How To Turn a Basement Into The Ultimate Man Cave
What Is a Man Cave?
A Man Cave is a sanctuary for men located either in the basement, garage, or den. It is the one spot of the house that is just for the man. He can decorate it how he wants,etc. Most common themes would be sports, hunting, and fishing.
A great addition to this room would be an over sized sofa made of leather and one that has cup holders and foot rests.
This is a place for the "men" to retreat with his buddies to drink, watch a game or play cards.
Where Can You Build a Man Cave?
You can transform any area into a man cave. A storage or tool shed, office, den or spare bedroom. Ideally, a man cave is either in a large garage or if you get really lucky, a full basement.
Basement Walls: Paint the the colors of your football team or, even have the basketball or football team's mascot hand painted onto the wall. Also, posters of different sports, or musicians, can be scattered around. This makes the man cave seem more, " manly". Finally, as it pertains to the walls, make sure and have a boxing timer, and maybe a set of boxing gloves hanging on the wall to help complete the atmosphere.
Being such a big boxing fan, it would be really cool to have a man cave, with lots of boxing memorabilia. If boxing is not so much your favorite, you can always use different sports memorabilia such as pictures, championship belts, jerseys and footballs are great items to dress up the space.
Man Caving At It's Best
Man Cave Basement
Come up with your theme and cover your walls with sports memorabilia and posters of your favorite football or basketball team, etc. Hang a set of boxing gloves on the wall or put shelves in and display trophies or even a music or music collection for the fellas.
There are many floors and options to choose but, if you do not want to spend any money for carpet or hard wood floors, you might try a slightly new concept, if you have a concrete floor already poured, it can stain and look really neat.
I recommend either planning the room in different sports scenes or buying a rug that represents your favorite sports team.
Have You Ever Had One?
Have you ever had a Man Cave?
Man Cave Essentials
Toys and Games For The Guys
1. Pool Table- If room is large enough for a pool table. This is the perfect centerpiece for any man cave. When you want to invite your friends over, it's always to fun to play some pool.
2. Dart Board- A dart board does not take up but, a small space and it can be played solo or in teams. Make sure that no one will be in the path of the darts while they are being thrown. Darts can get pretty competitive.
3. Ping Pong Table- Ping pong is a great way to get some exercise. Ping pong can be very fast paced and is also a great, competitive two player sport for two guys to play while relaxing in their cave. The game of ping pong is good for hand and eye coordination. For the rest of us, it is just fun to play.
4. Fuze Ball Table- A man cave original, the fuze ball table is a fun, two player game and a nice addition to go with the music and video games. This game is fun but, you can not be a one person game. You must be a player who is in multiple places at one time. I always lose this game.
5. Video Game Console- Video games with surround sound speakers are a must. An arcade machine is also a nice addition to the cave. If you are not able to purchase an arcade game, there are tons of game consoles, that can be purchased today.
6. Miniature Putting Greens- Usually the putt-putt green has an obstacle course or a sand course. Both courses are good wholesome fun. They usually cause families and friends to be a little competitive,than they would otherwise. .
7. Mini Basketball Goal (Nerf)- It is always fun to randomly shoot hoops. This can be played inside the house as well as outside.
8. Seating- Bar stools and chairs are a must but, at the bar (if you have one) but, the couch is a good idea in the television area for those movies that you can play on your large movie screen.
9. Your favorite thing whether it might be Star Wars, or, classic muscle cars. Keep the theme manly but, remember your the man. Whatever theme you want, you could have (within reason).
10. Card Table- Use this table for playing cards, or in some cases, board games. It can be a lightweight table that does not have to stay pulled out all the time. It could be folded up in a tiny space to keep from being stored in the way.
This is just a short list but, there are many other ideas for man caves. Please feel free to share any ideas that you may have in the comments box located at the bottom of this page.
Big Screen and Surround Sound Stereo
Having a big screen television is an automatic and as cash allows put speakers in every corner of the basement so you can hear music or sporting events from one end of the basement to the other. Always have music constantly flowing at a descent level and have a variety of music. This rule does not apply during important events such as the Super Bowl or a major PPV boxing event as they are the cornerstone of an invite to the guys to come hang out.
Man Cave Ideas
Big Screen TV Set
Surround Sound Stereo
Pool Tables Are a Great Idea!
Fiber Dart Board
A Man Cave Bar
Making a bar in your casement is actually very simple. It's the drinks to fill the bar that bring the costs. Make sure and keep at least a small fridge and plenty of ice for you and your guests. Have at least one television in the bar area and of course banners or some sort of posters. Make sure and have glasses but also have shot glasses on hand.
* Keep water and sodas on hand for your friends or family who do not indulge in alcoholic beverages.
Build Your Own Man Cave
- Decoration Tips for a Camp Cabin
Decorating a cabin in the woods can be very simple. In this hub you will find pictures, a map, commentary, and a quiz. Check out this hub for some of my decorating ideas.
- How to Get Yourself Pumped and Enthusiastic for a Big Sports Game
This article documents different ways to get hyped up and prepared for a big sporting event. Have your teams clothing on, have signs or flags hanging up and of course have plenty of snacks on hand. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube clips and commentary
- How to Fix Furniture Scratches
This hub demonstrates some of the many ways to cover or eliminate scratches from furniture using many techniques including sand paper and furniture markers. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube clips and commentary are also featured in this article.
- Decorating Your Own Welcome Mat
In this hub, I will show you how to make your very own welcome mat! This particular design will be for Christmas. It would be You tube videos, a quiz, commentary, a poll, pictures and detailed instructions are found in this hub.
- Party Ideas for the Backyard
This article is about different ways to entertain family and friends in your backyard. Grilling out, playing music and having horseshoes and volleyball are just a few of the ways to party listed in this hub. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube videos and
Basement Bar: Man Cave Deluxe
© 2014 lesliebyars