League of Legends Understanding the Meta
The word "Meta" is thrown around a lot and can be confusing to players that have just started out or just learning the game. The meta is the way that champions are placed respectively into their lanes and roles based on the map and other factors. If you have no idea what the meta is this guide will start by explaining what the meta is and move into explanations.
The meta currently is a mage mid, bruiser top, jungler in the jungle, and ranged carry and support bot.
- Mage/Caster - Mid
- Bruiser - Top
- Ranged Ad - Bot
- Support - Bot
If you have watched tournaments or competitive play this meta is used in nearly every single lane and there is a specific reason to why the meta is the way it is. The meta is this way for the following reasons:
- Why is the mage mid? The mage is mid to obtain levels and a significant amount of gold. Because this lane is a solo lane, you gain more experience which is vital to obtaining damage through abilities. Also, mid lane has the ability to roam a lot and effect other lanes. This is most important for casters due to there crowd control and high burst.
- Why is the bruiser top? The bruiser is top because of their high sustain and durability. The sustain gives them the ability to farm very well without dying of being forced out of lane. Unlike ad carries they do not need to be baby sat with a support.
- Why is the ranged carry bot? The ranged carry is bot because it allows these champions to farm very well and obtain massive amounts of gold for expensive and high damage items. This allows for them to be extremely powerful in the late game. Unlike mages, they do not need levels to do damage, but they do need gold. Bot lane allows them to farm with the help of the support.
- Why is the support bot? The support is there to help the ranged carry to farm and prevent ganks through warding and abilities. Supports help protect the carry and allow them to farm. Supports also do not take cs or minion kills from the ranged carry in order to help them become as strong as possible. The bot lane is also close to dragon for dragon control.
The meta is important to understand and learn once you become higher in level and experience more competitive play. Until then, enjoy the game and learn as many champions as you can and focus on improving your mechanics to the best of your ability. I hope this guide helped you in understanding the meta.
Lane swapping is a way to disorient the enemy and give one of your lanes a slight advantage. This is more common in ranked games and allows your carries to get more farm while denying an enemy lane. By doing this you give your team a slight edge to pick the lane accordingly.
- Get My Pro League of Legends Guides now in the Kindle Store
The best and most extensive League of Legends Guides on the market. These guides will give you all the tips you need to take your game to the next level and start carrying your teammates.
- League of Legends Dominance | Become a pro
Extensive League of Legends blog with all the tips and advice you need in order to get better. Go pro and dominate your enemies with guides and information.
- League Domination
Extensive guides on what you need to raise your elo. How to get better at League of Legends and climb the ladder.
- League of Legends How to Play Support
In depth guide on playing support in League of Legends as well as tips to improve your support play.
- A Guide to Playing League of Legends Ranked Games
Tips and trick to help aid the performance in ranked games. Ways to improve play and gain a higher elo.
- 10 Tips that Will Raise Your Elo in League of Legends
10 tips that will help you raise elo in league of legends
- Best Champions to Carry Ranked Games in League of Legends
List of champions great for carrying ranked games.
- League of Legends Secret Over Powered Champions
List of a few sleeper champions in League of Legends that are overpowered and overlooked by many.
- Best Mid Lane Champions League of Legends
List of the top tier mid lane champions and information about their strengths and weaknesses.
- League of Legends Best Top Lane Champions
A guide on the best top lane champions in league of of legends.
- League of Legends How to Win Ranked Games
tips on winning ranked games and being a cool carry pro
- League of Legends Best Streamers
List of the best streamers in League of Legends
- How to Raise Elo League of Legends
Guide on gaining precious elo. Tips tricks and methods for people of all skill levels