who are not given any examples. I am constantly amazed and the creativity of my friends and family!
This “game” can also just be done as a baby gift. It is an extremely practical gift for a second or third baby, as the parents will probably already have most of the basic necessary baby items. So if you are choosing to write messages yourself and are out of creative ideas, here are some to get you started (these came from my family members):
Unfortunately, Sharpies tend to bleed on diapers. You can either write your messages at the top of the diapers to avoid the bleeding, or write very gently in the middle of the diapers.
I read of someone who wrote her messages on index cards and just placed them between the diapers so Mom/Dad would find them. This solves the Sharpie-bleeding-problem. And it would also give the parents something to keep as a memory.
I'll probably keep writing the messages on the actual diaper, though :) It doesn't bleed too much, as you can see in the photo.
- Daddy’s turn
- Does it smell in here or is it just me?
- Hurry please! It’s cold!
- Please be gentle- I’ll be changing yours someday :)
- You’re a great mom!
- (label) Front/Back
- Maybe it’s just pee…
- Better hurry! I think I have to go again!
- What exactly are you feeding me?!?
- Wee Wee Wee all the way home
- This too shall pass
- More milk please
- Roses are red, violets are blue, will it be pee or will it be poo?
- It looks like you might need a little more sleep
- Is it naptime yet?
- Look! I can already count…#1 and #2!
- Forget potty training! This is the life!
- Oops, I did it again!
- You’re gonna need more wipes than that
- Relaxed is when you can eat and poop at the same time
- So many diapers; so little time
- Caution. Contents under pressure
- Which do you prefer? Creamy or chunky?
- If it runs it’s a deer
- Lean mean poopin’ machine
- Hazardous material
- Beans, beans, good for your heart…
- Fragile. Handle with care
- Only 4870 diapers to go
- Enter at your own risk
- Contents may settle
- Do not test with finger
- A girl’s gotta doo what a girl’s gotta doo!
- Does this diaper make my butt look big?
- This diaper is full of awesome!
- Made in America
- How about singing a song or something since I just have to lay here?
- Let it flow! Let it flow! Let it flow!
- Everybody poops
- It’s a dirty job, but someone’s gotta do it
- Change is good
Of course, you could always write sweet messages, such as:
- I’m thinking of you! Love, Kristy
or something similar that is personal and encouraging. I, for one, would be encouraged by ANY friendly message while changing a diaper!
Answers to the Baby Names in Pictures
My incredibly creative friend, Jaclyn, had a dozen of these for us to figure out at a recent baby shower. Here are the few examples from the photo above:
- Loo + See = Lucy
- Can + Dice = Candice
- Harp + ER = Harper
If you have any baby shower games that you love to play, I would love to hear about them in the comments.