- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games»
- Online Video Games»
- Multiplayer Online Games
How to Carry Yourself out of Bronze League: League of Legends
What to do to get out of Bronze in League of Legends:
This article will cover a variety of factors that will direly increase your chance to get out of Bronze and get out quick.
Most of the people encourage you to duo with a friend that is skilled - I don't do that. You may get out of Bronze sure, but it's artificial since it didn't came out of your own skill. What I encourage you to do is to read this and carry out for your own.
Here are some of the things I cover:
- What's the best role to Carry;
- What should you do to Carry;
- Tactics to Carry your Team;
- Getting Global Gold;
- Coordinating Objectives;
So, read on and start running through your Bronze path to reach Silver road.
How do I carry out of Bronze League in LOL?
This is a question that many of us ponder about, and I must confess I did it too. I played my placement matches as soon as I hit level 30, and I can't blame people who do the same.
What happens is that you spend so much time to level your first account to level 30 that when you get there you can't help yourself to try ranked and see where you're placed - it's normal and I know I was pretty excited.
Then, not only did I played them when I was a bit noob, I had one hell of a luck, getting two Adcs that were AFK (Disconnected), and getting a Garen that threw himself under the enemies' turrets over and over again.
After all the games I played I was placed in Bronze V... BRONZE V!
Well, I managed to carry myself out, but I know the feeling of wanting to and having no clue on what to do - that's why I'm writing this article on how to leave elo hell - Bronze League.
What's the Best Role to Carry League of Legends' Matches:
This is one of the most frequently asked questions. People want to know on what Role to specialize in order to carry their team to victory and earn those much required League Points (LP).
Well, this can be variable, but if we're talking about Bronze League, then you should consider the following:
- Mid Lane: Mid is arguably the role to better carry Bronze League games. Not only they have a lot of impact 1v1, there are also a lot of middlers that can win teamfights, like Brand and Katarina. You can also win bot and top with some well thought ganks. This is it for me!
- AD Carry: A good ad carry is what most teams in Bronze lack, so if you specialize in AD Carry you get a good chance to, well, carry! The adc can be pretty broken late game, but if your midlaner feeds like crazy and the enemy mid laner chooses to shut you down - it can be troubling. Good role to carry from too.
- Jungler: If your skill is pretty higher than your teammates', then Jungler carrying is the right choice for you, since you won't be restrained to a lane and you can feed all of your allies by giving them kills. Remember, you're better off if you give your kills to the laners!
These three are the best roles to carry.
If your specialization is top though, I recommend mastering Nasus - he is a beast in high elo, but just broken in low elo.
I wrote an article about carrying as Nasus, check it out: How to Carry as Nasus
What should I do to carry my team?
Well, for starters you should stop dying. Don't hate me, but if you die a lot you'll cause lots of ill towards your team. 21/12/3 isn't a good score in Bronze League. You're better if you have a score of 11/1/3 - so the first thing to grasp is that your deaths matter more than your kills.
Next, you should try to shut down those on the other team that are fed - look for someone that isn't dying and get them to die... set up a kill or kill them yourself so that you shut them down and get the shutdown gold.
The main thing, however, is to go and get objectives.
Teams in Bronze League: Kills, Kills are what matter, Kill everything and roam around for Kills;
Teams in Diamond: Objectives, Objectives are what matters
Can you see the pattern? This is a game, and to win the game you must complete the objectives.
League of Legends isn't a Team Deathmatch game, and people on low elo aren't aware of this, so they keep killing and leave the turrets standing.
Smurf in Bronze: Akali Carrying a Game 40/0
Tactics to Carry your Team in LOL
Well, there are some different tactics you can employ to carry your team to victory. You can:
- Kill everything: You can focus on kills, always killing your lane and pushing it enough to gank the other lanes to kill the unsuspecting laners as this Akali on the video did - I recommend watching it.
- Focus on Objectives: Push Mid first, then push the remaining lanes, get blues and reds, dragon and Baron;
- Displacement Tactic: Try to be fed and then bait the enemy's champions to pursue you and try to kill you 2 and 3 at the time, so your team can push the map and do their thing in numerical superiority.
Try to see which of these tactics works the best for you. I carried myself around by focusing on objectives and using the displacement tactic because I didn't want to take risks - but if you main, say, Akali, Tristana or Katarina you ca do this pretty easilly.
How would you rate League of Legends?
League of Legends: Winning by Global Gold
Global gold is very important when it comes to League of Legends. I challenge you to do something:
Log in to your League of Legends account and start spectating a game. Now, analyze the global gold of each team (the gold ammount each member possesses all summed up as a team) and you will see that the team that starts to get a big gold advantage will start winning in a short moment.
You can almost predict the outcome of the game by looking at the Global gold numbers and that's why if you want to carry your team you have to worry about global gold objectives:
- Turrets: Turrets give bonus gold to the player that destroyed them, but they also give a small ammount of gold to each team member, raising the global gold member. If you take turrets you're giving your allies vision, map control and gold!
- Dragon: Take Dragon each time it is alive and you'll notice how the gold adds up and how an advantage starts to be seen. More gold means more items for your weakest allies, getting them stronger!
- Baron: Baron Nashoor should be killed, but careful now to throw it. Always kill Baron when you know the enemy is in no condition to take it - if the enemies are dead or too far away to reach it on time. This gives the most global gold and a global buff that can turn tides.
So, remember to help your team by giving them buffs and gold - think about it like if you were feeding computer players to make them stronger and it will get funnier.
League of Legends Poll:
What do you think about Teemo?
League of Legends Objectives: How to Coordinate Them
In Bronze League, players run amok not knowing what to do and they just run around and try to kill each other. Most of the time you can carry yourself out by being a leader and instructing your team on how to take objectives.
For starters, people in Bronze don't know how to do anything else then "Group and Push Mid All". They even say this when the inhibitor is down. If the mid inhibitor is down, that lane is already pushing on its own so you got to gather up and push another lane instead! If you have more than one lane pushing, your enemies can't commit to fighting you guys or make some sneaky tactic or they'll get their base swarming with minions.
So, better take into account that you should coordenate your team to:
- Take mid Lane:
- Take another lane once mid is down:
- Take Baron only when its safe:
- Take Dragon every time it spawns:
- Focus the right way in Team Fights;
So, become a leader and guide those that have no clue on what they're doing! But you better know or you'll instruct them wrong - that would be lame.
The Carry Chart:
Potential to Carry in Bronze
Risk if Lost
Even a Garen in Diamond 1 can Carry:
© 2014 Rui Carreira