How to Raise Elo League of Legends
Anyone who has experienced the elo phenomenon in League of Legends knows the thirst that drives players to obtain high ratings. Ranked games are a different environment and require skill as well as a level head to be successful. In this guide I will share some secrets that have aided me in my elo as well as a breakdown of various elo stages and basic fallacies that bring players down. Each elo; gold, bronze, and unranked have roadblocks that cause players to be unsuccessful.
Unranked - Below 1200
If you are in the unranked stages of the elo system their are many skills you can improve on that will drastically improve your elo. Unranked elo consists of players bellow the 1200 stage and players in this area struggle with mechanics and simply knowing the champions of the game. The game has over 100 champions you must know the game well and know how these champions operate. There are many leavers and unskilled players in this elo, but improve on your attitude and skills and you will add enough value to your team to bring your elo higher and higher. Improving you skills as a player should be the main focus in this stage, and always remember to work with your team and have a positive attitude. The Elo system is a numbers game. If you win 2 out of ever 3 games you will gain elo at a rather quick rate. Do not get discouraged if you lose games it is inevitable!
- Learn as many champions as you can: Remember to try out new champions in normal games. There is nothing worse than losing a game because you were unskilled with your champion. Play your best champions and the champions you know.
- Improve on last hitting and trading in lane: Last hitting is vital to the winning an performance in games. More gold equals more items and damage. Practice makes perfect.
- Try to fill any role the team needs: No one likes to have to play support but it is an important role to the team. Support controls ward coverage and wards win games and winning games gets elo. Work with your team not against it.
- Be polite toward you teammates: No one likes a troll. Trolls lose games and this guide isn't on losing elo. If you are a troll to your teammate your chances to lose go through the roof. Be a leader and communicate and cooperate with your team.
- Never quit until the nexus is dead: Many people give up before the game is anywhere near over. This will result in a great deal of games that are lost that could have been won. You are a winner. Win games and never quit. Do everything in your power to win.
Be a Team Player
Bronze 1200 - 1400
Players in bronze elo are a little more skilled than those in unranked. Many players in bronze struggle with the same problems as unranked players. As you begin to raise your elo higher, the skills of counter picking become more and more important. Getting counter picked in lane gives you an extreme disadvantage, and it is important to know what counters what. Mechanics tend to be less of a problem at this stage but are still sub par.
- Improve on mechanics: If your last hitting needs practice, practice it. It may be cliche but practice does make perfect and perfection gains elo. Try not to ever miss last hits.
- Know the common played champions and what champion counters them: If champs are getting banned or played every game you should know what spells and abilities this champion has. Also, know what counters these champs and how to play them. Counters win games.
- Focus on winning lane The pros always say "win lane win game". This is the truth. Find your niche and the lane you are best at and practice. Know champions that you can win lane with and spam them. Winning games starts in lane.
- Fill roles If the team needs a jungle and you don't know how then you and your team are SOL. Be a team player. You need your team and they need you.
- Use correct runes and masteries Look up guides and know what abilities to max first and what runes to use. Also focus on learning new and more effective builds and rune set ups. This is the ultimate form of mastery. Have multiple pages for the same role. If you need magic resistance have a page ready for magic resistance. Adjust your runes and masteries to aid you best in the current game.
- Never rage Rage will make you go on 200 elo losing sprees. Any questions?
Silver 1400 - 1520
Silver players are generally average to above average players that have good mechanic skills. In this stage people tend to focus on two to three roles and perfect them. If you are at the top of the team during champ select then you should be picking jungler, support, or AD. Counter picking is essential to moving out of this stage. You should be familiar with generic picks and what counters they have. Positioning is key in team fights. If you are ad you should be in the back of the team focusing on the squishiest threat that is closest to you. If you are a bruiser you should be trying to disrupt the enemy team and assassinate the ad carry. Warding is key and doing it right will raise your elo greatly.
- Know counters: At this stage in the game you should be very familiar with most of the champions and what counters what. Use a counter sheet and look up counters on lolpro.com
- Know how to position in team fights: If you are a ranged carry it is down right stupid to be leading the charge into the enemy. This will make you lose every team fight. Know your role and what your job is in team fights. People in this elo know how to focus and will focus in the order of squishiest with the most damage. Be smart win games.
- Always ward: Every person on the team should ward. Warding wins games and winners gain elo. Ward your flanks and avoid feeding. Winner winner chicken dinner.
- Never rage at team: Don't do it!
Gold 1520 - 1900
The difference between gold players and silver players is their knowledge of the game and the ability to cooperate with their team. Players in this level generally focus on one role or two and perfect it. Perfect in knowing all counters, and what picks are best for team composition. Rage is key in this elo. Raging at ones team will lead elo to drop dramatically because not only are you disabling your play you are disabling the play of the player that you are raging at. Keep in mind that rage will lead you to be one bracket bellow where you should be. You could be a gold player in silver just because you rage to often.
- Master counters: Know counters like the back of your hand and always be ready to go into lane with a huge advantage.
- Communicate with team: Talk with your team to know what picks are best for your team composition. Communicate ganks and coordinate with your team to take control of dragon and baron. Global gold wins games.
- Learn specific roles: Master a role and know it perfectly. Know what your role is. Breath your role. Get familiar with every champion in your category and their counters.
- Never rage: Rager trolls have no friends.
