League of Legends Best Tank Champions
Amumu is a great champion and he brings a lot of crowd control to the table. He is really good at setting up plays early as well as aiding your team in winning fights later on in the game. He does take a fair amount of items to become really tanky, but once you get them you are in a very good position to win the game.
- If you are jungling Amumu the best way to gank is through lane. You can run into lane and land your stun and set up your team with a kill. Try not to take many kills on Amumu because your carries are likely to scale better with the gold.
- Try to hit as many people as your can with your ultimate. Amumu has one of the best ultimates in the game for team fighting. If you can lock multiple people up it becomes really easy to chain your crowd control and win fights.
A common trend in the best tanks is usually that they are very good junglers. This is because you need a lot of defense to survive in the jungle. Another job of a tank is to be able to initiate fights, and this regard Jarvan does really well.
- Jarvan has some of the best ganks out of any other jungler. Because he is so strong it is important that you take advantage of this and gank early. Setting up kills early is one of the best things you can do as a jungler.
- Use his ultimate wisely in team fights. This will help you and your team to win fights and get kills. Be sure that you do not lock down your team in a bad position as well. Good Jarvan ults require a certain finesse.
Malphite was built to be a good tank. Because he scales with armor it makes a lot of sense to build defensively. In this regard he is one of the strongest tanks in the game and his ultimates is one of the best in the game as well. A fed Malphite does not die and will zone out a back line and help win team fights.
- Use your ult to hit the right targets and set up good kills. Some players use the ultimate to go in and they go in too deep without enough follow up. You need follow up if you want to use the ultimate to its maximum effectiveness.
- Do not get caught out to where you need to use your ultimate. His ultimate is on a decently long cooldown so it is important that you save it for team fights.
The damage reduction on Mao's ultimate makes him one of the best tanks in the game. He gets a damage reduction for everyone, including himself. This means not only are you already tanky, but you also get additional damage reduction on top of this. He also has a heal so you are healing a lot of damage that you are taking.
- It is important that you do not go in too aggressively when you gank early on. People can flash into a turret and you will follow them. This can easily lead to a death if you get stunned under a turret early.
- Make sure you are using auto attacks as much as possible so you can get the use of his passive. You heal on an auto attack when your passive is up and a lot of the times this is the difference between living and dying.
- Use the ultimate when you are sure a fight is going to happen in that location. You do not want to use it and then have the team position out of it because you will lose your damage reduction and be less effective.
Shen is one of the best tanks in the game because he has a shield on top of already being naturally very tanky. He also has a heal and can heal members on your team with a vorpral spike.
- Using your ultimate makes the difference between a good and a bad Shen. You can easily turn negative plays for your team into positive. Doing this will give your team a huge lead and help you win the game.
- Shen is a very safe pick so do not go overly aggressive. You do not need to do this and as long as your are farming you will be very useful late game.
Singed has always been a great tank and one of the good things about him is even if he loses lane he can still farm, push, and be useful in team fights. He is just naturally really tanky and is always a threat late game. On the other hand, if you win lane hard it is extremely easy to carry with singed and destroy teams.
- Singed lanes a lot differently than other champions. It is important that you learn how to lane effectively so you do not get owned in lane. Even though he does still have power even if he is behind, it is important that you lane the best you can possibly can so the late game becomes easier.
- Split push when you can. This is one of the things that makes Singed so strong and if you are good at this you can carry the games by taking objectives.
Other Strong Tanks
Who is your favorite tank?
- League of Legends Best Junglers
List of the best junglers in league of legends. The strengths and weaknesses of the junglers in League of Legends.
- League of Legends How to Win Ranked Games
tips on winning ranked games and being a cool carry pro
- League of Legends 10 Hardest Champions to Play
List of 10 champions with this highest skill cap in League of Legends.
- Best Support Champions In League of Legends
List of the best support champions in League of Legends. Top support champions LoL
- League of Legends Best Champions For Beginners
List of the best champions for beginners to play in League of Legends
- 10 Tips that Will Raise Your Elo in League of Legend...
10 tips that will help you raise elo in league of legends
- League of Legends 10 Things Keeping You From Gaining...
10 things that could be holding you back in ranked games in League of Legends. Tips on how to gain elo and win games.
- Best Late Game Champions League of Legends
List of the best late game champions in League of Legends and tips on playing them. Best late game carries.
- Best Champions to Carry Ranked Games in League of Le...
List of champions great for carrying ranked games. The best champions for carrying games in League of Legends and information on why they are effective. Good ranked champs.
- League of Legends Best Top Lane Champions
A guide on the best top lane champions in league of of legends.