Fun Things To Do When Bored: 30 Ways To Pass The Time When Boredom Occurs
Are You Bored?
Everyone gets bored once in a while, but many of us don't know what to do about it! That's the frustrating part, not having anything to do when boredom strikes.
But fear not!
Here is your personal list of 30 fun things to do when you're bored. Don't waste the precious moments that life gives you by doing nothing. Do something exciting! Simply view this page whenever the dreaded boredom occurs and you'll soon be preoccupied doing something fun and worthwhile!
30 Things To Do When You're Bored
- Learn a new language - Learning a new language can be useful in many different scenarios. Whether you are travelling to a new destination or if it's simply just for fun to fool your friends! Once you get started, you will not want to stop. So take those moments of boredom and transform them into a language lesson. Over time, you'll be fluent in a language just because you filled up your bored moments with something truly interesting! Find out where to learn new languages here.
- Write a movie script or book - Even if you are the most unskilled of writers, it is a fantastic idea to turn your spare time into a hobby that could even be profitable! Write a romance, comedy or thrilling movie script or book and once done, pass it onto someone to proofread and edit (if need be). There are plenty of places you can pitch your work to that could possibly earn you a bit of money!
- Make a collage of family and friends - It is always nice to have memories and photos of past events that really meant something. If you have a bundle of old photographs lying around somewhere, then why not turn them into a collage of memories?
- Plan a road trip - Road trips or adventurous breaks are so much fun, but planning them can be a burden! Use the moments when you are bored to plan an exciting weekend away with friends; they'll be thanking you later.
- Go for a jog - Exercise is good but often, there's not enough time to fit it into a busy schedule. With any free time or bored moments, go for a jog. It will keep you fit, release endorphins and could soon become a regular hobby!
- Set up a lemonade stand - Remember when you were a child and you'd sell lemonade off a stand on your front lawn? You're never too old to do so! Donate the earnings to charity and you'll gain a feeling of fulfillment from doing so.
- Make a list of goals for your life - It's always a good idea to have a list of goals, this way you can strive towards them and better your life. Use the times when you are bored to do just this, and you'll see your life taking off in ways you would never have imagined.
- Learn to surf - Everyone enjoys the sea, so why not learn a sport that's involved with the sea? Surfing is great exercise, a sociable hobby and could potentially change your life!
- Play bingo - Think bingo isn't your cup of tea? That's because you haven't won yet! Play bingo when you're bored and you could possibly be striking gold!
- Update your phonebook - Made some new friends? Lost some friends? Whatever the scenario, a phonebook always needs updating! Do it when you have nothing else to do and you'll be updated and ready to go.
- Babysit - Babysitters are always required, whether it's for a family member or friend. If you can handle looking after children for a short period of time, then do it! You could earn a little pocket money doing so as well!
- Make a homemade movie - YouTube is a goldmine and for many people it has changed their lives. If you have a good sense of humour and a good idea for a homemade video, then why not get some friends around and create one? Once done, upload it to YouTube and let the views and fame pour in.
- Create a recipe - Boredom occurs rather frequently, so use each time to create a new recipe. After a while, you'll have your very own cookbook!
- Learn a new word - Expanding your vocabulary can come in handy. So learn a new word and use it in everyday life!
- Learn a dance routine with friends - Dancing is energetic, good exercise and extremely fun! So put your favourite music on and create a dance routine that you can perform in front of friends or at a charity dance event!
- Write a song - Do you like singing? Or maybe you just want to write a song for someone else? Then do it when you're bored! It's even possible to gain exposure for your written music and submit it to a professional producer!
- Plan a world trip - There's a big world out there, so why not plan to see it? Yes, it could take some time to save up the funds, but there is nothing stopping you from planning it now!
- Re-design some old clothes - If you have a wardrobe full of clothes you never wear anymore, then make some use out of them! Cut them, sew them, add some buttons or tie dye them. If you don't like them, make a profit and sell them on Ebay!
- Get a Penpal - Penpal's are fun and you could make a lifelong friend. If you have a penpal you can get to know a wonderful new person and pass the time every single moment you're bored!
- Learn calligraphy - The art of calligraphy is one to be desired and it can make letters look ten times better. Use the bored moments to perfect the art and impress your family and friends!
- Fit as many grapes in your mouth as possible - It's silly, but it's fun. And who knows? It could become a party trick!
- Write 10 things you like about someone - Complete a list of your 10 favourite things about a person you know and show it to them! It will make you and them feel good.
- Face paint yourself - Get a set of face paints and try different styles on you and your friends. If you are good, you could even make some money from painting faces regularly!
- Learn a magic trick - Who doesn't love magic? If you learn a new trick every time you are bored, you could be the next magician!
- Clean your house or bedroom - There's nothing better than living in a clean and tidy environment. Often, when cleaning you'll find things you forgot you even owned! So take the time and get cleaning!
- Make a sand jar - Go down the beach and get some sand. Dye it with some food colouring or paints and pour it into a jar in coloured layers. These are great gifts!
- Go for a picnic! - Even if the weather fails you, have a picnic or cook for friends indoors. This is a great way to socialise and show off your cooking skills.
- Sign yourself up for a volunteer project - The whole world needs your help and many countries now need people to volunteer and give a helping hand to make a change. You can find vounteer projects here.
- Create a vacation journal - Pass the journal onto each friend or family member who is going on vacation and ask them to attach pictures and pieces of writing describing their journey. You will end up with a rather amazing journal of memories in different places.
- Make a survival kit - You never know when you might need it, so create one! Include things like plasters, glue, tissues and whatever you think you may need in a survival situation!