League of Legends: Good Junglers: Udyr jungle guide
League of Legends: Good Junglers
Welcome to the final installment of League of Legends: Good Junglers! This installment: Udyr, The Animal Spirit! Udyr is a very cool champion because he has no ultimate! He instead has 4 normal abilities and a passive. So sit back and enjoy!
Udyr is a tanky dps champion, also known as a bruiser, who excels at jungling and ganking. His main cool mechanic is that he has no ultimate, instead having a fourth ability. When Udyr stays in a Stance he gets that stances persistent effect until he changes to a different stance. Now, let's get into his abilities:
- (Passive) Monkey's Agility. Udyr's attack speed is increased by 10% for 5 seconds each time he changes stances. This effect can stack up to 3 times. Changing stances sets off a 1.5 second cooldown. This passive is not bad, it's not an amazing passive but it has its uses, mostly in fights as an AS buff.
- (Q ability) Tiger Stance (Active). (Activation) Udyr's next basic attack will deal 30/80/130/180/230 (1.5 per AD) magic damage over two seconds. He also gains a 15/20/25/30/35% AS buff for 5 seconds. (Persistent) Udyr gains 20/25/30/35/40 AS. (Mana Cost: 55/50/45/40/35 mana) (Cooldown: 6s). Tiger Stance is Udyr's main damage source, as it deals a massive amount of damage over two seconds. In the jungle, It is useful because of the AS buff and because of the damage. Many people are split whether to max this or Phoenix stance first, as Phoenix stance offers more jungle speed, but Tiger stance gives more damage and gank power. I personally prefer getting Phoenix stance early on, and maxing Tiger Stance after I start ganking a bunch. I take Tiger stance at level 3 and max it starting at level 6.
- (W ability) Turtle Stance (Active). (Activation) Udyr gains a shield that absorbs 60/95/130/165/200 (+0.5 per AP) damage for 5 seconds or until it has absorbed the full damage. (Persistent) Udyr's attacks cannot crit, but they restore 10/12/14/16/18% of the damage dealt as health and 5/6/7/8/9% of the damage dealt as mana. (Mana Cost: 55/50/45/40/35 mana) (Cooldown: 6s) Turtle stance is great in the jungle for the shield and because it gives a good amount of health and mana back. I will generally take this at level 2 and max it second.
- (E ability) Bear Stance (Active). (Activation) Udyr gains 15/18/21/24/27% increased movement speed for 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 seconds. (Persistent) Udyr's basic attacks stun the target for 1 second. This effect can only occur on the same target once every 6 seconds. (Mana cost: 55/50/45/40/35 mana) (Cooldown: 6s) Bear stance has no use in the jungle, in fights and when you are ganking however, it is great. The stun is a good CC to lock them down in teamfights and ganks, the MS is awesome for chasing or fleeing. I take bear stance at level 4 and max it 3rd.
- (R ability) Phoenix Stance (Active) (Activation) Udyr deals constant AoE magic damage for 5 seconds to nearby enemies equal to 15/25/35/45/55 (+0.25 per AP). During this time, Udyr also gains 16/24/32/40/28 AP and 8/12/16/20/24 AD. (Persistent) Every third attack, Udyr deals 40/80/120/160/200 (+0.25 per AP) magic damage to enemies in front of him. Phoenix stance is really only good in the jungle because it is an constant, decent damage AoE that give bonus AD and AP. I take Phoenix stance at levels 1,5 and 18.
I build Udyr like a tanky, ad bruiser who can both dish out and take damage.
Starting Items: Boots of speed, 3 Health Pots. A standard jungle starting build for champions that gank earlier, Udyr can really take advantage of the boots thanks to Bear and Tiger stance.
Early game: Wriggle's Lantern, Wit's End, Mercury's Treads. Wriggles is just good on Udyr, providing some lifesteal and AD that he needs early on. Wit's Endis very synergistic with Tiger stance, thanks to the on-hit Proc and AS. Merc Treads are good on every bruiser, Udyr is no exception.
Mid game: Frozen Mallet, Atma's Impaler. Both of these are great on Udyr, providing damage, health, armor, and a slow. Udyr does have bear stance, but often you will want to have some sort of slow that is always on, and Mallet is perfect for that.
Late Game: Sell Wriggle's for The Bloodthirster, Force of Nature Or Randuin's Omen, Guardian Angel. The Bloodthirster is just great on most ad champs, and Udyr needs that lifesteal and AD. Your last item should be a FoN, Randuins, Or GA depending on the team comp. FoN and Randuins are for AP and AD teams, GA is for hybrid teams.
Why is Udyr a good jungler?
Udyr is a good jungler because his clear speed, ganking power and all-around power are all very high, making him a good choice for players that like junglers that can gank and teamfight well. If you want to see more League of Legends: Good Junglers hubs, suggest some champs below. Thanks for reading!
- League of Legends: How to be a better player
Some league of legends tips on how to play better and how to be a better player.
- League of Legends: Good Junglers: Udyr jungle guide
Want to know if Udyr is a good jungler? If so, come on in and read! You won't regret it!
- League of Legends: Rumble Guide
A Guide on how to play Rumble, The Mechanized Menace in League of Legends.
- League of Legends: Guide on how to jungle
A Guide on how to jungle in league of legends! If you want to know the camps and how they work, come on read!
- League of Legends: Good junglers: Olaf jungle guide
Hello! Today I'm going to be talking about some good junglers in League of Legends. These champions are: Olaf, Lee sin, Dr.Mundo and Udyr.
- League of Legends: Good Junglers: Lee sin jungle gui...
Want to know if Lee sin is a good jungler and why? Then come on in and read!
- League of Legends: Good Junglers: Dr.Mundo jungle gu...
Want to know if Dr.Mundo is a good and powerful jungler? Then come on in and read! You won't regret it!