League of Legends: Good Junglers: Dr.Mundo jungle guide
League of Legends: Good Junglers
Welcome to the third installment of League Of Legends: Good Junglers! This installment: Dr.Mundo, the Madman of Zuan! Now then, let's jump right into it!
Dr.Mundo is a tanky ad champion who deals primarily physical damage. He excels at tanking and is one of the fastest junglers in the game, when jungling as him, you may find that you clear all of the camps faster then they respawn. You will want to start at the red buff rather then the blue, as Dr.Mundo uses health for his abilities. Now then, let's get into his abilities!
- (Passive) Adrenaline rush. Dr.Mundo regens 0.3% of his max health each second. This is free hp regen that is extremely good because on Mundo, you will have over 4000-5000 max hp in most games at full build. That translates into 12-15 free hp per second! Add in the hp you will regen from your items and you regen a ton of health, which you need to fuel your abilities.
- (Q ability) Infected Cleaver (Active),(Skillshot). Dr.Mundo hurls his cleaver in a line, the first enemy hit is damaged for 15/18/21/23/25% of their current health in magic damage (Minimum damage 80/130/180/230/280) and is slowed by 40% for 2 seconds. If the cleaver hits, Mundo is healed for half the health cost. Infected cleaver has a maximum damage of 300/400/500/600/700 vs monsters. (Health cost: 50/60/70/80/90 health) (Cooldown: 4s). Infected Cleaver is Mundo's signature ability. The massive damage it deals to high-health targets, the slow, and the minimum damage all combine into an extremely powerful skill that does not cost much health, and he is healed for half the cost if it hits anyway. The short cooldown helps as well, as in the jungle this acts as a smaller smite because jungle monsters do not have much armor and MR. I take this at level 2-3 if I am ganking early, at level 4 otherwise, and max it last because his W and E are constant effects that deal a lot of damage.
- (W ability) Burning Agony (Toggle) (AoE) While active, Dr.Mundo deals 35/50/65/80/95 (+0.2 per AP) magic damage to nearby enemies. In additan, Dr.Mundo reduces the duration of CC effects on himself by 10/15/20/25/30% while Burning Agony is active. (Health cost: 10/15/20/25/30 health per second) (Cooldown: 4s). Burning Agony is what lets Mundo jungle. A constant, good damage AoE toggle? Yes. It doesn't cost much health? Yes. It lets Mundo clear jungles super fast? Yes. And the CC reduction is useful too, just be careful to turn it off when you aren't using it, it can drain your life or reduce your hp regen. I take this at level 1 and max it first because Mundo needs it to jungle well.
- (E ability) Masochism (Active). When activeted, Dr.Mundo gains 40/55/70/85/100 bonus ad plus 0.4/0.55/0.7/0.85/1 ad for every 1% of Mundo's health missing for 6 seconds. (Health cost: 25/35/45/55/65 health) (Cooldown: 7s). Masochism is extremely powerful because it lets you build no damage items and still deal a ton of damage thanks to it's massive ad steroid. In the jungle it is the other half of the jungle part of Mundo, along with Burning Agony. Together, these two are amazingly fast at jungling and in fights. With cooldown reduction the cooldown can get lower then the duration, letting you spam it. I take this at level 2 if I'm not ganking early, at level 3 otherwise, maxing it second. The massive AD buff this gives you is huge in the jungle and in fights.
- (R ability)(Ultimate) Sadism (Active). Dr.Mundo gains 15/25/35% movement speed and regens 40/50/60% of his max health over 12 seconds. (Health cost: 20% of current health) (Cooldown: 75s(1m15s). Sadism is an absolute beast, letting you tank the entire enemy team or escape quickly at low hp. It gets much better with higher health, hence why you want to get 4-5k max hp. Like any other ultimate, I take this at levels 6,11, and 16.
My personal build for jungle Mundo focuses on high hp, armor, and magic resist. I recommend you experiment to find a build that you like. Here it is:
Starting items: Cloth armor and 5 Health pots. A standard jungle start on some champions, you can go boots if you want to get a level 2-3 gank but it will be close in the jungle.
First back: Boots of speed. If you have already gotten boots as a starting item, then skip this. Back as soon as you have the 350 gold that the boots cost. These are mostly for ganking, but help in the jungle to move around camps.
Early game: Spirit Visage, Merc Treads, Warmog's Armor. Spirit visage was pretty much made for Mundo. I mean come on, increase all hp regen effects on you by 15%? A match made in heaven. It is a core item on Mundo. Warmog's is the big, expensive health item in LoL, giving 920hp and 30hp regen base, and having stacks that each give 3.5hp and 0.1 hp regen.
Mid game: Randuin's Omen. Randuin's Omen is a great item on any tank, giving a lot of armor, some health and hp regen, a bunch of little stats, and an AoE active slow.
Late game: Force of Nature/Wit's end/Thornmail, Warmog's Armor number 2. Here, it depends on what you need to build to tank their team. If they have a lot of AP, FoN. Need more armor? Thornmail. Need more damage? Wit's end. However, you should always buy a second Warmog's, as the hp and hp regen from two is massive.
Why is Dr.Mundo a good jungler?
Dr.Mundo is a good jungler because he is tanky, deals a lot of AoE damage, has an AD steroid, and is one of the fastest and best junglers in the game. That's all this time folks, next time is the last installment in the good junglers series, Udyr, the Animal Spirit.
- League of Legends: Good Junglers: Udyr jungle guide
Want to know if Udyr is a good jungler? If so, come on in and read! You won't regret it!
- League of Legends: Good junglers: Olaf jungle guide
Hello! Today I'm going to be talking about some good junglers in League of Legends. These champions are: Olaf, Lee sin, Dr.Mundo and Udyr.
- League of Legends: Good Junglers: Lee sin jungle guide
Want to know if Lee sin is a good jungler and why? Then come on in and read!
- League of Legends: Rumble Guide
A Guide on how to play Rumble, The Mechanized Menace in League of Legends.
- League of Legends: Best Tanks
Want to know the best Tanks in LoL? Come on in and read!
- League of Legends: How to be a better player
Some league of legends tips on how to play better and how to be a better player.
- League of Legends: Guide on how to jungle
A Guide on how to jungle in league of legends! If you want to know the camps and how they work, come on read!