Isketch - The online pictionary
Have you ever wanted to play pictionary and no one wanted it too? Now you can play it online with people from all over the world at any time of the day.
Iskech is an online game very similar to Pictionary. While one player is drawing a word, the others are trying to guess.
Here's how it works:
- You go to the website. Click on play now (or read the instructions).
- Then pick an username. Password is not required.
- On the right side, pick your language (English, French, Spanish and Portuguese are the main ones, but there's a lot more on the Other Languages part.) and then pick a room.
- If it's someone else drawing, write what you think it is. It will automatically say if you're close to the word. Pay attention to the top (up the Game part, as you can see in the image above) because sometimes players drop hints that will help you guess the word.
- If it's you drawing, starting drawing it quickly or you will be marked as away (to unmark it, click in away above the users columm). The drawing tools are pretty much like Paint MS except maybe the blank sheet on the left corner that cleans everything. There's like a scale near the colors (see above) that defines how thick is the line. You can give hints or skip the word in a box near the chat box.
- To go to another room, click on "Menu".
How do I win?
Everytime you guess a word, you get points. And everytime you draw and people guess, you get points too.
Basically, the first person to guess a word, wins 10 points, the second wins 9 points, the third wins 8 points, and so on. If you draw and a person guessed, you win 10 points, if two people guess, you win 11 points and so on.
In the end, like every game, the person with more points wins!
- Start on the easy level rooms to get a sense of how the game works.
- Try the drawing tools first. Before joining a room, you see a buttom called "Studio" on the top. Here's where you can try the tools.
- Create rooms. If you want to play just with your friends or if you want to play a specific theme, create a room.
- Hide the full and the empty rooms. On the top of the rooms list, you have that option. It will make it easy to find a suitable room for you.
- Switch between the chat and the game. If you want to talk with people, use tab to switch beetwen those 2 options (or double click on top of each one).
- Read the instructions.
So have you tried isketch? Do you like it?