- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
Grand Theft Auto V Walkthrough: Minor Turbulence
Character: Franklin, though he doesn't have much part in the mission - it's Trevor's game
Location: Rockford Hills, Michael's House
Unlocked After: Caida Libre, The Merryweather Heist
Trevor's sick of Michael's namby-pamby schemes. He wants something big, something bombastic, something... like... well, something like hijacking a military plane - while it's in flight! - and stealing the cargo. You have to give the guy credit, Trevor always dreams big. Get ready for one of the most ridiculous Grand Theft Auto V missions to date.
- Head to Michael's house as Franklin.
- Jump to Trevor after the cut scene. Hop in his truck.
- Drive to the airstrip at Grapeseed.
- Get into the plane. Taxi it out onto the runway and take off.
- Head for the waypoint, a cargo plane that's already in flight. Stay low as you fly along - if you go too high you'll be picked up by the military. You should come close to scraping the tops of the tallest trees without actually touching any. Ron will warn you a few times if you're getting too high; heed his warning.
- It's of vital importance to note that your altitude, in this case, has nothing to do with your position in the sky so much as how far off the current patch of ground you are. If, for example, you're flying low over a road, and the road suddenly turns into a bridge, and you're not over the bridge, you'll get a warning. You may have to dip low over certain parts of the ground to avoid detection.
- Stay away from Fort Zancudo. It'll be a bright patch of lights to your right. Enter their airspace and they'll bring you down. Stick to the swamps before you hit open sea.
- Once you tail the plane for a certain distance you'll leave Zancudo's airspace. You're thereafter clear to fly as high as you want. Zip into the air and tail the plane.
- Pull up on the cargo plane's rear. After several warnings the cargo hatch will open and troops inside will open fire. Ignore them and fly right into the tail of the plane. You don't need to be exact, just go for the gaping black. A cut scene will guide you in properly.
- Shoot your way up the cargo hold. You'll start off in cover; stay there until you've wiped out the nearby guards and one of the jeeps has slid past and out the back of the plane. Explosives are extremely effective in here, so feel free to lob a few Grenades.
- Climb into the cockpit, kill the pilot (assuming an explosion didn't get him), and take over control of the plane. Turn it towards McKenzie Airbase, marked on the map.
- A pair of jets will show up. Fly alongside them for a while. You don't need to react to them…
- … until they hit your plane with missiles.
- Bail. Wait for Trevor to grab a parachute and jump out of the back of the plane. Don't linger too long in the hold.
- Once you're out, enjoy the trip to the ground. Open the parachute when prompted, and come down smoothly on the tarmac. Don't bring yourself down at too steep an angle or you're liable to take a bit of hurting.
Gold Medal Completion
Accuracy - Finish with a shooting accuracy of at least 80%. You don't get many shots in this mission, so make the ones you do get count. Let auto aim be your guide when you're firing your way through the rear of the plane. (And, yeah, you can't really use explosives if you want to get this one. Poo.)
Four Wheel Flier - Exit the cargo plane in one of the trucks in the back of the cargo plane. Hop in the one nearby, drive it out the back, plummet for a few seconds, and then jump out of the truck. Classy all the way.