Fun Winter Activities To Do Outdoors
It's just snowed at your house and you're ready to go outside. What to do though? Here are a list of fun activities that you, you and your family, or you and your friends can do that will bring tons of laughs and lots of fun!
1. Snowmobiling. If you or someone you know owns a snowmobile, you need to get out on it! Snowmobiling is the best outdoor activity to do in the wintertime. Despite what you think about getting cold, you're wrong. I actually sweat on the snowmobile from all the moving around I do! Go find a snowmobile and a helmet and get riding!
2. 4 Wheeling. The second best thing to do in the winter time is 4 wheeling. You can take a trail or make your own! With the quad having 4WD you can go almost anywhere without getting stuck. Be sure to dress warm for this though!
3. Sledding. An all time favorite that goes way, way back. Grab a sled and find a big hill and you'll be having fun for hours. Feeling a little brave? Build a ramp on your hill and try to land it!
4. Skiing/Snowboarding. Need to get away in the mountains for a day or a weekend? Why not try skiing or snowboarding? All you need is the equipment and you'll be set. Don't know how to ski or snowboard? The ski resorts offer lessons for beginners that will have you flying down Black Diamond Courses in no time!
5. Snowball Fights. Something I used to do as a kid, and still do today! Make sure you get the wet packing snow and aim right for the enemy! Want to make it a full out war? Make a snow fort and have your team hide in it!
6. Snow Forts. Can be used for play or for a hideout during a snowball fight, they can be made with wet packing snow. If you don't have wet packing snow, make your own by spraying the snow a little bit with the hose. They even make block makers for the snow that you can buy!
7. Hike The Mountain. Nothing is more beautiful then the sight of the snow covered valley from the top of the mountain. Take a backpack with some water and snacks, dress warm and lace the boots up, and go hiking up the mountain. If you don't live particularly close to one, it's definitely worth it to drive to the closest one to you.
8. Plow the Driveway. Believe it or not, this can be fun. If you like driving a tractor or a 4wheeler, whatever your plow is hooked up to, plowing the driveway can actually be relaxing. I always plow the driveway in heavy snows because 1. I think riding on a tractor is peaceful and 2. I always have off school because I'm a teacher, so i'm the only one home!
9. Help a Neighbor. Helping a neighbor, especially an elderly one is always a way to feel good about yourself. Shoveling their driveway or sidewalk is always a nice gesture that will certainly be appreciated by anyone.
So what are you waiting for? Bundle up, get outside, and start having some fun!