- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
Grand Theft Auto V Walkthrough: The Jewel Store Job
Location: Started immediately after Casing the Jewel Store
Unlocked After: Casing the Jewel Store
This is it. Michael's big chance to repay Madrazo… as well as dip his feet back in the old life again. Michael and Lester have planned the operation to a T, and now they're gonna carry it out. That jewelry store is going down.
How you set up and execute this heist depends on the plan you chose in Casing the Jewel Store.
Carbine Rifles (Loud and Dumb)
- Wait for Lester to contact you. It won't take long.
- Head to the waypoint on the map. This is the tactical van Lester was talking about, and it moves. Be prepared for a bit of a chase.
- Get out of your car ahead of the van, take cover behind the car, and fire on the van. Use Michael's special ability to take out the tactical officers as they pile out of the car. So long as you maintain cover - as well as possibly hit one or two through the windshields - this isn't as difficult as it sounds.
- Jump in the van.
- You'll immediately receive a three-star alert from the cops, and they'll be out in full force hunting you. Look for a way to make them lose interest.
- This part is tough. The police are tenacious, and they're everywhere. If you're sneaky you can get the van detailed; otherwise you're better off looking for a hiding place, and pronto. Once they get on your butt you'll have a tough time losing them. I had the easiest time escaping the police by zipping into the subway tunnels of Rancho and staying there until they gave up the hunt.
- Take the van back to the garment factory. Park it in the little tunnel beside the factory.
Lester will procure both the pest control van and the chemicals you need on his own. All you have to do is pull off the plan. (Can somebody confirm this? I chose Loud and Dumb the first time, and I'm honestly not sure if there's prep for this part of the mission.)
Gold Medal Completion
Swift Getaway - Lose your wanted level within 2:00. I favour the subway approach for this one, but it's up to you. Ducking into an alleyway quickly is always a good shot… assuming you can find an alleyway.
The Heist - Loud and Dumb
- After the cut scene you'll wind up as Franklin driving the van. Leave the factory and get in the driver's seat. Wait for everyone to pile in.
- Drive to the jewelry store. Listen to everyone relating their stories.
- Pull up and begin.
- Back to Michael. Bash into the jewelry store.
- Run up to the cases of jewelry and bash them open with your gun. You have roughly minute to get as much jewelry as you can. Ignore cases that are already bashed open.
- Make for the door as soon as your hacker hits one on the countdown.
The Heist - Smart
- Hop in the car as Michael. Drive to the same spot where he climbed to the roof of the jewelry store before.
- Swap to Franklin. Climb to the roof.
- Run to the same spot where you previously took pictures as Michael.
- Equip the BZ Gas. Aim the reticule pretty much dead on the yellow circle on the ventilation system. Anywhere else and Franklin will miss.
- The heist continues as it does with Loud and Dumb. Bash and grab as quickly as you can.
- Take over as Franklin, zipping through the city on a motorcycle. Follow your fellow gang members. Go easy on your special ability while you're on the streets.
- Lester will tell you to jump down onto the freeway. Use your special ability while weaving through the gap in the barrier, as it's very, very easy to land badly and fall off your bike. You'll also want to use slo-mo to hit the tunnel beyond the landing.
- Into the sewers. The cops aren't a big concern, here, nor is crazy speed. Take your time (though not too much time) weaving through the tunnels, using your special ability as necessary to take tight turns. Pay attention to the instructions of your fellow ne'er-do-wells, as they're good at pointing out hairy moments well in advance.
- When you emerge from the tunnels you'll be back to Michael. Use his van to bash police cars out of your way. It's a heavy-duty truck, so don't be shy about ramming the competition.
How you fare at the heist depends very much on who you chose for the job and how quickly Michael managed to bash his way into the jewelry cases. If you chose pros while pulling together a crew, the heist will go off smoothly… but you'll wind up with less money at the end. If you go with untested amateurs, you'll likely lose one of the gunmen during the escape (though you can still pick up his take with Franklin if you're quick - keep your eye out after the plunge onto the freeway), and the alarm will probably go off, cutting the amount of time you have to bash into glass cases. Either way, everyone will get a nice cut of the profits.
Gold Medal Completion
Quick Grab - Steal the jewelry within 50 seconds. Just have to move quickly for this one. Waste no time, and be methodical as you move around the jewel store.
Protégé Protected - Protect Franklin during the LS River chase. As soon as you switch to Michael, start ramming cop cars. None of them should be allowed to bother Franklin and the rest of the crew.
Clean Sweep - Steal the jewelry from all 20 glass cabinets. Again, be methodical. Start on one side of the store and end on the other. With luck the other guys will grab the jewelry from the side you're not on.