- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games»
- Video Game Consoles»
- Nintendo Consoles
How to Uninstall or Install Netflix on Nintendo Wii
How much screen time do you let your kids have per week?
While having Netflix on your Nintendo Wii is convenient, it's cumbersome to operate and it doesn't stream in high definition. Alternatively, there are a number of devices being rolled out with a built-in or downloadable Netflix app that can stream HD, such as Blu-ray players, DVD players, TVs, mobile devices and other gaming consoles. If you find yourself watching Netflix through one of these devices and not your Nintendo Wii anymore, you can remove the Netflix channel on your Wii to free up space. Alternatively, if you have a Netflix account and no other devices to play the Wii on but your computer monitor and you don't want to go through the trouble of connection your computer to your TV or don't have the option to, consider linking your Netflix account to your Wii so you can watch streaming content on your TV.
How to Remove Netflix from Wii
- Select the “Wii Options” button in the lower-left corner of the Nintendo Wii home screen. This button features the Wii icon on it. The Wii Options menu opens and has Data Management and Wii Settings options on it.
- Select “Data Management” on the left side of the screen to open the Data Management window.
- Select the “Channels” option to open the Channels window.
- Select the “Netflix” channel. A dialog box appears with Move, Copy and Erase options.
- Select “Erase.” A message appears asking if you’re certain you want to erase the Netflix channel from your Nintendo Wii console.
- Select “Yes.” The Netflix icon will disappear from the dialog box and a message appears within the dialog box after the Netflix channel has been successful uninstalled from the Wii.
- Click the dialog box to close it and return to the Channels window.
- Press the “Home” button on your Wii Remote and then select “Wii Menu” to return to the Wii’s home menu. The Netflix channel no longer appears on the Wii’s home menu.
Rate Nintendo Wii
More Technology Articles!
- How to Use Google Voice for Free Texting on iPhone
Learn how to use Google Voice to send and receive free text messages on your iPhone. You can set your iPhone up to function exactly like the default Messages app on your iPhone.
- How to Improve Your Wireless Signal
Is your wireless signal constantly weak and doesn't reach as far as you feel like it should? Read this article to find out several things you can do to improve your wireless signal.
How to Install Netflix on Wii
- Select the “Wii Shop Channel” from the list of channels on the Nintendo Wii’s home screen.
- Select “Start” when the screen appears giving you the option to start the Wii Shop Channel or return to the Wii’s home menu. It takes a few seconds for the Wii Shop Channel to load, during which time you’ll see the Wii icon on the screen.
- Select “Start Shopping” at the bottom of the Wii Shop Channel’s home screen.
- Select “Wii Channels” in the next window to open the Wii Channels window.
- Scroll through the available channels, which is actually very short, and select the “Netflix” channel when you arrive at it in the list.
- Select “Update” and then select “Wii System Memory. “ The Selection Confirmation window appears notifying you that you can only navigate the Netflix channel using a Wii Remote and no other type of Wii-compatible controller. The Donwload Confirmation scren appears.
- Select “Yes” to download the Netflix channel to your Wii. The Download Software screen appears with Mario running along the bottom of it. A Download Successful message appears when the download is complete.
- Click "OK" to return to the Wii Shop Channel and then click "Wii Menu" in the lower-left corner of the Wii Shop Channel.
- Click the Netflix channel that now appears on your Wii home screen. A message appears with an activation code that tells you to open a Web browser on a computer that's connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Nintendo Wii and then navigate to netflix.com/wii.
- Log into a computer connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Nintendo Wii, open a Web browser and then navigate to netflix.com/wii. Log in to your Netflix account if prompted.
- Enter the activation code on your Nintendo Wii in the Activate field and then press "Activate." After a few seconds, a message appears confirming that your Wii is now connected to your Netflix account.