A great deal of this game is knowing the game and what champions do what. Knowing how and when to fight. It is also about knowing champions and what they are capable of. Here are some tips on when you should engage on the enemy
Tips on Engaging:
- Any situation where you outnumber the enemy
- When the enemy has no ultimates or their moves are on cooldown
- When you have baron(Never engage on the enemy when they have baron)
- In lane:
- When the enemy does not have summoners and you do
- When the enemy's ult is down and yours is up
- When the river is warded and you know no one is missing
- When you are ahead of the enemy in items
Be prepared and don't go commando
Whenever you return to base you should always buy wards. If you are saving up for a specific item always be sure you have around 100 gold extra to buy wards and potions. Wards win games. They stop enemy ganks and allow your team to know where the enemy is. Warding, if you do not already, will greatly improve you elo.
Warding Buffs: Warding buffs is crucial to making plays and controlling the game. As the game progresses carries rely more and more on buffs, and warding them can lead to you killing them when they attempt to get their buffs as well as securing the buffs for your team.
Make sure baron and dragon are warded: You always want to know if the enemy is moving towards these objectives so you can stop them and start team fights. Pink wards are good because they can take down the enemy's vision on these monsters. Control baron and dragon and you increase your chances to win.
Always ward when:
- You go home and have extra gold: If you are laning try and go back when you are going to have the extra 75 gold to buy a ward. Try and get a few last hits if you are short on cash.
- You are playing support: It is the supports job to do a majority of the warding as well as buying an oracles. You should be buying wards every time you go home and trying to kill enemy wards as well.
- You are jungle and have a wriggles lantern: Use your wriggles lantern to ward baron if you are the jungler. In the early stages of the game your support may not be in the area so it is your job to maintain vision on dragon.
- Your team is going after a warded objective: If no one on your team has a pink ward try and help your team out and get one. Pink wards allow you to take objectives without being contested
- Your lane is extended and you have no vision: There is nothing worse than getting ganked and feeding kills. Not only does it make it harder for you to win lane, but it also feeds your opponent. Make sure you are warded up when you are pushed. If you don't have a ward don't be afraid to push the lane and go back and get one.
Counter picking is one of the things that separates low elo players from high elo players. Learn how to counter pick and use this spreadsheet as a guide to help you counter pick.
LoL counter pick sheet
Water counters fire, and you counter bad players.
Watching streams is a great way to improve your skills. Streamers are the best players in the world and watching what they do can be extremely helpful in gaining elo.
- Dyrus - Top Lane
- Chaox - Ranged Carry
- Saint Vicious - Jungler
- Xspecial - Support
- Aphromoo - AD carry
- Wings of Death - Top
Raging will never lead to an advancement of elo. You are making yourself less effective and giving the enemy team a great advantage. Always work with your team and ignore people who blame others. Blaming is a mechanism people use to deny responsibly on themselves and on the others. Be a bigger person and your elo will rise.
- League God The Number 1 League of Legends Ebook For Free
League God has everything you need to know to improve in League of Legends and become a top notch player. You will learn all the tips to become a better player and rank up. Everyone wants to be a beast and carry games and now is your chance to get al
- League of Legends Dominance
Extensive League of Legends blog with all the tips and advice you need in order to get better. Go pro and dominate your enemies with guides and information.
Guide to Mid lane
- League of Legends Guide to Mid Lane
Intense guide on the tips and tricks of mid lane. Information on playing mid lane and how to be a successful mid.
10 Tips on Gaining Elo
- 10 Tips that Will Raise Your Elo in League of Legends
10 tips that will help you raise elo in league of legends
E Rage is bad
- How to Control E Rage
E rage can be harmful in the excelling of well being of gamers every where. Tips on controlling E rage and better the gaming experience.
Guide to Playing Ranked Games
- A Guide to Playing League of Legends Ranked Games
Guide for playing ranked games in league of legends
Other League Resources
- League of Legends 10 Hardest Champions to Play
List of 10 champions with this highest skill cap in League of Legends.
- League of Legends 10 Worst Champions
list of the worst champions in League of Legends.
- League of Legends 10 Tips to Improve Your Support Pl...
Tips and tricks to improve you support play and help you become a better support.
- Best Support Champions In League of Legends
List of the best support champions in League of Legends. Top support champions LoL
- Best Ad Carries League of Legends
List of the Best Ranged Carries in League of Legends.
- 10 Must Own Champions League of Legends
List of the must own champions in League of Legends and what makes them good.
- 10 Tips that Will Raise Your Elo in League of Legend...
10 tips that will help you raise elo in league of legends
- League of Legends Best Streamers
List of the best streamers in League of Legends
- League of Legends How to Win Ranked Games
tips on winning ranked games and being a cool carry pro
- League of Legends Secret Over Powered Champions
List of a few sleeper champions in League of Legends that are overpowered and overlooked by many.
- League of Legends Understanding the Meta
The explanation of the current meta in league of legends.
- Best Mid Lane Champions League of Legends
List of the top tier mid lane champions and information about their strengths and weaknesses.
- League of Legends How to Play Support
In depth guide on playing support in League of Legends as well as tips to improve your support play.
- League of Legends Best Champions For Beginners
List of the best champions for beginners to play in League of Legends
- League of Legends Best Top Lane Champions
A guide on the best top lane champions in league of of legends.
- LoL Pro - Pro League Of Legends Guides and Videos
Learn. Strategize. Dominate. Top guides, videos, and discussion by professional League of Legends players. Lists champions and their counters
Guide to Bottom Lane
- League of Legends: Guide to bottom lane
Information about playing techniques for bottom lane. How to play effectively in bottom lane.
guides and streams