- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games»
- Online Video Games»
- Multiplayer Online Games
Is League of Legends Free?
A lot of people do not know much about League of Legends and are curious as to if it is really free. The answer is yes and no. The great thing about League of Legends is that you do not have to spend money to play it. However, there is the option of spending money in order to get new content.
League of Legends uses influence points as a sort of currency that you receive after playing each game. On average you receive about 100 influence points after every classic 5v5 game you play. These points can later be used to unlock new champions and runes. There are a total of 100 champions in League of Legends and they can cost anywhere from 400 to 6300 IP or influence points.
- Influence points can be used to buy champions and runes to give you more variety in your game.
- Influence points are earned after every game and each day you get a first win of the day bonus.
There is an option to pay money in order to receive the second type of currency. These are call riot points and they can also be used to buy champions and skins. You can get around 650 riot points per 5 dollars you spend and you also bonus riot points the more you spend. Riot points can also be used to buy influence points boosts that increase the influence points you earn after each game. Because of the amount of investment it takes to buy a new champion, make sure you research your champion before you purchase it and make sure it is something that you would like to play.
- Riot Points can be used to buy new artwork for you champion and special new effects.
- Riot points can also be used to buy new champions and boosts to gain experience or influence points.
- Riot points are a currency that you can use in the game buy unlike influence points they cost money to buy.
Paying for an advantage
Although spending money in League of Legends gets you more content it does not get you better content. A player who spends 10 dollars on the games can still win against someone who spend 100. One of my favorite things about League is that you do not have to spend money to have an advantage in the game. This makes everyone on equal footing no matter how much they spend making it really fun and balanced. Some online games force you to pay for better weapons, items, and things to help you win but League does not.
You will probably spend money eventually
For me, spending money on League of Legends seems inevitable. With so much content and perks to unlock it seems like there will definitely come a point where you decide to spend money on it if you play long enough. Playing League takes a long to time to learn and can be frustrating at times, but it is a great game to play and can be a lot of fun.
- Best Champions to Carry Low Elo in League of Legends
List of Champions that excel at carrying low elo in ranked games of league of legends. Description of these champions and what makes them great at carrying
- League of Legends Understanding the Meta
The explanation of the current meta in league of legends.
- How to Raise Elo League of Legends
Guide on gaining precious elo. Tips tricks and methods for people of all skill levels
- League of Legends Best Top Lane Champions
A guide on the best top lane champions in league of of legends.
- A Guide to Playing League of Legends Ranked Games
Tips and trick to help aid the performance in ranked games. Ways to improve play and gain a higher elo.
- League of Legends How to Play Support
In depth guide on playing support in League of Legends as well as tips to improve your support play.
- League of Legends How to Win Ranked Games
tips on winning ranked games and being a cool carry pro
- League of Legends Best Champions For Beginners
List of the best champions for beginners to play in League of Legends
- Best Champions to Carry Ranked Games in League of Le...
List of champions great for carrying ranked games.
- Best Mid Lane Champions League of Legends
List of the top tier mid lane champions and information about their strengths and weaknesses.