- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
Fun Family Winter Activities For When You're Kept Inside
Can you think of those days when you're stuck in the house, bored to death with nothing to do, because it's too cold or miserable to be outside? I have a solution, or two, for you and your family! It's a great way to bond and have fun together!
- Play Board Games. There are many games out there to choose from anymore. You could play Scrabble, Cranium, Catch Phrase, Uno, Pictionary, or Yahtzee! Any of these board games would be a fun way to get the whole family involved and having fun!
- Build a Fire - If you have a fireplace, build a fire! It's nice to sit by and get warm. It's also the perfect way to relax and watch some tv together.
- Watch a Movie - There are so many ways to watch movies without even going to the movie store anymore. There's Netflix, Dish on Demand, Pay-Per View, movies they run on regular programming, plus whatever movies you have at your house! Pick a family favorite, pop it in and enjoy =)
- Scrapbook - Scrapbooking is a great way to hold onto memories for a long time. I keep a scrapbook myself, and save it for snowy, rainy, or cold days too! Get the whole family involved to either start one, or help with somone else's. It really is alot of fun, especially when you look back through it!
- Play Pool - With a pool table in the house, there are plenty of games to play with 2 or more people. There's straight pool, 9 ball, cut throat and more. Have fun and challenge each other!
- Rearrange the House - Really, really bored? Need a change? Why not rearrange one room in the house or all of them? It's alot of work, but with more than one person doing it, it will go by in a flash.
- Play the Wii or XBox - There are lots of games on the Wii and XBox designed at movement. Take up the challenge and make some teams. See who can win the most games. I know you're competitive and don't want to lose!
- Bake Something & Decorate It - Baking a cake and decorating it is alot of fun and can be done by anyone. Make cookies too! If it's the holiday season get the whole family involved to make it go quicker!
- Exercise Together - Exercise is important, so why not do it together? Even if you're not all on the same levels of fitness, exercising with someone else makes you want to work harder and stick with it longer. Start off the cold season with something that'll make you sweat!
- Look through old pictures - I love doing this. Looking at pictures from when I was younger. Seeing how everyone changed. Dig through everything and pull out these pictures. You'll be glad you did once you see yourself 20 years ago!
So go and beat the cold with these heart warming activities that you and you're family are sure to love!
Need More Ideas For Everyday Items or Things For The Home? Check out my other hubs!