- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
Green Run, Tranzit - Call of Duty, Black Ops 2, Zombies
Green Run was the first large zombie map introduced with Black Ops 2. This map set the stage for a whole new style of zombies. Along with introducing four new characters, it also introduced many exciting features.
Green Run was also the first map to have two separate versions of the main Easter Egg. As we begin playing we hear a voice that starts to give us instructions. If we listen to that voice, and figure out what it wants us to do, then we can complete the Easter Egg. However, Samuel Stuhlinger hears a different voice. By following his voice you can complete the Richtofen side of the main Easter Egg, the Tower of Babble.
In This Profile:
- New Features
- Easter Eggs
- Story Line
- Other Items of Interest
New Features in Green Run
There are many new features that became available in Green Run. See the specific categories for more information on these items.
- Galvaknuckles - A very powerful Melee Weapon that has many additional abilities.
- Tombstone - A new Perk-A-Cola Machine that allows players to have a chance at getting their items back after bleeding out (except for Tombstone).
- EMP Grenades - A secondary Grenade that can turn of power sources. This is needed in the Easter Egg and useful against the Avogadro.
- Avogadro - Also called the 'Electric Man' is the Zombie Boss in Green Run.
- Denizen - Creatures in the fog that will jump on your head.
- Buildables - Items of use to players that need to first be built. They are built by finding specific parts and assembling them at a Building Station or another special area. See the Buildables section below for a complete list of the Buildables available in Green Run.
- Bus - The Bus transports players between different areas of the map.
- Fog - The trail between each area is covered in a thick fog. When in this fog players can be attacked by Denizen.
- The Bank - players can deposit, withdraw and transfer points.
Perks In Green Run
The newest Perk-A-Cola Machine in Green Run is Tombstone. If a player bleeds out with Tombstone equipped they will leave a Tombstone Power-Up that only they can pick up. When they spawn back in the game they will have a limited amount of time to pick up this Power-Up. If they do they will receive everything they previously had, with the exception of Tombstone.
List of Perk-A-Cola Machines in Green Run:
- Tombstone - In the Power Building.
- Double Tap - At the Farm Area, in the large Barn.
- Jugger-Nog - In the Town Area, in the building across from the bank.
- Quick Revive - In the Bus Stop Area, inside the room in which you spawned.
- Speed Cola - In the Diner Area, inside the actual Diner.
- Stamina Up - In the Town Area, inside the Bar.
Weapons In Green Run
There are many new weapons in Green Run. Weapons can be acquired from the wall, the Mystery Box, or built.
Starting Weapons in Green Run:
Wall Weapons in Green Run:
- Bowie Knife
- Remington 870 MCS
- Colt M16A1
Mystery Box Weapons in Green Run:
- Ballistic Knife
- Barrett M82A1
- Chicom CQB
- EMP Grenades
- Five Seven
- Five Seven Duel Wield
- Monkey Bombs
- Ray Gun
- Ray Gun Mark II (Added after the release of Buried)
- Type 25
- War Machine
Buildable Weapons in Green Run:
- Thrustodyne Aeronautics Model 23 (Jet Gun)
Buildables In Green Run
Green Run was the first map to introduce Buildables. Buildables are items that can be built by the player from parts found on the map. In Green Run the parts had a specific Building Station. However, in Mob of The Dead and Buried the parts can be added to any Building Station.
- Turbine - The parts and Building Station can be found in the Bus Stop area.
- Zombie Shield - The parts and the Building Station can be found in the Diner area.
- Turret - The parts and the Building Station can be found in the Farm area.
- Electric Trap - The parts and the Building Station can be found in the Power area.
- Thrustodyne Aeronautics Model 23 - The Building Station can be found in the Town area. The parts can be found in the tunnel, cabin, Nacht der Untoten area, and Power area.
- NavCard Table - This can be built under the Tower. The parts are found in the Bus Stop area, Nacht der Untoten area, power building, tunnel, and/or the Diner area.
- Power Switch - The Building Station and parts can be found in the Power area.
- Pack-A-Punch Machine - The Building Station and parts can be found in the Town area.
Enemies In Green Run
The point of zombies is to face hordes of zombies. However, there are also other creatures thrown in the mix. In Tranzit you will face four different kind of creatures.
These are your run of the mill zombies. They are similar to the regular zombies found in most maps.
Flaming Zombies are basically just regular zombies that walked into the lava. They will appear to be on fire. When killed they will explode, which can damage a player that is standing in the vicinity. However, they do not explode if killed with the Galvaknuckles. Flaming Zombies also have slightly less hit points than regular zombies.
Denizens are small creatures that jump on a players head and scratch at their face. This creature only appears in the fog. The player will go down if they allow the Denizen to scratch them too man times. The Denizen are also used to activate teleports. If you have one on your head as you approach a green street light, they will jump off your head and dig a hole in the ground. A portal will appear that will bring the player to a random street light.
