- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games»
- Video Game Consoles»
- Microsoft Consoles
How to Delete or Install Netflix on Xbox 360
The Netflix app lets you stream Netflix Watch Instantly content on your Xbox 360 -- in high definition if it's available. However, because more and more devices such as Blu-ray players, DVD players, gaming consoles and other media devices let you stream Netflix with the same quality, you may want to use the other device for Netflix and delete the Netflix app on your Xbox 360 to free up space. Alternatively, if you have a Netflix account and would rather use that device than one of your devices -- such as the Nintendo Wii, which offers a Netflix app but doesn't stream any movies in high definition -- the Netflix app can be installed in a few quick steps.
Delete Netflix on Xbox 360
- Highlight one of the options on the menu bar on the Xbox 360's home screen. Do this by pressing up on the left analog stick repeatedly until one of the options on the menu bar is highlighted, such as Video, Games, TV or one of the other options.
- Move the left analog stick to the right until Settings is highlighted and then move the left analog stick down to the green boxes beneath the menu bar.
- Move the left analog stick around the green boxes until you select the System box, then press "A" to open the System Settings screen.
- Select "Storage" and then press "A" to open the Storage Devices screen.
- Select "Hard Drive" and then press "A" to open the Hard Drive screen.
- Select "Games and Apps" and then press "A" to open the Games and Apps screen.
- Scroll down the alphabetical list of games and apps until you arrive at the Netflix app or apps. You will have two Netflix apps listed if you had an older version of the Netflix app.
- Highlight one of the Netflix apps and then press "Y" to open a window containing the app's properties.
- Select "Delete" and then press "A." The Delete Content dialog box opens.
- Select "Yes" in the Delete Content dialog box to verify that you want to delete the selected app and then press "A." A progress bar appears. After the progress bar disappears, the Netflix app will be removed from your Xbox 360. If there's another Netflix app in the Games and Apps list, highlight it and repeat Steps 8, 9 and 10 to delete it as well.
- Press "B" repeatedly until you arrive back at the Xbox 360 home screen. The Netflix app may still appear in the Video section or other sections, but it won't be installed on your system and you'll need to install it and re-enter your account information before you can use it again.
More Technology Articles!
- Make Xbox Live Faster
Before taking a hammer to your Xbox because your Xbox Live connection isn't performing up to par, walk through a variety of troubleshooting techniques that can speed up both wired and wireless connections.
- How to Turn Off Xbox Live Automatic Renewal or Cancel Xbox Live
Learn how to disable the automatic renewal for Xbox Live if you're tired of Microsoft dipping into your pockets and telling you after the fact. Alternatively, if you're fed up with Microsoft's Xbox Live, you can learn how to cancel the service.
Install Netflix on Xbox 360
- Highlight "Apps" in the menu bar on the Xbox 360 home screen.
- Move the left analog stick down into the list of options. Highlight "Apps Marketplace" and then press "A" to open the Apps Marketplace.
- Highlight "Video" on the menu bar in the Apps Marketplace section and then move the left analog stick down into the options.
- Highlight "See All" and then press "A" to view all of the available video apps for the console.
- Select "Netflix" using the left analog stick and then press "A" to open a Netflix app information window.
- Highlight "Overview" in the Netflix app information window's menu bar and then move the left analog stick down into the list of options.
- Select "Download" and then press "A." A window appears with information about the download, specifically that it won't cost you anything.
- Select "Confirm Download" and then press "A." A window opens displaying the progress of the download. After the download is complete, the progress bar disappears and a quick message is displayed along the bottom of the screen saying that Netflix was successfully downloaded.
- Press "B" repeatedly until you are backed out to the Xbox 360's home screen.
- Highlight "Apps" in the menu bar on the Xbox 360's home screen and then move the left analog stick down into the list of options.
- Highlight "My Apps" and then press "A" to open the My Apps window where a list of all the apps you've downloaded to your Xbox 360 are displayed.
- Select the Netflix app and then press "A" to open it. If a message appears saying an update is available for the Netflix app, select "Download Now" and then press "A" to download and install it. A window appears with the progress of the update download, which shouldn't take very long to download. After the update is finished downloading, the Netflix app resumes loading.
- Select "Yes" when asked if you have a Netflix account. The Member Sign In screen appears. Enter the username and password associated with your Netflix account in the appropriate fields, select "Sign In" and then press "A." The Netflix app opens and you can instantly begin searching and watching movies through the account on your Xbox 360.