Kingdom Hearts II: Crafting the Ultima Weapon
Acquire the Ultima Weapon Recipe
Of course before you can craft the weapon you'll have to know how to make it. Board your ship and head for Twilight Town, land in the Haunted Mansion and go down to the chamber where Donald and Goofy was sleeping during Roxas's prologue. Open the small chest near the pods to find the recipe. That was the easy part.
Level Your Moogle
Start synthesizing anything that you can craft on the Moogle Shop, they're generally in every world but the closest ones to a landing point are: Olympus Coliseum at the Underworld entrance and Beast's Castle in the room with the fireplace.
Use a Bright Crystal for synthesizing items. Bright Crystals give you more EXP while synthesizing, effectively leveling the Moogle up faster.
What You'll Need:
- 7 Orichalcum+
- 1 Orichalcum
- 1 Mythril Crystal
- 1 Dense Crystal
- 1 Twilight Crystal
- 2 Serenity Crystals
- Ultima Weapon Recipe
Orichalcum+ are not very abundant in the game. In fact the recipe calls for 13 pieces of Orichalcum+ but the game only has 7 in total. Leave it to SE to make things more difficult to think about but make it easier for you in the end. Here's a list of Orichalcum+ locations:
- Collect at least 1 of every material in the game. If you're playing on Final Mix+ that includes the drops from the Cavern of Remembrance.
- Clear the Goddess of Fate cup at the Olympus Coliseum.
- Obtained from a chest just before fighting Sark and the MCP in Space Paranoids.
- Obtained from a chest in Twilight Town. Climb on top of the trolley at Sunset Station and jump on top of the only roof with a chest on it.
- Obtained from a small chest at the Brink of Despair.
- Clear the 100 Acre Woods.
- Clear Atlantica.
Obtaining an Orichalcum
Orichalcums are pretty rare... no, actually scratch that, they are very rare and difficult to obtain. The only way you can find these Orichalcums are by hunting down a special kind of Heartless called a "Bulky Vendor." They can appear either in pairs of alone in these worlds:
- Land of the Dragons - Checkpoint
- Olympus Coliseum - Cave of the Dead: Entrance
- Beast's Castle - West Hall
- Halloween Town - Christmas Town: Candy Cane Lane
- Agrabah - Bazaar
- Bulky Vendors do not appear in any of these worlds in any order, they mostly appear in random. This is true for the Final Mix version of the game, not sure about the original copy.
- To obtain an Orichalcum from a bulky Vendor, you'll have to use the Reaction Command on it when its HP is on the last bar.
- Use Quick Run to swiftly chase after a renegade Bulky Vendor. When a Bulky Vendor's HP lowers it also gains more speed and therefore harder to chase after. You could also try luring it into a corner.
Obtaining a Mythril Crystal
Mythril Crystals cannot be dropped in Kingdom Hearts II. You'll have to level up your moogle to at least level 8 in order to unlock the Mythril Crystal recipe under the "Free Development" tab of the Moogle Shop. You'll need:
- 1 Mythril Gem - requires 1 Dense Stone, 3 Dense Shards, 3 Twilight Shards and 1 Twilight Stone. You can easily drop these at The World That Never Was.
- 1 Serenity Stone
Obtain a Dense and Twilight Crystal
Get back in your ship and land at The World That Never Was, make sure to drop off at the Altar of Naught. Climb down the stairs and enter the Ruin and Creation's Passage. Start killing everything from there to Proof of Existence and you should have a couple of Dense and Twilight Crystals.
Keep in mind that Twilight Crystals drop a lot less than Dense Crystals do. To make it easier for you to hunt them; Berserkers will drop Dense Crystals and Sorcerers will drop Twilight Crystals most of the time.
Acquiring a Serenity Crystal
There are two ways that you can obtain a Serenity Crystal:
- Bulky Vendor - Whenever you succeed in catching a Bulky Vendor during its last HP bar it will give you both Orichalcums and Serenity Crystals.
- Synthesizing - You'll need 1 Tranquil Crystal, 1 Remembrance Crystal and 5 Bright Crystals.
Acquire an Energy Crystal
Remember when I said the recipe calls for 13 Orichalcum+, but only 7 are present in the game? This is because of the item called an Energy Crystal, it cuts your material requirement by half although it will not deduct anymore if the base requirement is 1. For example 13 Orichalcum+ turns into 7, but 1 Twilight Crystal will still be 1 Twilight Crystal.
Locations for it are:
- Pride Lands - The Hearless called Shamans will drop them at a rate of 4%.
- Radiant Garden - The Heartless called Book Makers will drop them at a rate of 4%.
- At any point of the game, you can equip "Lucky Lucky" on Sora, Donald and Goofy to further increase the chance of getting rare drops.
- The Genji Shield for Goofy, Meteor Staff for Donald and Sweet Memories Keyblade for Sora also increase the chances of you dropping rare goods.
- The Ultima Weapon has the unique ability called "MP Hastega," which allows Sora's MP to regenerate at a much faster rate. Useful for people who like to cast battle magic or healing.