- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games»
- Online Video Games»
- Multiplayer Online Games
League of Legends: Rumble Guide
Hello! Welcome to my guide on how to play Rumble as a solo top. Rumble is one of the strongest solo top's in League of Legends, as his power to be a bully in lane is extremely strong. He is often considered to be one of the worst champions to play against in lane. Let's begin:
Rumble is unique because all of his non-ultimate abilities generate 20 heat when used. When rumble reaches 50 heat, he is in the Danger Zone, giving all of his abilities extra effects. Rumble's heat caps at 100 and starts at 0. While not overheated, after 4 seconds of not using his basic abilities he will start losing heat at a rate of 5 heat every half second, and 2.5 seconds later at a rate of 10 every half second. Let's see his abilities:
- (Passive) Junkyard Titan. When Rumble reaches 100 heat he overheats, sliencing himself for 6 seconds to cooldown completely and causing his basic attacks to deal an additional 20 + (5 x level) + (0.3 per AP) magic damage for the duration. This passive is very strong, giving his basic attacks a huge boost in damage when he can't cast any abilities. The damage bonus does not work on towers and structures.
- (Q Ability) Flamespitter (Active). Rumble torches his opponents front of him, dealing 30/60/90/120/150 (+0.45 per AP) magic damage per second in a cone for 3 seconds. While in the Danger Zone, this damage is increased to 39/78/117 /156/195 (+0.585 per Ap). Does half damage to minions. (Cooldown: 6s) Flamespitter is Rumble's main source of damage, dealing an extreme amount of damage at early levels, scaling well into the late game, as well as being good at farming. Rumble can attack, move, and use abilities during the duration of Flamespitter. I take Flamespitter at level 1 and max it first, as it deals so much damage.
- (W Ability) Scrap Shield (Active). Rumble pulls up a shield, protecting him from 50/80/110/140/170 (+0.4 per AP) damage for 2 seconds and granting him 10/15/20/25/30% movement speed for 1 second. While in the danger zone, the shield protects 65/104/143/182/221 (+0.52 per AP) damage and the movement speed boost is increased to 13/19.5/26/32.5/39% movement speed. (Cooldown: 6s) Scrap Shield is very useful for both escaping and chasing, the moment speed allowing the chasing or running and the shield providing some safety from damage. Scrap shield is also nice in lane, as it lets you take little damage from harassment. I take Scrap Shield at level 2 and max it last, as the loss in damage you get from not maxing your Q and E first is too much to justify the extra defense early on.
- (E Ability) Electro-Harpoon (Active, Skillshot). Rumble shoots a taser that deals 55/85/115/145/175 magic damage and applies a 15/20/25/30/35% slow on the enemy hit for three seconds. A second shot can be fired for no additional cost within the next three seconds. The slows from these two tasers can stack with themselves and the duration will be refreshed with the second hit. While in the "Danger Zone", the damage and slow percentage are increased by 30%. (Cooldown: 10s) Electro-Harpoon is a very strong skill, giving a powerful slow and damage that can net you kills easily when combined with Flamespitter. The slow is quite powerful alone, and if both harpoons hit the same target, well, that is one powerful slow. I take Electro-Harpoon at level 3 and max it second, as the high slow and damage are essential to play Rumble well.
- (R ability(Ultimate) The Equalizer (Active, Skillshot). Rumble calls down a line of rockets over the target linear location, using a click and drag targeting. The rockets deal 150/225/300 (+0.5 per AP) initial magic damage to all enemies hit on arrival, and also leave a trail of destruction for 5 seconds that slows by 35% and deals 100/140/180 (+0.2 per AP) magic damage to all enemies standing on the area. (Cooldown: 105/90/75s, 1m45s,1m30s,1m15s) The Equalizer is just amazing, turning teamfights and grabbing you kills all day long. With one of the highest overall damage abilities in the game, Rumble can dish out a ton of damage with all of his abilites. The initial damage is pretty good, but the real strength is the AoE slow and DoT (Damage over Time), getting you kills and assits even after it lands. I take The Equalizer at levels 6, 11, and 16, just like any other ult.
Since Rumble is a solo top, you want to get a mix of AP items and defensive items so you can both tank and dish out the pain!
Start: Boots of speed and 3 Health Pots. A standard start on most champions these days, it allows for evasion and sustain through the health pots.
First Back: Amplifying Tome, Sight ward. The tome builds into Hextech Revolver, while the sight ward is so you don't get ganked and die.
Early Game: Hextech Revolver, Mercury's Treads. Hextech Revolver is too strong on Rumble, giving the spellvamp and AP you really need to sustain in lane for long periods of time. Merc Treads are good on any solo top, giving MS and the CC reduction, along with a small amount of MR.
Mid Game: Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Will of The Ancients. Ryali's is pretty much gotten on all AP champions, and Rumble is extremely strong with the slow, giving his Flamespitter a good slow for an AoE spread. WoTA (Will of the Ancients) is plain good on Rumble, giving more spellvamp and AP then the Revolver, which makes sense since revolver builds into it.
Late Game: Abyssal Scepter, Zhonya's Hourglass, Guardian Angel. Abyssal Scepter help's Rumble's damage so much, reducing all nearby enemies MR, making him and your teams other AP's deal more damage. Replace this with a Void Staff if you need more MPen. Zhona's gives a lot of AP, a good amount of armor, and a good active that can save you from abilities that would kill you. Guardian Angel is good on most tanky-dps champions, giving a revive effect and some decent stats for 2600 gold.
Why is Rumble good?
Rumble is good because he deals a ton of damage, is hard to kill, and his ult can easily turn around teamfights. Thanks for reading!
- League of Legends: How to be a better player
Some league of legends tips on how to play better and how to be a better player.
- League of Legends: Good Junglers: Udyr jungle guide
Want to know if Udyr is a good jungler? If so, come on in and read! You won't regret it!
- League of Legends: Rumble Guide
A Guide on how to play Rumble, The Mechanized Menace in League of Legends.
- League of Legends: Guide on how to jungle
A Guide on how to jungle in league of legends! If you want to know the camps and how they work, come on read!
- League of Legends: Good junglers: Olaf jungle guide
Hello! Today I'm going to be talking about some good junglers in League of Legends. These champions are: Olaf, Lee sin, Dr.Mundo and Udyr.
- League of Legends: Good Junglers: Lee sin jungle gui...
Want to know if Lee sin is a good jungler and why? Then come on in and read!
- League of Legends: Good Junglers: Dr.Mundo jungle gu...
Want to know if Dr.Mundo is a good and powerful jungler? Then come on in and read! You won't regret it!