How do you get a 100 BLUP horse on Howrse?
- Join Howrse Today!
Breed your own horses, run an equestrian centre, and become the best of the best!
This works whatever the breed, and means you can gain 20 wins easily for your horse, without being suffocated by huge skillors in the competitions.
For a more detailed explanation of what BLUP is on Howrse, and how it benefits your game, see my other articles on Howrse gaming.
Train to Win
When trying to get your 20 competition wins, it is better to have a horse that has lower points in his best skill area, but higher overall skills than the other horses he will be competing against. This ensures that he will qualify for lower level competitions with other blupping horses, but should hopefully have far higher overall skills, enabling him to easily place first.
Do the following until 100% finished, entering competitions as you go along.
- Short trot rides
- Dressage training
- Speed training
Increasing only the speed and dressage skills first means that your horse will have high skills overall, but will still be low enough in his very best skill, to enter the lowest level comps. The great thing about this is, you can avoid the monster skillors that dominate the higher level races.
You should aim to break up your initial preparation training, with competition entries. That way you can collect your wins as you go along, using the most advantageous opportunities. Here are some ways to maximise your winning potential:
- Tub of Grease (ToG) - These are found in the horse's box. During speed training you will need to take breaks regularly to recoup energy. Put the horse in his box for a few hours daily until you find a ToG.
- Every time you find a ToG stop training and rides, and purely enter competitions - Focus on those in your horse's worst skill area at first, then his best.
- Only enter competitions you know you have a chance of winning (check the other entrants out, and if they are higher skilled than you, avoid them).
- Enter the lowest level competitions you can find.
- Put another one of your own horses in the competition that has lower skills or low health, or both, to help 'fill' out the comp and prevent other, better, entrants from getting in.
- Once the ToG runs out go back to training, or working on short rides.
- Every time you find a ToG enter more comps.
Bolding the top 3 skills
Now you should have a horse with 20 competition wins. Congratulations, the hardest part is over!
To gain 100 BLUP, you also need to ensure that the horse's top 3 skills are bolded. Here's how:
Click on your horse's breed link to check what his best 3 skills are if you don't already know. Now work on completing training in each of those areas till it shows as 100% complete when you hover your mouse over the skill bar.
Complete all rides which increase those three main top skills. You can see below which competitions and rides increase which skills, and choose accordingly.
short trots: speed, dressage and trot
short gallops: speed, dressage and gallop
short sloping land: speed, dressage and jumping
long trots: stamina, dressage and trot
long gallops: stamina, dressage and gallop
long sloping land: stamina, dressage and jumping
Most comp types give 3 different skills just like rides (the exception is cross country, which only gives 2):
show jumping: speed, dressage, jumping
cross country: stamina, dressage
gallop races/barrels: speed, dressage, gallop
trot races: speed, dressage, trot
You should now have a horse with its three best skills bolded, and 20 competition wins under its belt. All that is left is to age to 10 years if he isn't already. Voila! a 100 BLUP horse.