League of Legends: Good Junglers: Lee sin jungle guide
League of Legends: Good junglers
Hello! Welcome to the second installment of League of Legends: Good junglers. This time, we are looking at Lee Sin, one of the highest skill champions in LoL. Lee sin is unique in the fact that his Q, W and E abilities have a second ability after using them! Without further ado, let's get into it!
Lee sin is one of my favorite champions due to the high skill need to do well with him, his abilities, and his mechanics. Lee sin is one of the best junglers in LoL because his abilities are very good in the jungle. Lee sin does not use mana, instead using energy, which starts at 200 and regens quickly. Let's take a look at his abilities, shall we:
- (Passive) Flurry. After Lee Sin uses an ability, his next two autoattacks within 3 seconds gain 40% attack speed and restore 15 energy each. This passive is what lets him spam abilities and clear the jungle quickly. Because each ability is really two abilities, this gives quite a lot of energy back. When jungling as Lee Sin, make sure to use an ability, autoattack twice, use the second ability, autoattack again and repeat.
- Q (Active) (Skillshot) Sonic Wave/Resonating Strike. (Sonic Wave) Lee Sin fires a wave of sound in a line, dealing 50/80/110/140/170 (+0.9 per bonus AD) physical damage to the first enemy it encounters and revealing it for 3 seconds. If Sonic Wave hits, Lee Sin can cast Resonating Sprite within the next three seconds (Energy cost: 50 energy) (Cooldown: 11/10/9/8/7 seconds). (Resonating Strike) Lee Sin dashes to the enemy hit by Sonic Wave, dealing 50/80/110/140/170 (+0.9 per bonus AD) physical damage plus 8% of their missing health as physical damage. (Energy cost: 30) This is Lee Sin's bread and butter, AKA what makes him so strong. It is good in the jungle due to it's high damage and versus the two buffs Resonating Strike deals quite a lot of damage. It's real use is in fights, because it let's him jump to the target, deal a lot of damage, and then use the rest of his abilities. It is also useful for checking bushes, as it reveals the hit enemy. I will take Sonic wave at level 2 if I am ganking early, level 3 otherwise. You should max it first, as it is Lee's main damage tool.
- W (Active) (Targeted) Safeguard/Iron Will. (Safeguard) Lee Sin dashes to target ally, shielding them both from 40/80/120/160/200 (+0.8 per AP(Ability power) damage if a shield is broken, half of Safeguards energy cost is returned. After using Safeguard, Lee Sin can cast Iron Will within the next 3 seconds. (Energy Cost: 50) (Cooldown: 9s). (Iron Will) For 5 seconds, Lee sin gains 5/9/13/17/21% Lifesteal and spellvamp and 10/15/20/25/30 armor. (Energy Cost: 30) This is a very strong ability because it lets him both shield himself and an ally, and gain lifesteal and armor. An important thing to note is that Lee Sin does not have to use it on an ally, he can use it on himself. This is strong in the jungle, letting him tank hits with the armor and get back health with the lifesteal. I take Safeguard at level 2 if I am not ganking early, level 3 otherwise, and max it second.
- E (Active) Tempest/Cripple. (Tempest) Lee Sin smashes the ground, dealing 60/95/130/165/200 (+1 per bonus AD) magic damage to enemies around him and revealing them for 4 seconds. If Tempest hits an enemy, Lee sin can cast Cripple within the next 3 seconds. (Energy Cost: 50) (Cooldown: 10s). (Cripple) All nearby enemies hit by Tempest have their movement and attack speed slowed by 30/37.5/45/52.5/60% for 4 seconds. This slow fades over the duration. (Energy Cost: 30) This is another strong ability, and is vital to jungling as lee sin. Tempest deals damage and reveals, and then Cripple slows their MS and AS. It is also useful in fights, as the AoE damage slow is very strong. I take Tempest at level 1, and max it last.
- R(Ultimate) (Active) (Targeted) Dragon's Rage. Lee sin performs a powerful kick launching his target back, dealing 200/400/600 (+2 per bonus AD) physical damage to the target and all enemies they hit. Enemies the target collides with are knocked up. Lee sin's ult is very, very powerful. It deals tons of damage and can hit their entire team, while knocking up all enemies it collides with. A tricky but cool combo with his Q and Ult is: Use Sonic wave, hitting the target, Use dragon's rage, and then use Resonating strike. Since the target will have taken damage from Dragon's rage, Resonating strike will deal more damage. I take Dragon's rage at levels 6,11, and 16.
This is my personal build for jungle Lee sin, I focus on tankiess and damage. Here it is:
Starting Items: Boots of Speed and 3 Health pots. A pretty normal starting setup for Lee, the boots help with speed and ganking and the pots are for healing.
First back:Vampiric Scepter. Vampiric Scepter is a great item on any ad jungler, giving lifesteal and building into Wriggle's our next item.
Early game: Wriggle's Lantern, Mercury's Treads. Wriggle's is strong on pretty much all AD junglers, Merc treads are just good on Lee in general, due to the reduced CC and MR.
Mid game: Frozen Mallet, Atma's Impaler. Frozen Mallet is just plain good on Lee. Health, some ad, a great slow AND it makes Atma's even better? Yes. Atma's is pretty standard on most ad bruisers these days, since most of them build a Mallet or Warmogs.
Late game: Sell Wriggle's for The Bloodthirster, Maw of Malmortius, Guardian Angel. Bloodthrister is great, it's Wriggle's big brother. The Maw is awesome for MR, damage, and at low hp you get a magic damage shield. What's not to like? Finaly, Guardian Angel gives good armor and MR AND when you die, you come back every 5 minutes
Why Lee Sin is a good jungler
Lee sin is a good jungler because he deals lots of damage, has sustainability, and has very strong ganks. However, he takes a lot of time and practice to master, but once you master him, he is extremely strong. Thanks for reading, and tune in next time for Dr. Mundo, The madman of Zuan.
- League of Legends: How to be a better player
Some league of legends tips on how to play better and how to be a better player.
- League of Legends: Good Junglers: Udyr jungle guide
Want to know if Udyr is a good jungler? If so, come on in and read! You won't regret it!
- League of Legends: Rumble Guide
A Guide on how to play Rumble, The Mechanized Menace in League of Legends.
- League of Legends: Guide on how to jungle
A Guide on how to jungle in league of legends! If you want to know the camps and how they work, come on read!
- League of Legends: Good junglers: Olaf jungle guide
Hello! Today I'm going to be talking about some good junglers in League of Legends. These champions are: Olaf, Lee sin, Dr.Mundo and Udyr.
- League of Legends: Good Junglers: Lee sin jungle gui...
Want to know if Lee sin is a good jungler and why? Then come on in and read!
- League of Legends: Good Junglers: Dr.Mundo jungle gu...
Want to know if Dr.Mundo is a good and powerful jungler? Then come on in and read! You won't regret it!