- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games»
- Online Video Games
Incursion 2 - The Artifact walkthrough, Part Four: Gorge Bridge
Onward, Garga and friends! The path to the heart of darkness is yet a long one, and there are many dangerous lands to cross before you reach the end of your journey. This is but a mere bridge to greater adventures… or could it, perhaps, be a splitting point for the forces of light?
Gorge Bridge is the first of many levels that's oddly deceptive in its construction. There are three spawn points for the bad guys, all in the west. One of them meanders along solo in the north, while two converge halfway along in the south. They meet in the west and terminate at the bridge your guys are trying to keep safe.
How is this deceptive? Simple: the level design will initially make you think you need to defend each of these paths. This is not the case. Indeed, it is unwise to split your forces too much. Everything you have should be concentrated on protecting the bottleneck just before the bridge.
Your first concern is your heroes. Garga is as mighty as ever, and Kel from the previous level is along for the ride yet again. Leaving Garga at the mouth of the bridge is a wise move, as he can help bolster your defenders with his magic and sword attacks (and potentially his pet). Kel, by contrast, will do best if you position him in the middle of the island that splits the major paths of the level. He has two Assassin Archers with him, and the three of them combined will be able to target every path from the clearing between the circle of barracks. Only move them if you need extra firepower focused on the bridge itself.
You have some new enemies to fight here:
- Runners. These pesky little jerks can't survive a sustained attack, but they don't have to. All they need is a chance to run by your units, as they're the fastest enemies in the game. Kel and his guys will wipe them out quickly if placed in the middle of the map.
- Necromancers. Though not terribly strong on their own, Necromancers are accompanied by swathes of Skeletons which they will occasionally re-summon if they're alive for too long. Arrows are no good against these creatures; use magic or, preferably, mass melee attacks instead. Necromancers themselves are pretty feeble, and are good targets for your heroes.
- Big Skeletons. Basically bigger versions of smaller Skeletons, with more power and health.
- Skeleton Archers. More powerful versions of Evil Archers, in essence. Kel should take them out on his own most of the time; send in Garga if they get out of hand.
- Juggernauts. Slow, lumbering behemoths with a lot of health and heavy armour. Magic is your best bet.
You can use any number of different units to beat this map, but the most straightforward path to victory is to use a massive number of melee units. Set up at least two barracks' worth of melee units right by the bridge and upgrade them while your heroes wipe out the early waves. By the time the later waves show up you should have a fair number of Warhammers which can horribly stomp the Skeletons that appear. Set up magic users or more melee units in the third barracks by the bridge to complete your defence.