- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
How To Better Use Your Mouse in PC Games
- Consider investing in a new mouse. Not only will a high-quality optical mouse offer quicker response time and greater accuracy, but a good mouse will be more ergonomically pleasant. The easier the mouse is to hold and manipulate, the better your gaming experience will be.
- Get a mousepad. Optical mice don't necessarily need a mousepad, as opposed to the old trackball mice. However, you'll get smoother, more even performance with a mousepad.
- Open your mouse settings. In Windows, you can find your mouse settings in the Control Panel.
- Check your mouse speed. Most games will have their own speed settings, but setting a base speed will help even out your performance.
- Disable mouse acceleration! Some mice will have the option to disable mouse acceleration during games. While mouse acceleration is useful when doing other things with your computer, it is a big draw-back during games.
- If you're using a five-button mouse, consider mapping actions to those extra buttons. It can be a lot quicker and less cumbersome than messing around with the keyboard in the middle of a heated online match.