- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
League of Legends: Good junglers: Olaf jungle guide
League of Legends: Good junglers
Hello! Today is the first installment in the League of Legends: Good junglers series! This installment: Olaf! Remember, this list is my personal opinion, and you should take everything I say with a grain of salt. I am not a pro player, but I have been playing this game for quite a while and I do understand it well. Now, you might ask, "But what is a jungler?" A jungler is a champion that, instead of going into the lane, kills the minions in the neutral area in between the lanes known as the jungle to get gold and experience. Both the purple and blue teams have a jungle, this jungle is the same for both sides. Now that you understand what a jungler is, let's begin!
Our first jungler is Olaf. Olaf is my personal favorite champion, and he is quite strong in the jungle. My personal order of maxing is: take W at level 1, then Q at level 2, W again at level 3 , take E at level 4, and then max in the order of Q-E-W taking your ult at 6-11-16. Let's first take a look at his abilities:
- Berserker Rage. Passive. For every 1% of his health missing, Olaf's attack speed increases by 1%. This is a very strong passive, and is part of what makes Olaf such a strong jungler. Because when jungling, you are the only one taking damage from the monsters, you will be at low hp. This passive makes him much more dangerous and powerful at low hp.
- Undertow. Q ability, skillshot, active. Olaf Throws an axe to target location, dealing 80/125/170/215/260 (+1 per bonus attack damage) physical damage to units it passes through and slowing them for 2.5 seconds. If Olaf picks up the axe, Undertow's cooldown is reduced by 4.5 seconds. (Cooldown: 8 seconds) (Mana cost: 55/60/65/70/75 mana) ( Slow: 24/28/32/36/40%) This is the ability that separates good Olaf players from bad Olaf players due to it being more difficult then most skillshots to land. Picking up the axe is a key part of playing Olaf, and a part of him that takes some time to get good at. Undertow is not bad in the jungle, it just costs a lot of mana, and if you give your blue buff to your mid you have to conserve your mana. Undertow really shines in chasing, as the slow and cooldown reduction from picking up the axe is devastating.
- Vicious Strikes. W ability, active. For 6 seconds, Olaf's attack damage is increased by 7/14/21/28/35 (+1% of max hp) and he gains 9/12/15/18/21% lifesteal and spell vamp. (Cooldown: 12 seconds) Vicious strikes is the other reason Olaf is so strong in the jungle because it gives him a large amount of attack damage and lets him stay alive longer thanks to the lifesteal. It also lets Olaf pull off some awesome tricks with his passive, being at low hp in a fight and activating Vicious Strikes will deal a lot of damage and heal him by a lot.
- Reckless Swing. E ability, active, targeted. Olaf swings with such force, dealing 100/160/220/280/340 true damage to the target and 40/64/88/112/136 damage to himself. (Cooldown: 9/8/7/6/5 seconds) This ability is useful in the jungle as a second, smaller smite and in fights as a high damage dealer since true damage ignores armor and magic resist. The health cost can be tricky, but most of the time you will be lifestealing it back quickly anyway.
- Ragnarok. R,(Ultimate) ability, passive, active. Passive: Olaf has 10/20/30 increased armor penetration. Active: For 6 seconds,Olaf instantly removes all crowd control effects from himself. He is also immune to disables and gains 30/45/60 bonus armor and magic resist. (Cooldown: 100 seconds(1m40s) (Mana cost: 100/75/50) Ragnarok is one of Olaf's best abilities. It does very little in the jungle, but the passive armor pen is great in fights due to not needing to buy items with armor pen. The active is amazing, making it so CC(Crowd Control) can not lock him down and the armor and MR(Magic resist) make him more tanky
Here is my personal Olaf build for jungling. Remember, I am not a pro player, do not think that this is the only build you should use, experiment a little to find what works well for you.
Start: Vampiric Scepter. This is good in the early jungle because the lifesteal helps you stay alive and it builds into Wriggle's later on.
First Back: Boots of Speed. As soon as you have the gold for boots, back for them to make your ganks and jungle speed much better.
Early Game: Wriggle's Lantern, Berserker's Greaves. Wriggle's is a core item on most ad junglers, it gives Olaf every single thing he wants from it, and the proc on it is very useful in the jungle. Berserker's Greaves are good for the movement speed and the attack speed is useful on Olaf, letting him hit faster and lifesteal more.
Mid Game: Frozen Mallet, Zeke's Herald. Frozen Mallet is one of Olaf's core items, as the slow and hp are worth the price alone, the AD is just a bonus. Combined with Atma's, Frozen mallet is one of the best items on Olaf. Zeke's Herald is just great. Health, CDR(Cooldown Reduction), Attack speed, and gives you and all nearby allies lifesteal and Attack speed? Yes please!
Late Game: Sell Wriggles for The Bloodthirster,Atma's Impaler, Guardian Angel. Your Wriggles will not be as useful late game, so why not sell it for it's big brother? The Bloodthirster gives a massive 60 AD and 12% lifesteal, and whenever you kill a unit, it gets +1 AD and 0.2% Lifesteal, up to 40 stacks. On death, it loses half its stacks. Atma's Impaler is amazing with Frozen Mallet. Since you are going to have around 3k hp at level 18, Atma's gives you 45 AD at max level, plus 45 armor and 18% crit chance. What's not to like? Finally, Guardian Angel gets rid of those pesky moments when you die, letting you come back to life with 750 hp and 375 mana every 5 minutes. Is that great or what? It also has some nice Armor and MR on it, which helps with your tankiness.
Why Olaf is a good jungler
Olaf Is a good jungler because his passive makes him stronger at low hp, his Vicious strikes give him massive AD(Attack damage) and lifesteal, and his Reckless swing is like a second smite. Overall, he is one of the faster and stronger junglers in League of Legends (LoL)
That's all this time folks, tune in next time for Lee sin, The blind monk.
- League of Legends: How to be a better player
Some league of legends tips on how to play better and how to be a better player.
- League of Legends: Good Junglers: Udyr jungle guide
Want to know if Udyr is a good jungler? If so, come on in and read! You won't regret it!
- League of Legends: Rumble Guide
A Guide on how to play Rumble, The Mechanized Menace in League of Legends.
- League of Legends: Guide on how to jungle
A Guide on how to jungle in league of legends! If you want to know the camps and how they work, come on read!
- League of Legends: Good junglers: Olaf jungle guide
Hello! Today I'm going to be talking about some good junglers in League of Legends. These champions are: Olaf, Lee sin, Dr.Mundo and Udyr.
- League of Legends: Good Junglers: Lee sin jungle gui...
Want to know if Lee sin is a good jungler and why? Then come on in and read!
- League of Legends: Good Junglers: Dr.Mundo jungle gu...
Want to know if Dr.Mundo is a good and powerful jungler? Then come on in and read! You won't regret it!