Grand Theft Auto V Walkthrough: Target Practice
Location: Sandy Shores, near Trevor's trailer
Unlocked After: Mr. Philips
Trevor may be a mean guy, but he's not all that bad. Clearly his neighbor Cletus thinks a lot of him, and Trevor can probably appreciate Cletus' trigger-happy impulses. What better way for two guys to celebrate their friendship than a fun little hunting session?
- Head to Cletus' house. It's maybe a block away from Trevor's trailer.
- Watch the cut scene. You'll receive a Sniper Rifle with Suppressor from Cletus once it's done.
- Follow Cletus up to the deck of his house. Look where he's looking and you'll see three satellite dishes in three different places. You need to shoot them all.
- The first is almost directly across from Cletus' house, set low to the ground.
- The second is atop a white building a little way to your right.
- The third is a little ways right of the flapping American flag. (Be careful - there's a cluster of three satellite dishes around here which won't count towards your total. Avoid those.)
- Run down to Cletus' buggy and hop in. Drive the both of you to the abandoned motel marked on your map.
- Follow Cletus up to the second floor.
- Now you're shooting car tires as they pass by. This is trickier than it sounds, as you're firing from quite a distance. Aim at the cars while they're still a fair distance away, and time your shoots so you're firing just before your target reaches your aiming reticule. Aim a little below the headlights on the cars for the best effect.
- Follow Cletus to the roof of the motel.
- Time to change up the target. Now you're shooting at coyotes. This is easier than the cars, but it's still tricky. The coyotes are deceptively thin, and can make difficult targets. Either wait until they're stationary or time your shots to just slightly ahead of the coyote's path. Aim for the flank for the greatest accuracy. If you scare them off, don't worry - more will appear if you wait for a few seconds. You can also reposition Trevor on the roof for a better angle, as there's a lot of room to move around up here.
Gold Medal Completion
2 for 1 - Kill two coyotes with a single shot. You have to wait for the critters to line up adjacent to one another to get this one. Be patient, and try to make this goal on your first shot. Once you start firing, the coyotes will scatter, and you'll have a more difficult time getting them to saunter around in a tight group.
Pop! Pop! - Shoot all three tires with an accuracy of at least 75%. Difficult, but with some practice you can get it done. The important thing here is not to panic. Wait until the shot is perfectly lined up before you pull the trigger. There's no time limit, so ignore the pressure.
Bad Signal - Shoot all three satellite dishes without missing. They're stationary targets. Couldn't be easier.