How to Turn Off Xbox Live Subscription Auto Renew
Replacing and swapping out old credit and debit cards for new cards is a huge hassle. It can take an eternity to get all of your services that are automatically billing your old cards updated to charge against your new cards. Neglecting to update the billing information for any of these services can mean that service will come to a crashing halt with little or no notice because the card it was charging wasn't issuing any payment. You can prevent from being caught off guard by disabling auto pay so that you can easily monitor how much you're being charged, and what account is being charged. Microsoft is especially sneaky about auto pay, as the feature is automatically enabled for Xbox Live, and you have to do a bit of digging to disable it. You can start your quest to disable auto pay for the Xbox Live service by signing in to your Xbox Live account.
- Open your Web browser and navigate to www.xbox.com. The Microsoft Account website appears.
- Click "Sign In" in the upper right corner of the screen. The Xbox Live Sign In window appears. The Sign In window will be green.
- Enter the email address associated with your Xbox Live account, and then click the green "Next" button. A prompt for the password associated with your account appears. Alternatively, you can log in to your Xbox Live account using either a phone number or your Skype username.
- Enter the password associated with your Xbox Live account, and then click the green "Next" button. You'll be returned to the Xbox Live home screen, where you'll now see your gamertag and profile picture in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click your gamertag associated with your Xbox Live account in the upper right corner of the screen. A drop-down menu appears. This drop-down will include options for viewing your Xbox Live profile, information about your friends on Xbox Live, messages you've sent and received through the Xbox Live service, and more.
- Click "Xbox Settings" in the drop-down menu. The Xbox Settings screen appears.
- Click "Subscriptions" beneath Xbox Settings on the left side of the window. The Services and Subscriptions screen appears.
- Select "Manage" to the right of the line item in the section associated with your Xbox Live subscription. This line item will have a refresh icon to the left of it. The Payment Settings window opens.
- Click "Turn Off Auto Renew" to the right of the line item that says Renews Automatically. A dialog box asking if you're sure you want to disable Xbox Live auto renew appears.
- Select "Yes, I Want to Miss Out on Free Games" in a gray box. A message appears informing you that your Xbox Live subscription will not auto renew appears, along with the date that your current subscription expires.
- Click the blue "Back to Subscriptions" button to return to the Payment Settings window, where you'll have the option to turn the Auto Renew feature back on if you ever want to.
How to Change Xbox Live Billing Credit or Debit Card
© 2017 Max Dalton