- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games»
- Online Video Games
Incursion 2 - The Artifact walkthrough, Part Thirteen: Traitors Attack
Almost done. Only two levels left, two gruelling battles that stand between the forces of Garga Wrathbringer and ultimate victory. Problem is, humanity itself seems to have turned on Garga and his valiant band…
Traitors Attack is a weird twist on the usual formula. The map itself is pretty basic: enemies emerge from three different spawn points and make their way to the northwest, where the exit waits. Barracks wait in-between to intercept the lot. Standard fare…
… except that the bad guys are your own units. Rather than fighting monsters you're going up against Footmen and Ninjas and Archers and Artillery and Dwarves and Lightning Masters and, well, basically the whole gamut of base units and upgrades. They get gradually tougher and tougher, so expect some of your most powerful units to be thrown against you by the end. Some tips for dealing with them:
- Melee units. The melee combatants comprise the most numerous and basic of the foes you'll encounter. All they do is wander up the field and hit anything in the way. They're more troublesome because they cover for the other two types of enemies, which will invariably do more damage.
- Ranged units. For most of the fight, it's the ranged fighters who will give you the most trouble. You'll see the occasional artillerymen wandering amid the enemies, but the majority of these guys are archers, and they'll start picking off your troops at a fair range. Send in Garga to wipe out archers before they can put too much of a ding in your defences.
- Magic units. Similar to the archers, the mages will prove a pain in the butt because they can hit at a distance - though not as much of a distance. They only get painful when they turn into full-blown Archimages, and even then there aren't enough of them to cause you a ton of trouble.
Because all paths converge on one spot in Traitors Attack, your positioning is pretty clear. Set up your first contingent of attackers in the barracks on the edge of the island that separates the northern path from the southern path. From here your units will be able to attack everything that comes near them -
- and if you concentrate solely on levelling your units up to Archimages, you'll have no trouble driving the villains back. Archimages are by far the best choice for this level, as they will obliterate the melee fighters, do a good number on the less numerous ranged fighters, and don't have to worry as much about magic users. Leave other mages to your heroes. A clump of six Archimages with their summoned beasts will decimate most anything that comes near them.
You're fortunate in this level to have Malar Storm'Spear temporarily back on your team, and his Shock Wave attack is as effective as ever in wiping out groups of units. Position him on the final stretch of road towards the exit and have him trigger this attack whenever the bad guys get too close. There are a lot of clumps of bad guys in this level, and he's great at bringing them down. Garga can move around as needed, especially when archers come out and threaten your more stationary units.
Overall, though neat, this level is fairly easy. Archimages will win the day. You can mix in other units if you wish, for a bit of variety, but absolutely do not neglect your mages! They are first priority!