LEGO City Undercover walkthrough: Uptown Collectibles
Every city has its cultural hub, and in LEGO City that's Uptown. Home to a museum and an art gallery, Uptown is the place to go to expand your mind - or simply to increase your collectibles count. This article will explore the many and sundry collectibles found in Uptown, assuming you have all of the outfits.
This section covers the left side of the city, from the border of Crescent Park up to Blackwell Bridge.
- Across from what appears to be a university is a small coffee shop. There's a dynamite vending machine here and a Super Brick on the roof.
- By the railing overlooking the docks across from the coffee shop is a rack of fishing rods. Bash them and reassemble them into a single fishing rod. There are two more of these: one further down the boardwalk towards Crescent Park, the other down the opposite direction of the boardwalk, near the stretch of residential buildings. Assemble all three for the Gladiator collectible.
- Up the street from the coffee shop and across from the university is a Disguise Booth. Assemble it for the Bus Driver collectible and a Gold Brick.
- Along the boardwalk, on the grass, are several piles of rocks. Bash through the one closest to the coffee shop to find a boulder. Destroy it for a Gold Brick.
- Beside the stairs at the side of the coffee shop is a crate. Bash it open to find the pieces of a gumball machine, one of four.
This article covers several collectibles found at the Art Gallery that you could procure earlier in the game.
- There are a ton of Color Swappers on the second floor of the Art Gallery. If you need colours, this is the place to go.
- You can run along the edge of the Art Gallery's smooth, blue upper half to the bottom of the massive flag advertisements on the side of the building. Grapple up to them to find a Super Brick.
- At the top of the Art Gallery is a zipline to a nearby tower. Use it to reach a Districts Conquered flag. This will get you a Gold Brick.
- (And since you're up here, you should probably use the Chicken Glide to reach…)
- Near the Crash Mat on the roof is a fuse box that will activate a Drill Thrill challenge. Finish it for a Gold Brick. At the top of the tower where you find the fuse box is a teleporter that will shunt you to a Chicken Glide; use it to get to the distant University, where you'll find a Power Star on the roof.
- On the sidewalks at the base of the rear of the Museum is a Train Station spot you can get started for a Gold Brick.
- If you didn't get it the first time you visited (unlikely) there's a pig up here, atop the green dome. Ride it off of the roof and send it on its way for a Gold Brick.
- There are two knight statues, one at the front and one at the back of the Museum, that need to be painted gold. Paint both of them for the Bucky Butler collectible. There's also a big pharaoh statue out front that needs a coat of gold. Do the job for the Pharoah collectible.
- Right in front of the Museum is a Silver Statue. Blow it to pieces for a Gold Brick.
- Under the Museum's entrance stairs is a Super Brick.
Outer City Stores
This section covers the line of buildings that stretches from one side of the Uptown and LEGO City Airport to the other, starting near the Museum.
- Before you stick to the stores, check the billboards flanking the road into LEGO City Airport. You can climb the one nearer the water and make your way back to the buildings, finding two Super Bricks and the Roman Soldier collectible on the way.
- Right near the border is an ATM to trash for a Gold Brick.
- Across from the Museum is an arcade. Inside the front door is a crate containing a second bubble gum machine, and at the back is the Kevin Jacobs collectible.
- Down the street from the arcade is a drill point by an awning. Ride the water underneath up to a Super Brick.
- There are two red lights flanking the entrance of a toy store on the corner of this line of buildings. Shoot one of them to set the rocket above in motion. This will take you to the roof. To the right is a cat you can save for a Gold Brick. To the left is a Teleporter that will zip you up to a Red Brick. It's highly recommended you buy this Red Brick, as it grants you the Super Color Gun - a weapon that makes Color Swappers obsolete. The game is instantly a thousand times easier.
- By the toy store back at the bottom is the third bubble gum machine.
- On top of a hotel near the end of the buildings is the Officer Park collectible. The grapple gun will get you to it. To the right of the awning is a coffee break spot you can use for a Gold Brick.
Inner City Buildings
- Across the street from the hotel is the large beige building where you had to ditch a car you stole. Against the building is a crate containing the last bubble gum machine. Assembling it will net you the Janitor collectible.
- There's a bakery across the street from the toy store. Climb up onto the roof to find a space crate. It will beam in an alien you can catch for a Gold Brick.
- Climb onto the bakery again and use the wall jump to get access to the rest of the rooftops. There's a Super Brick atop the bakery itself, another Super Brick on a water tower on roof up, a third Super Brick several roofs over, and yet another Super Brick under a second water tower at the end of the line. There's also a catapult that will send you to the adjacent rooftops.
- To the left of where you land, at the end of the rooftop stretch, is a Free Run medallion and a Scan Point that will ID a gang. To the right is a brick wall you can climb to find another Scan Point to spot a Vehicle Robbery in progress. All three will net you Gold Bricks, while the Free Run will get you the Cowboy collectible and foiling the robber will get you the Flare collectible.
- In the alley between all these buildings you'll find a Gold Color Swapper. On the building facing the Museum you'll also find a Vehicle Robbery Challenge that will win you the Smallisimo collectible and a Gold Brick.