- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Toys for Kids»
- Building & Construction Toys
Lego Ghostbusters Ecto-1 is Here!
Let the Joyfulness Begin!
Ok, everyone. Lego has finally reached back into our collective childhood and made the Lego set we've all been waiting 30 years for - Lego Ghostbusters. This set is the real deal with a detail heavy Ecto-1 and all four of the major movie mini figures. No hunting for that elusive Winston figure!
Hopefully this is just the tip of the iceberg and Lego is planning a full extended set.
Who is your favorite Ghostbuster?
Get 'Em Before They're Gone!
These sets are currently being scooped up by collectors and those looking to make a quick buck. You can find sets on eBay for over $100. Amazon and Lego are both featuring them for less than that. This is the time to buy - don't wait until they are all gone and the scalpers are the only game left in town!
Here's the technical breakdown
- Lego set # 21108
- 508 total pieces
- 4 mini figures with proton packs
- set is intended for those ages 10+
Suggestions for Other Sets
- Stay Puft Marshmallow Man with Gozar and Zuul
- Dana Barrett and Louis Tulley with Creatures
- Fire Station with Janine and Slimer
- Ghostbusters II set with Vigo and Yanosh
- Dana and Oscar with the baby carraige
Play Like the Film Makers!
- Bill Murray wasn't the first choice for Peter Venkman. In fact, he wasn't the second or third choice either. The part was originally written for Jon Belushi, and after his death, then offered to Chevy Chase and Michael Keaton.
- It's a good thing that the others turned the part down because most of Bill Murray's lines were ad -libbed during filming. Imagine how different it would have been without Murray's Venkman.
- Other people to turn down major roles in the film were comedy legends John Candy and Eddie Murphy.
- Too bad there wasn't a Rick Moranis character in the set, his party scene was almost entirely ad-libbed and would have been fun to play!
- The Marshmallow man was supposed to first be seen coming out of the ocean near the Statue of Liberty (in Godzilla fashion). The scene was too hard to shoot on the limited budget and was scrapped.