The Avogadro is often referred to as the 'Electric Man'. He will first appear when the power has been activated. When activating the power you can see him escape from the large generator.
The Avogadro will shoot electricity, which can cause damage to the player. He can be injured by Melee attacks while he is in human form, and killed instantly by an EMP Grenade. However, shooting him will only cause him to go back to his ball of electricity form.
The Avogadro appears when a round starts with a full storm in the Sky. The Characters will often give this away by making comments about the storm.
The Avogadro is needed to complete the Maxis side of the Tower of Babble Easter Egg.
Easter Eggs in Green Run
The Tower of Babble
There are two versions to the main Easter Egg, the Tower of Babble, in Green Run. Players can decide if they would like to follow the instructions from Maxis or Richtofen. Both sides of this Easter Egg involve going out to the Tower in the cornfield. However, each side requires the player to take different steps.
During the Maxis side players will need to turn on and off the power. They will then need to get the Avogadro out to the Tower and kill him there. Then they will need to place Turbines in specific locations.
For the Richtofen side players will need to build the Jet Gun. Every player will also need EMP Grenades. Zombies must be killed with explosives under the tower, and four street lights must be hit with EMP Grenades.
The Teddy Bear Song in Green Run
There are three Teddy Bears hidden in Green Run. If they are all activated they will play the song "Carrion" by Kevin Sherwood.
The Teddy Bears can be found:
- The Bus Depot - On a bench outside.
- The Town Area - On a chair in the Bar.
- The Farm Area - In the farmhouse, upstairs on a mattress.
Nacht der Untoten
Many players consider the area that resembles Nacht der Untoten to be an Easter Egg. It is found on the opposite side of the cornfield than the Tower.
Achievements in Green Run
- Dance on My Grave - In Green Run, acquire your Tombstone.
- Don't Fire Until You see - In Tranzit, have all the doors opened without being set on fire
- Fuel Efficient - In Tranzit, use an alternative mode of transportation
- Happy Hour - In Tranzit, buy 2 different perks before turning on the power
- I Don't Think They Exist - In Tranzit, kill one of the Denizens while it is latched onto you
- Standard Equipment May Vary - In Tranzit, aquire 4 different equippable items in 1 game
- The Lights of Their Eyes - In Green Run, pacify at least 10 zombies with 1 EMP Grenade
- Tower of Babble - In Tranzit, obey the voices
- Undead Man's Party Bus - In Tranzit, complete all addition to the bus in 1 game
- You Have No Power Over Me - In Tranzit, defeat "him" without being attacked by "him"
Characters in Green Run
We are introduced to five new characters in Green Run, Tranzit. We also hear the voices of two characters that have been around since the beginning of the Zombie Story.
Abigail 'Misty' Briarton
Misty is first introduced in this map. Little is known of her past. She was traveling with Marlton when they happened upon this small town in Hanford.
Marlton was a scientist that escaped from the Moon. He met Misty and traveled with her to a small town in Hanford.
Samuel J. Stuhlinger
Stuhlinger was a member of a group called the 'flesh'. For reasons unknown he left that group, and later met Russman. They began traveling together and eventually commandeered a bus with a mechanical driver in a small town in Hanford.
Russman is a former agent from Broken Arrow, but he had some sort of a break down. He met up with Stuhlinger and commandeered a bus in a small town in Hanford.
The Bus Driver
The Bus Driver is mechanical and attached to the Bus. He can get angry if attacked, and seems to be malfunctioning.
Edward Richtofen can be heard only by Stuhlinger. He took control of the zombies on the Moon, and is now trying to stop Maxis from taking that control.
Ludvig Maxis is communicating with the players. He is the one that bombed the earth and is trying to take control of the zombies away from Richtofen.
Story of Green Run
The four main characters meet in a small town in Hanford. Misty and Maralton are being attacked by zombies, but Russman and Stuhlinger come to their aid on a bus driven by a mechanical Bus Driver.
Then Maxis starts to give instructions to the four characters. For some reason, only Stuhlinger can hear Richtofen. He gives contrary instructions to Stuhlinger, telling him that he can not trust Maxis.
Other Items of Interest in Green Run
- This is the first map to have the lava hazard.
- The hatch from the bus can be used in the Diner in order for players to access the Galvaknuckles.
- Monkey Bombs, EMP Grenades, Grenades, and Semtex Grenades will not function if thrown or bounced into the lava.
- On December 1949 there was a government experiment called 'Green Run' that caused the release of high amounts of radiation near Hanford.
- Several Maps have been created from areas inside this map. Including Town Survival, Town Grief, Farm Survival, Farm Grief, and Bus Stop Survival.