- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games»
- Online Video Games»
- Multiplayer Online Games
League of Legends Objectives vs Kills
How you win games in League of Legends
It seems like it is pretty simple on how you win games in League of Legends but a problem in focus can be the difference in if you win games or lose them. The only thing that matters in League of Legends is killing the nexus. All the static between does not really matter and is just a means to an end.
You can improve your play by shifting your focus to more and getting objectives and less on getting kills. Kills are important I am not going to lie to you and say that they are not but they are not the most important thing like most people make them out to be. Kills help you get objectives and in this sense they get their value.
Why do we put so much importance on kills?
Well we learn habits when we are just starting out in League of Legends, but the problem is that we do not know much about the game when we are learning and we tend to pick up some bad habits.
Kills make us feel good.
When we get a kill in League of Legends we feel like we accomplished something and that we are doing better than the enemy. Because of this we get addicted to getting kills and place a big importance on getting them.
This creates a problem because the way the League is set up towers and objectives are far more valuable than a kill. When you think about it your team gets a total of 750 gold when you kill a turret and only about 300 gold when you get a kill.
Not only do towers give you gold but they also set you up for more map control which is way more valuable than getting a kill.
Start protecting your turrets
When you see high level play of League of Legends the top players will do everything in their power to protect their turrets.
They know that these turrets are very valuable and want to do everything they can to stop the enemy team from getting gold.
I want you to shift your focus on who is winning the game not by who has the most kills but who has the most turrets. The team who has the most amount of turrets is generally in a better position to win the game.
The Challenger Strategy
Once you get to high diamond and challenger there is a shift of play style and focus to where you can not go for kills without being punished by the enemy team taking your turrets.
For example let say there is a person pushing your bottom lane and you send a couple of your players to stop him. They will immediately start pushing your top turret and hard. The end result is that the person bottom will get away or die, but they will get a turret maybe two.
This means that the enemy team got turrets map control and a ton of gold and you got a kill.
It is my firm belief that is one of the main reasons a lot of these players got the best of the best. They have a greater understanding of the game and what is important. This is how you win games. Not by getting kills but by getting objectives. Learning this will help you in ranking up and just becoming a better player in general.
Split pushing to win games.
You can win games by split pushing but you have to know how to do it. Split pushing is all about getting objectives and you can use it to win games.
Tips on split pushing:
- Make sure you can win 1v1 if someone comes to try to stop you. If they send a champion to stop you from pushing and you kill that champion and survive you are in a great position to get more objectives and win the game
- Ward. You must ward if you are going to extend yourself to take turrets. When you see them coming you can bait them into sending a more than one champion to stop you and when they do this your team can get objectives other places on the map.
- Communicate with your team. You must tell your team to be careful not to fight while you are not around. If they get in a 4v5 fight they are likely to lose and your split push will most likely not be effective at all.
Pick a good champion to split push with:
- Mater Yi
- Lee Sin
Who is the best split pusher?
- League of Legends Best Junglers
List of the best junglers in league of legends. The strengths and weaknesses of the junglers in League of Legends.
- League of Legends How to Win Ranked Games
tips on winning ranked games and being a cool carry pro
- League of Legends 10 Hardest Champions to Play
List of 10 champions with this highest skill cap in League of Legends.
- Best Support Champions In League of Legends
List of the best support champions in League of Legends. Top support champions LoL
- League of Legends Best Champions For Beginners
List of the best champions for beginners to play in League of Legends
- 10 Tips that Will Raise Your Elo in League of Legend...
10 tips that will help you raise elo in league of legends
- League of Legends 10 Things Keeping You From Gaining...
10 things that could be holding you back in ranked games in League of Legends. Tips on how to gain elo and win games.
- Best Late Game Champions League of Legends
List of the best late game champions in League of Legends and tips on playing them. Best late game carries.
- Best Champions to Carry Ranked Games in League of Le...
List of champions great for carrying ranked games. The best champions for carrying games in League of Legends and information on why they are effective. Good ranked champs.
- League of Legends Best Top Lane Champions
A guide on the best top lane champions in league of of legends.